Any updates on California Billiards?

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
California Billiards (Mountain View) closed last year for a move to Fremont, CA originally to reopen in February I think.

That didn't happen. Last I heard they were postponed to a July 1st reopen date with perhaps a tournament grand opening.

So far as I know there I no event scheduled & I haven't heard a peep whether or not the reopening is still scheduled.

Anyone know anything?

This was a great room in NorCal with good pool friendly ownership. I hope it happens.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Is that the New Place in Fremont ? ... If so, looks like a converted warehouse ... ?
The Original was the "Jewel of Pool" in the SF Bay Area. This disappoints me,
as I am planning a move to our Home in Hillsborough (across the Bay) and
figured on joining as a monthly member. Same distance to Family Billiards
in SF, so I have a choice.

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CBC in Fremont Ca. Not Open Yet

No, that is a picture of CBC in Mountain View, Str8PoolPlayer.
So much for your assessment of "The Original was the "Jewel of Pool" in the SF Bay Area.

Not sure when CBC will open in Fremont?
Work has started, BarneyCalip

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would also like to know. I've had to drive down to Milpitas at Edgies or go up to Crown for decent type of billiards.

Also, the Broken Rack it's in the process of moving as well. I have been in touch with two of the staff there, so hope to hear soon.

I've heard no word of Cbc reopening.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
So is the 28th,29th of June not accurate for the tourney?

I was hoping to be able to drive up for the tourney in two weeks, is that accurat or not????

Jaden

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
No, that is a picture of CBC in Mountain View, Str8PoolPlayer.
So much for your assessment of "The Original was the "Jewel of Pool" in the SF Bay Area.

Not sure when CBC will open in Fremont?
Work has started, BarneyCalip

I hadn't been there in many years and it doesn't look as "elegant" as I remember it.
Guess I never looked "UP" while in there or I would have recognized it. I'm still hoping it opens before long, as my Granddaughter lives in Fremont and it would
be convenient to visit both during same trip. Thanks for the update.

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Family Billiards Cole Dickson Memorial

Jaden do you mean the Cole Dickson Memorial.
I believe it is June 28 and 29 at Family Billiards in San Francisco.

Here is a picture of Cole Dickson at California Billiards Club Mountain View

BC1_0549.jpg

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Old California Billiards

I was hoping to be able to drive up for the tourney in two weeks, is that accurat or not????
Jaden

The pictures I posted was of the old California Billiards.
The word that I got was it was closing down and it wasn't mentioned if it was relocating.
I liked the old pool room so posted some pictures......
Sorry to have confused anyone.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the Broken Rack going to relocate to?

Fairly close to the old one in a stand alone bldg from what I hear. It is on the other side of Powell just over the bridge and easier to get to.

People I talked to at a tournament in Vacaville yesterday said the room looks great with another Diamond table added and all the old Oldhausen's repaired and recovered. Those tables were in brutal shape and while they will never be like Gold Crowns or Diamonds, can play ok when repaired. Ernest Dominguez did the work, so they should be fine.

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know any details on CBC's reopening schedule or the venue details. But they are currently working to ready the new Cal location for opening in the near future. Cal is definitely missed.