Any word from Dennis Searing....

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
That's your opinion or opinions .
Why would anyone want to convince you they are the best playing cue ???
You're still not going to buy one .

Pretty sure you missed my point completely. There is no best playing cue. The very term “best playing cue” is completely nonsensical. If Searing’s cues were the “best playing cues”, why would anyone use anything else?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Pretty sure you missed my point completely. There is no best playing cue. The very term “best playing cue” is completely nonsensical. If Searing’s cues were the “best playing cues”, why would anyone use anything else?
Because there aren't millions of them for the millions of players ?

Shuddy

Silver Member
Because there aren't millions of them for the millions of players ?
Do you have a Searing? If so, you’re confident that upon letting me try your cue, I would agree that yes, this is actually the best playing cue I’ve ever used? The hit, the balance, the power transfer, the work it generates, everything is in fact better than anything I’ve ever used before. You’re standing by this?

Also, if there was such a thing as “the best playing cue”, you wouldn’t need millions of them to establish this. You’d only need to see every person who makes a living out of being the best they possibly can at pool doing everything they possibly can to get one of those cues as their playing cue. I don’t have a lot of knowledge in this area, but do you know any “pros” that use a Searing?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Do you have a Searing? If so, you’re confident that upon letting me try your cue, I would agree that yes, this is actually the best playing cue I’ve ever used? The hit, the balance, the power transfer, the work it generates, everything is in fact better than anything I’ve ever used before. You’re standing by this?

Also, if there was such a thing as “the best playing cue”, you wouldn’t need millions of them to establish this. You’d only need to see every person who makes a living out of being the best they possibly can at pool doing everything they possibly can to get one of those cues as their playing cue. I don’t have a lot of knowledge in this area, but do you know any “pros” that use a Searing?
The cue has nothing to prove to you.
If the people who own or covet S cues, because they think it is the best hitting cue they can own, they don't need to prove it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there was one cue that everyone agreed played the best, there would be a giant factory making an exact duplicate of THAT cue and taking over the entire market.

Shuddy

Silver Member
The cue has nothing to prove to you.
If the people who own or covet S cues, because they think it is the best hitting cue they can own, they don't need to prove it.

Oh sure, I agree with that. Sorry, i thought you were telling me that S cues do in fact play better than any other cue, as some people earlier in the thread stated without qualification.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
If there was one cue that everyone agreed played the best, there would be a giant factory making an exact duplicate of THAT cue and taking over the entire market.
Well, there would be tons of.Scruggs sneaky Pete coming from China.
There aren't any because they can't replicate it.

They have SW clones from China. How come they don't hit anywhere close to SW ?

They can bandsaw or X-RAY any cue they want to replicate.

Shuddy

Silver Member

They don’t bother replicating them because not that many people actually think they “play the best”. In modern pool, why bother replicating an old maple shaft that squirts like an AV actress? Even snooker is progressing towards LD, with titanium ferrules, etc.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
They don’t bother replicating them because not that many people actually think they “play the best”. In modern pool, why bother replicating an old maple shaft that squirts like an AV actress? Even snooker is progressing towards LD, with titanium ferrules, etc.
So those great Taiwan pros who play with squirty maple with 1"ferrules must be clueless.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They do it on the cheap.

Every one that I have seen has been a lookalike instead of a cue with the exact dimensions and the same quality of materials.

To me, my Jackpot plays better than any SW I have ever tried.

Other than the Chinese, who do you see proclaiming that SW cues are the best?

The Chinese are mesmerized by “names” and status symbol items. If you handed a Chinese dude a fake SW and he didn’t have a real one to compare it against, he would proclaim it was the best cue in the world just on name only.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So those great Taiwan pros who play with squirty maple with 1"ferrules must be clueless.

They learned to play pool and not worry about BS, like LD, etc. and didn’t switch cues and crap every other week trying to stay up with the market.

It wasn’t the cue that made them great.

It was the determination, training, and work ethic.

If you think SW cues are the greatest in the world and are a cue maker, are you saying that you can’t duplicate one?

If not, why not?

Shuddy

Silver Member
Names are everything in China. Simin Cheng has been using a SW forever. That’s what she knows, and that’s what she’s spent thousands of hours practicing with.

If she did the same with a Meucci she’d play just as well. But no one in China/Taiwan wants a Meucci.

EDIT: I also wasn’t suggesting that LD is better than not. As in my first post, it’s all personal preference and what you know. But in modern pool, LD is generally considered desirable.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
They learned to play pool and not worry about BS, like LD, etc. and didn’t switch cues and crap every other week trying to stay up with the market.

It wasn’t the cue that made them great.

It was the determination, training, and work ethic.

If you think SW cues are the greatest in the world and are a cue maker, are you saying that you can’t duplicate one?

If not, why not?
I'm saying they are not going to all troubles to duplicate SW hit.
That would mean they'd have to have the same taper, materials and construction.
I didn't say they are the greatest, but we do know people pay thousands for them and swear by them.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Names are everything in China. Simin Cheng has been using a SW forever. That’s what she knows, and that’s what she’s spent thousands of hours practicing with.

If she did the same with a Meucci she’d play just as well. But no one in China/Taiwan wants a Meucci.

EDIT: I also wasn’t suggesting that LD is better than not. As in my first post, it’s all personal preference and what you know. But in modern pool, LD is generally considered desirable.
She'd be lost if she used Meucci.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I lived in Taiwan and have relatives there and go there every so often.

I know how they think.

Status is everything over there to the majority of them.

Having a SW shows “wealth”.

It has nothing to do with it being the actual best product.

One, or more, of the first pros there became a world champion using a SW and they all want to emulate them by having the same brand cue.

Shuddy

Silver Member
I'm saying they are not going to all troubles to duplicate SW hit.
That would mean they'd have to have the same taper, materials and construction.
I didn't say they are the greatest, but we do know people pay thousands for them and swear by them.

I feel like we’re talking about two different things. I’m suggesting that anyone waiting 20 years for a cue because they believe it “plays the best” is kidding themselves. No cue plays the best. You’ve said as much with your comments about people having the right to have the ‘opinion’ that a searing hits the best of anything they’ve tried. That’s fine. However, I think if they actually need a cue and want to play better pool, they’d be better off getting a reputable, easily accessible brand and spending the next 20 years working their butts off, because there’s nothing a Searing cue can do that a Mezz, Predator, Meucci, McDermott, Perri can’t do.

I think you’re saying, who am I to question someone’s opinion that X cue plays the best? You’re right. Everyone has a subjective perspective on what feels right to them. 100%. But if they actually believe a cue “plays better than any other cue”, they’re wrong.

Shuddy

Silver Member
She'd be lost if she used Meucci.
Now she would be, but if she started playing with a Meucci, she’d be just as good.

EDIT: Really, she wouldn’t be lost after about 15 minutes with a different cue. She’d still wreck 99% of players out there.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member