Aramith cue ball differences

NJ1181

I’m looking to purchase an Aramith cue ball to match the weight and size of the ones I shoot with at league. We always play on Diamond bar box coin tables.
The Aramith site shows many different cue balls and different sizes and weights and I’m stumped

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m looking to purchase an Aramith cue ball to match the weight and size of the ones I shoot with at league. We always play on Diamond bar box coin tables.
The Aramith site shows many different cue balls and different sizes and weights and I’m stumped

You would need to specify what set you use in league to know what ball will match it. Many places that use Diamond tables use Cyclop balls not Aramith. You can get any of them past the cheapest ones and be fine with it. The Diamond tables don't use any special for a cueball thank god so none of that too large or oddly weighted balls. Although I am not 100% sure if ALL the tables use a sensor to look at the ball or if some use a magnet. However Armamith does make magnetic balls as well.

289FIA

Which balls are they using? If they are using the Aramith Super Pro you need to buy that replacement cue ball .. it has the RED A (aramith logo) on it. That cue ball is made with the same resin as the Aramith Measles ball and the same resin as the Brunswick Centennial balls. So you need to confirm which set of balls the pool parlor is using .. they should know. Then it is easy to match.

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just look at the 2 1/4” cue balls they will be all the same

They make cue balls for a lot of different games

But for pool in the USA all are played with 2 1:4” balls

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is like saying all cues and cases are the same and we all know better then that.

289FIA

Aramith makes cue balls with different resins so you really want to find out WHAT set you are trying to match .. to get a cue ball made from the same material. The Aramith Premier, Super Pro and new Duramith Tournament are each made with a distinct formula of the phenolic resin .. and they each have distinct characteristics.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How the cue ball is cared for is going to make far more difference in how it plays than the minor differences between good quality phenolic balls. For a real good time, get to league early and slip in a cue ball that's the same brand that's on the table but new and polished and waxed. Or just polish the one that's on the table.

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is like saying all cues and cases are the same and we all know better then that.

Really. The OP was just asking because of the size differences. I did not say anything about them being the same I just said to choose from the 2 1/4” balls and forget the rest..... man just jump on a guy for being helpful and understanding what the OP was asking....

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really. The OP was just asking because of the size differences. I did not say anything about them being the same I just said to choose from the 2 1/4” balls and forget the rest..... man just jump on a guy for being helpful and understanding what the OP was asking....
The op was obviously looking for help your cavalier, Don't worry about it, struck me as funny coming from someone who owns and sells top notch items😉
If this is the worst "jumping on" you experience on these forums you are a lucky man.

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your correct..... I usually keep my comments to myself ....I’ll just sit here and shake my head at some of the stuff I read here...laughing at myself right now

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our newer red circles cue balls all fall in the 165 - 170 gram range, very similar to the other Aramith premium quality cue balls.
I weighed about six at the hall and they were all about 4-6gm's lighter. These are older balls btw.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I weighed about six at the hall and they were all about 4-6gm's lighter. These are older balls btw.
Agreed, but the red circle CB's would NEVER EVER be 10-12 grams different...even if you played with them for 50 years!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I weighed six or seven red circle balls at Buffalo’s. Only one was 168g, one was 156g. The Centenial balls I weighed were also lite and a bunch of them were much smaller and could not be properly racked. Balls need to be changed out periodically. I actually bought a ball go-no go gage.