Archer's Place, Marietta Ga...??

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what Oscar thinks of the cool, fancy stuff they went and got 😉
Oscar probably wants to sell them Predator tables from his new Golden State Billiard Supply business.

Does anyone know if Oscar will be exclusively Predator, or will he sell other brands such as Diamond and Brunswick?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top is copied from another thread:

It’s a nice spot. Lots of work to be done still, kitchen opens on the 28th. Hell of a kitchen to say the least. The brands of kitchen equipment are top notch-I know a fair bit about commercial kitchens.

The tables are all new Bwicks 6 7’ and 2 GC6’s that are very nice. Bar is up and going. First week in biz has been solid-considering zero sign, almost no marketing etc. they are really going to do well fast. As they are starting out strong for a soft opening-that’s real biz, not the result of a ad spend creating a quick rush.

The people I saw in there will 90% come back. It’s organic traffic. The area needs a joint like that. It’s not a “pool room” or just a sports bar. It’s a hybrid and that’s what it takes to deliver pool to people now.

There’s lots of room for more tables and they will be added in time-they ain’t cheap.

Zero doubt about the future of this room, it’s here to stay.

Not copied:

There’s lots of loose ends. About ½ the TV’s are up, there’s plenty to go and watch what ever now, there’s plenty of seating for just hanging out.

The bar is great, I’m not a bar guy but it’s a cool bar and has been busy. Their worst day this week was still a great number considering there isn’t any thing but a banner over the front door.

Cautious optimism is usually my first opinion on a biz, but based on what I saw and the numbers. They ran a 3 pack after winning the flip race to 11. A comfortable lead, but still have some wood to chop.

The GC6’s the way they are set up are like TV tables-miles of room around them, not noisy. Perfect conditions for action or practice for hardcore players. You can tell it was set up for players by players. The bar table side is the same. It’s small now but lends itself perfectly to that clientele.

The space isn’t used efficiently as it could be, but I look at things with California rents and we can’t afford to waste a inch. Here in Georgia they are using the space efficient enough and that creates a comfortable place to be.

Sound system is done correctly too, louder in some places than others. So when you at the bar it’s just right, and when playing not so loud you can’t hear the balls. Again for players by players.

The pluses out weigh the minuses 5 to 1, I’m not sure how to express that. But there’s much more right than wrong and what’s wrong is minor and subject to be corrected. That’s why the soft opening with good numbers is so nice.

Johnny & Rodney are 100% on top of what they are doing and ain’t going to get distracted by tourneys. Not my biz to really discuss that, but obviously they know their age and where their bread is buttered. That’s all I’ll say about that. Anyone who can’t figure this out-sorry.

Their future is bright. If I thought otherwise there wouldn’t be this post. I’m a biz man, I’ve been around rooms since 85, seen the math. Numbers of many rooms. They are just fine.

There’s also lots of nice spots to stay around here too, but don’t come expecting a old school 20 9’ table 3 7’ table room

“This is not Ames mister” it’s Johnny & Rodney

Best,
Fatboy***

***To be clear upfront I have 0% if this room, I didn’t want any biz between me and JA or Rodney, they are my friends. To me and them that’s more important. A pure friendship. Sure we all speak about biz, but I do that because I want to. Not to benefit myself.

Fatboy Approved

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top is copied from another thread:

It’s a nice spot. Lots of work to be done still, kitchen opens on the 28th. Hell of a kitchen to say the least. The brands of kitchen equipment are top notch-I know a fair bit about commercial kitchens.

The tables are all new Bwicks 6 7’ and 2 GC6’s that are very nice. Bar is up and going. First week in biz has been solid-considering zero sign, almost no marketing etc. they are really going to do well fast. As they are starting out strong for a soft opening-that’s real biz, not the result of a ad spend creating a quick rush.

The people I saw in there will 90% come back. It’s organic traffic. The area needs a joint like that. It’s not a “pool room” or just a sports bar. It’s a hybrid and that’s what it takes to deliver pool to people now.

There’s lots of room for more tables and they will be added in time-they ain’t cheap.

Zero doubt about the future of this room, it’s here to stay.

Not copied:

There’s lots of loose ends. About ½ the TV’s are up, there’s plenty to go and watch what ever now, there’s plenty of seating for just hanging out.

The bar is great, I’m not a bar guy but it’s a cool bar and has been busy. Their worst day this week was still a great number considering there isn’t any thing but a banner over the front door.

Cautious optimism is usually my first opinion on a biz, but based on what I saw and the numbers. They ran a 3 pack after winning the flip race to 11. A comfortable lead, but still have some wood to chop.

The GC6’s the way they are set up are like TV tables-miles of room around them, not noisy. Perfect conditions for action or practice for hardcore players. You can tell it was set up for players by players. The bar table side is the same. It’s small now but lends itself perfectly to that clientele.

The space isn’t used efficiently as it could be, but I look at things with California rents and we can’t afford to waste a inch. Here in Georgia they are using the space efficient enough and that creates a comfortable place to be.

Sound system is done correctly too, louder in some places than others. So when you at the bar it’s just right, and when playing not so loud you can’t hear the balls. Again for players by players.

The pluses out weigh the minuses 5 to 1, I’m not sure how to express that. But there’s much more right than wrong and what’s wrong is minor and subject to be corrected. That’s why the soft opening with good numbers is so nice.

Johnny & Rodney are 100% on top of what they are doing and ain’t going to get distracted by tourneys. Not my biz to really discuss that, but obviously they know their age and where their bread is buttered. That’s all I’ll say about that. Anyone who can’t figure this out-sorry.

Their future is bright. If I thought otherwise there wouldn’t be this post. I’m a biz man, I’ve been around rooms since 85, seen the math. Numbers of many rooms. They are just fine.

There’s also lots of nice spots to stay around here too, but don’t come expecting a old school 20 9’ table 3 7’ table room

“This is not Ames mister” it’s Johnny & Rodney

Best,
Fatboy***

***To be clear upfront I have 0% if this room, I didn’t want any biz between me and JA or Rodney, they are my friends. To me and them that’s more important. A pure friendship. Sure we all speak about biz, but I do that because I want to. Not to benefit myself.

Fatboy Approved
This post is Dead Money Approved.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i would listen to what people that are business people or who have run them before any well wishers who dont have a pot to piss in say.

one reason good business people make it is they look at all the negative things first and take care of that before they commit.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple answer to a long question. You still can be successful in owning and operating a poolroom or sports bar if you know what you're doing. Being a good player is not a prerequisite.

I have a vision of a billiards super store, kind of like Bass Pro Shops for outdoors types. It would be both a first class poolroom and a billiard supply. There could be separate areas for pool tables, cues, and even cue repairs. You could offer a full range of equipment from starter level gear to high end merchandise. Of course, an eating area and bar would be on the playing side. I'm probably talking a 500K investment to build it out but you would have something sustainable that could turn a healthy profit if run right. Just an idea, that's all.
Loooooooooooook ,,,,,, Let’s show support, I’ll be there by Tuesday and playing all strangers! Old school baby let’s do things like we did in the 80s 90s

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would listen to what people that are business people or who have run them before any well wishers who dont have a pot to piss in say.

one reason good business people make it is they look at all the negative things first and take care of that before they commit.
Are you getting out of the house ? Or staying in all nice and cozy

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
BACK IN THE DAY the late 80ties . our small town and like 5 pool halls ,friend owned one . pool got really popular , people cruised the strip
then go play pool . hell even the local bait and tackle shop had like 5 tables in back . i was going to our community college , we had game room 4 tables , video games. when i graduated a year i went back to seel some friends , all table gone , now it was computer lab, the room with all the softchairs to hang out with mtv gone . table and chairs . 35,000 people lived here , ended up now last so many years people have pool night at their house , i bought 9 foot table right after that my dad died ,we farmed and very close , i just quit everthing . but to play public now you gotta drive hour to play in a hall . now im the stake horse for my 5 year grandkid . who will getting a szamboti soon .

i started out with a m1 mcdermott 🤬🤬🤬🤬
I started out with a mcdermott Ei-5... Airbrushed black panthers...

Jaden

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s busy right now-bar in pic below is 80% packed. (Friday 1am, not a week in biz):

No kitchen
No sign
No pinball

This is Archers mister……

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D682EE37-6441-483E-B657-003E12303FFC.jpeg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m too dumb to resize anything but that’s the best pic anyways. I got to zzz, plane to catch.

They will be fine, way busier than expected. No lowlife people, good balance of people from all ages, walks of life, great energy, great vibe.

That’s a bit of luck, I’ve mentioned “created luck” in other posts. It’s that and regular luck. Lots of planning and sure feels good to see it happen. Rodney of course happy too. The honeymoon will end, but when it does. It will be full blast running well. The chemistry of the principals is solid, that trickles down to the staff(all are great that I met) and to the customers. It’s just working. Best thing I’ve seen in pool in a long time.

There’s room for more tables and in time they will be there.

I’m going to bed

Fatboy Approved

Best
Fatboy

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I’m too dumb to resize anything but that’s the best pic anyways. I got to zzz, plane to catch.

They will be fine, way busier than expected. No lowlife people, good balance of people from all ages, walks of life, great energy, great vibe.

That’s a bit of luck, I’ve mentioned “created luck” in other posts. It’s that and regular luck. Lots of planning and sure feels good to see it happen. Rodney of course happy too. The honeymoon will end, but when it does. It will be full blast running well. The chemistry of the principals is solid, that trickles down to the staff(all are great that I met) and to the customers. It’s just working. Best thing I’ve seen in pool in a long time.

There’s room for more tables and in time they will be there.

I’m going to bed

Fatboy Approved

Best
Fatboy
I talked with Rodney about the new room, I need to stop by and See him an Johnny! Interestingly BRIGHT things coming up!!
Looking forward to meeting you and Jay!

TFT

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I always say “don’t tell me I have a nice car, I know I do”. What I want to hear is the bad news “somethings broken”. Now I have something I can fix. Good news takes care of itself, bad news is a chance to pick up some ground and problem solve.

That in a nutshell is how to be a biz man, forget the “feel-goods” give me the hard news.

Not everyone has the stones to bring the bad news and others can’t take it. Too bad for them.

Best
Fatboy <———fixing one problem at a time

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always say “don’t tell me I have a nice car, I know I do”. What I want to hear is the bad news “somethings broken”. Now I have something I can fix. Good news takes care of itself, bad news is a chance to pick up some ground and problem solve.

That in a nutshell is how to be a biz man, forget the “feel-goods” give me the hard news.

Not everyone has the stones to bring the bad news and others can’t take it. Too bad for them.

Best
Fatboy <———fixing one problem at a time
That (in the red-fonted text) was always the Jeff Bezos (Amazon) -- a pretty estimable biz-man himself we'd agree -- philosophy.

Sadly, for the "bad news" bearer it was generally followed by the prompt, impetuous dismissal of the clueless news-bearer. Sort of a ritual "shooting of the messenger" leadership culture-purification (or witness removal).

Arnaldo ~ Pool history aficionado for decades _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the update on the biz?
AFAIK its still open but based on Google reviews(way too many one star reviews. not good) its kind of a crapshoot depending on who's running it that day/night. I only know one person that's actually been in and he said its nice with good equipment but run by a bunch of morons. Said the mgr on duty was drinking and staff wasn't real helpful. No clue if/when JA even goes in the place.