Arizona pool player thread

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I'm not exactly sure, but I think the Greens Fee is $10 per player.

It's small table action.

It's pretty low entry fee, but with all the sidepots the pot will get pretty huge. Probably looking at a $2000+ first place pot which is pretty nice for an 8 & Under.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

It's small table action.

It's pretty low entry fee, but with all the sidepots the pot will get pretty huge. Probably looking at a $2000+ first place pot which is pretty nice for an 8 & Under.

That sounds fair enough, I will have to play in this and try not to go 2 and out. :embarrassed2:

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member

It's small table action.

Damn, gonna have to rethink my self imposed ban on bar table tournys for this one....

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Damn, gonna have to rethink my self imposed ban on bar table tournys for this one....

ha ha, I haven't banned myself from any tables or tournaments, but I did Retire from playing on any Valley Tables. Just not worth my time!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
jan_special_tournament.gif

Skip & Jan's

Who is adding the $1,000.00? Sponsors should be recognized IMHO.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
ha ha, I haven't banned myself from any tables or tournaments, but I did Retire from playing on any Valley Tables. Just not worth my time!

I feel ya there. Not much fun when you run racks and get beat by donkeys swinging at the 9 like prince fielder on a fastball lol.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what kind of tables Metro has? How is the turnout for their tourneys with having one every night? Any one night better then others? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Anybody know what kind of tables Metro has? How is the turnout for their tourneys with having one every night? Any one night better then others? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Metro has valley bar tables on one side and I think brunswick P.O.S.'s on the other lol. Turnouts are pretty good. The saturday tourny and wednesday are my favorites Sat usually has 24+ every time I go down there and wed usually get 12-24.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Metro has valley bar tables on one side and I think brunswick P.O.S.'s on the other lol. Turnouts are pretty good. The saturday tourny and wednesday are my favorites Sat usually has 24+ every time I go down there and wed usually get 12-24.

Ok cool thanks for the info. I was hoping for Daimonds but Valleys will do. Do you know how they will determine my rating? I've never played in a tournament in AZ before.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Ok cool thanks for the info. I was hoping for Daimonds but Valleys will do. Do you know how they will determine my rating? I've never played in a tournament in AZ before.

Azpoolscene.com has a chart on how to guess where you will be rated. Up to T.D. before the tourny though. If you show up right before the tourny they will make you play at the highest rating. I think jaz does it at metro or go down the street to stingers (where they have diamonds) and see Jimmy Brewer on tuesdays. He will be the tallest guy there lol. Pretty much where ever you want to play you can get a rating.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You just won at Kitty's and suddenly you're a diamond table snob?(DTS)
WTF! Man, you gotta take it where you can get it. Donkeys have feelings too. ( and$)

Last edited:

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree Ray! 14.1 is a great game and is under appreciated in most of the pool circles. Where would mosconi be without the "526"? He would still be legendary no doubts, but that run he put in the record books made him a pool god. I would also like to see the dct add a banks tourny to the list. Or just get one going. It gets less respect than 14.1 here LOL.

He did it on an 8-footer with buckets. Michael Eufemia unofficially ran 625
on a 9-footer but nobody was there for the full run thus could not be verified. Who would want to watch somebody run 500 hundred balls any way.
Borrring.:boring:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
on a 9-footer but nobody was there for the full run thus could not be verified. Who would want to watch somebody run 500 hundred balls any way.

Mike used a Le Pro tip too. :thumbup:

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
You just won at Kitty's and suddenly you're a diamond table snob?(DTS)
WTF! Man, you gotta take it where you can get it. Donkeys have feelings too. ( and$)

That is stuckart who is the DTS. I just agreed with him that sloppy play is hard to fade on valleys. My ban is only for singles tournys and it includes the baby diamonds. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit george you know im down to play some scotch with ya anywhere anytime!!

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member

Isnt there an east coast guy that claims to ran some crazy number like 800 or something? Prolly same guy lol. I could watch it, then again I sat through the entire race to 120 between earl and efren, 1 SITTING. I am sick like that.

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is another place to play that is fairly recently opened...

The Cactus Moon at the Riverview complex. They have about 13 8' tables (Anthony/Brunswick mix) and 2 Gold Crown 9'ers I believe.

The owner is BIG into wanting to get tournaments, leagues, events going.

http://www.cactusmoonmesa.com/index.php/home

Its a good locale for Mesa/Tempe, and corresponding East Valley areas.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
I feel ya there. Not much fun when you run racks and get beat by donkeys swinging at the 9 like prince fielder on a fastball lol.

That's only a small part of the problem. The bigger parts are that no two valley tables play the same, they have horrible rails, you can hit the 2nd diamond and it still goes, etc. etc. Nothing worse than playing for shape and the cue ball goes "THUNK" into the rail and comes no where near the spot it's supposed to.

Great Playing Valley's that all play the same would be awesome, but unfortunately most are in heavy beer drinking bars with drunks and slobs setting drinks on them and spilling all over them. ugh.....