ATTENTION: Justis Case Owners

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
ps YOU CAN PLAY POOL WITHOUT A CASE.....BUT TRY PLAYING POOL WITHOUT A CUE....SO TREAT IT THAT WAY...mickey carroll:smile:

Truth there. For years, a player here would show with his cues wrapped in a rolled up piece of denim...fastened with rubber bands. He played damned good, too...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Truth there. For years, a player here would show with his cues wrapped in a rolled up piece of denim...fastened with rubber bands. He played damned good, too...

Them rubber band cases are the true nuts. The ultimate way to keep everything secure and unmoving is the Rubber Band case.

And it's great in it's basic form, just two good rubber bands, stores in your pocket when not in use and if one happens to break replacements are easily available and installed.

Upgrades are easy using any sort of cloth, old towels, jackets, denim, etc...

and then to go a step further stick it in a tube, a plumbing tube from Home Depot, or a drafting tube from the art store.

Nothing beats the Rubber Band case. :)

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
pvc

there is a guy in houston that plays with a one piece snooker cue...he a carrys it around i a 6foot long piece of pvc tube around 3in wide.......looks funny but i guess it works...everytime i see it i chuckle but then the guy starts to shoot and he plays pretty sporty.....:eek:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I still think the pin bending is a stretch. Like I said I have a Justis (tube) and it has been dropped and I have my break cue that has never suffered any issues from the fall. (not joint capped)

Now could Jacks cases be improved, probably. I love my Justis, but could the snap inadvertently open, yes from someone brushing against the side of it, I think I have had the snap unsnap on one or two occasions. But never in a critical situation that could cause damage. In other words I have always caught it. The other side is, the case is never pointed down, so I don't know, or I can't say, that I would have ever had a cue damaged anyways. I am sure there are some people that might be aloof and not pay attention to their equipment.

Would it make sense for Jack to put a pad over the wood bottom? Sounds like something he might want to look into with all the old schoolers going to bumperless cues. Remember this is a recent trend, so he might need to catch up.

IMHO it's still the nicest case in that class of cases available today. There is nothing I see wrong with a Justis under everyday normal usage that would concern me.

JV

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you want to Protect your Cue be it in a Justis or??? Think these
jt-capset.jpg

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes

JB sounds more and more like a frustrated bitter man who likes to type. This is the image portrait in this thread. Just think about it.

U hit the nail on the head. This JB dude is one bitter balled old man. But think about it, if you spent your life making cue cases for broke, deadbeat pool players for a living, wouldnt you be a little bitter too. From the looks of all this, Mr. Barton obviously needs to go to his local scrub and rub today and release a little pent up frustration.

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
omg!

U hit the nail on the head. This JB dude is one bitter balled old man. But think about it, if you spent your life making cue cases for broke, deadbeat pool players for a living, wouldnt you be a little bitter too. From the looks of all this, Mr. Barton obviously needs to go to his local scrub and rub today and release a little pent up frustration.

well chips once again! enough said! rep to you! well :)played!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Done, 3x. Cost $20. Three different massage therapists. One of the upsides to living in China.

You'd go broke betting on the bitter part and the old part though. If you bet that I was pissed off and willing to fight then you'd have the nuts.

Anyway, I am done with it. I said what I wanted to say on video and the proof is all there for anyone who cares about watching it.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2667047

Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Done, 3x. Cost $20. Three different massage therapists. One of the upsides to living in China.

You'd go broke betting on the bitter part and the old part though. If you bet that I was pissed off and willing to fight then you'd have the nuts.

Anyway, I am done with it. I said what I wanted to say on video and the proof is all there for anyone who cares about watching it.

Very interesting video... Thanks for putting this together, it was highly informative.

Purdman

Banned
Thank you for ending it John. Now you both can use your energy to do something positive. That is my hope. You do what you do very well and Jack does what he does very well. Everybody can not afford to pay $66 to $1000 for a case. You have done a wonderful job of filling that void. For that I thank you. My first case was a 3x6 Instroke Buffalo.
Don P.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
This is what Jack had to say about my cases yesterday in a for sale thread about our cases,

"Yes, John, and doing so voids our very generous lifetime warranty that comes with every Justis case. I don't think any of our more knowledgeable customers would want to take a chance of losing this and damaging the finish on their cues from excess friction caused by your undersized interiors.
How about showing the reason why I responded in the manner in which I did. Not that anyone really gives a crap, here it the real story. Your the one that hijacked the For Sale thread. I wouldn not have said a word had you not made the statement below. If you think that I would endorse your interior in my case your crazier than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases

Yes. I have decided to start making and selling new interiors for Justis cases.

In the next shipment I will send over about 10-20 interiors for the Justis cases, mostly 2x4 and some 3x6. I have to send them by slow boat otherwise they are too much in shipping.

To me it's no different than changing your tires or rims. Jack makes it easy for people to switch the interiors, I can get the exact same sized tubes from Jiasen.

The only thing is that the case will have a tag inside that says "Interior by JB Cases". So if you can live with that then you're golden.

P.S. If you want the tubes then you will need to special order that. I have a Justis 2x4 so I can see if we can make a tube interior to fit it. I am specifically offering as standard the UltraPad interiors that we make for the J.Flowers cases.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This is what Jack had to say about my cases yesterday in a for sale thread about our cases,

"Yes, John, and doing so voids our very generous lifetime warranty that comes with every Justis case. I don't think any of our more knowledgeable customers would want to take a chance of losing this and damaging the finish on their cues from excess friction caused by your undersized interiors.
How about showing the reason why I responded in the manner in which I did. Not that anyone really gives a crap, here it the real story. Your the one that hijacked the For Sale thread. I wouldn not have said a word had you not made the statement below. If you think that I would endorse your interior in my case your crazier than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases

Yes. I have decided to start making and selling new interiors for Justis cases.

In the next shipment I will send over about 10-20 interiors for the Justis cases, mostly 2x4 and some 3x6. I have to send them by slow boat otherwise they are too much in shipping.

To me it's no different than changing your tires or rims. Jack makes it easy for people to switch the interiors, I can get the exact same sized tubes from Jiasen.

The only thing is that the case will have a tag inside that says "Interior by JB Cases". So if you can live with that then you're golden.

P.S. If you want the tubes then you will need to special order that. I have a Justis 2x4 so I can see if we can make a tube interior to fit it. I am specifically offering as standard the UltraPad interiors that we make for the J.Flowers cases.

Mr. Justis - my only response to this is contained in my video - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2667047

Purdman

Banned

Mr. Justis - my only response to this is contained in my video - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2667047

Dam it John, you lied again. That's it, have a wonderful life good buddy.
Don P.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Dam it John, you lied again. That's it, have a wonderful life good buddy.
Don P.

What are you talking about? I already said in plain english that my ONLY response will be to point to the video.

Don,

You are in business. Mr. Justis and I are of different opinions on how a case should be built. That won't change.

I have stated on here and to Mr. Justis in private that this is the only thing I will address. This has nothing to do with how I feel about Mr. Justis personally or other personal issues between us. Those things are all behind me.

What is left is our respective products and I feel that consumers are entitled to know what the difference of opinon really means. And the only way to do that is to show it.

So I did not lie. I am doing just exactly what I said I would do. I will not attack Mr. Justis' character or his business decisions. My response to any of that on his end is to simply point to a place where the consumer can go to see our respective products being tested and dissected. Unfortunately they are tested and dissected by me instead of a neutral third party but that's just the way it is. If the opportunity comes up to have a neutral third party do the testing and videos then I will be more than happy to let them do it.

Peace.

John Barton