AZ Billiards Million Dollar 9 Ball Shootout Stakehorses!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I was thinking this morning that it would be a cool idea for us to get say 52 people at $100 a spot to sponsor a player for this great event.I would like to see if there is any interest and then we can get it rolling.You can buy more then one spot and then we have to vote on a horse among the 52 investors.I know there will be some good poolplayers who would be attracted to this and will say sign me up and we can vote on one to send to the tournament to make a score.Do I just need sleep as I have been up all night or do you think this is a good idea? :)
 
Its alittle too late for this so its not going to happen,the event is in like a week,maybe next year,off to bed,I knew I needed some sleep,lol. :o
 
You idea has merit, now you have to find the people with Big Money, Purdman did a sponsorship for a person to go to the U.S. Open once. Talk with him about how he twisted, arms for GREEN.:confused:
 
I think it is a great idea, but I don't think we can pull it off for this year, being that the tournament is next week.

However, for next year, I think this is doable.

I think the recipient must be a "regular" poster on AzBilliards forum, not a part-timer.

We could have a vote on who gets in.

I think $100 is a bit high. I would open it up to starting at $5 on up to $100.

We also could have a raffle. Each $5 donation gets a ticket in the raffle. Maybe we could get a custom-made cue or a beautiful cue case as the prize. We also could have second and third place prizes too.

Some "regulars" I would nominate to be the recipients of this fine award would be:

JimmyM (Jimmy Mendoza)
MexPoolPlayer (Oscar Dominguez)
Rackumskr (Linda Carter)
Blackjack (David Sapolis)
Blackballed (Walter Kochs)
TheOne (Craig Riley)
Nine Ball (Josh from Florida)
Fatboy (Eric from Vegas)
Jay Helfert (Jay Helfert)
JoeyA (Gingerbread Man)
Satman (Guy from Indiana whose name escapes me)
SUPERSTAR (Player from Philly area who's got game)

Feel free to add some more names. These are just a few I can think of at the time of this writing. I feel very strongly that it should be a REGULAR poster of the forum and not a part-time poster.

JAM
 
Last edited:
JAM said:
I think it is a great idea, but I don't think we can pull it off for this year, being that the tournament is next week.

However, for next year, I think this is doable.

I think the recipient must be a "regular" poster on AzBilliards forum, not a part-timer.

We could have a vote on who gets in.

I think $100 is a bit high. I would open it up to starting at $5 on up to $100.

We also could have a raffle. Each $5 donation gets a ticket in the raffle. Maybe we could get a custom-made cue or a beautiful cue case as the prize. We also could have second and third place prizes too.

Some "regulars" I would nominate to be the recipients of this fine award would be:

JimmyM (Jimmy Mendosa)
MexPoolPlayer (Oscar Dominguez)
Rackumskr (Linda Carter)
Blackjack (David Sapolis)
Blackballed (Walter Kochs)
TheOne (Craig Riley)
Nine Ball (Josh from Florida)
Satman (Guy from Indiana whose name escapes me)
SUPERSTAR (Player from Philly area who's got game)

Feel free to add some more names. These are just a few I can think of at the time of this writing. I feel very strongly that it should be a REGULAR poster of the forum and not a part-time poster.

JAM
You forgot Keith,he post and depending on what you think regular is he qualifies. :grin:
 
I think perhaps next year its doable,to be honest I bet alot of the guys who like the raffles on here would jump on this at a $100 a pop for sure and we could have the money in a week but it would be a headache,lol.We could attract a few solid pros attention and vote on one and send them there with AZBilliards on their back representing. :wink:
 
Fast Lenny said:
You forgot Keith,he post and depending on what you think regular is he qualifies. :grin:

Naw, I didn't forget Keith. He's just not what I would consider as a "regular" member to AzBilliards forum.

JAM
 
JAM said:
Naw, I didn't forget Keith. He's just not what I would consider as a "regular" member to AzBilliards forum.

JAM
Hey Jennie is he going to get into action on TAR,would love to see him play for the cash against Matlock or Billy. :smile:
 
Fast Lenny said:
Hey Jennie is he going to get into action on TAR,would love to see him play for the cash against Matlock or Billy. :smile:

You know, Keith wants to play Billy Incardona on TAR, mainly because he thinks the DVD would become a classic. Both players are good friends and can play one-pocket well. Billy is in the One-Pocket Hall of Fame.

When Billy propositioned Keith, he did so because he wants to get Keith off the proverbial bench, so to speak, being that Keith hasn't played pool since September 2006. Billy likes Keith and wants the two of them to engage in a shoot-off on TAR, thinking it will be fun for both of them.

Billy has no problem coming up with 10 dimes. Keith, on the other hand, doesn't have 10 dimes laying around collecting dust. He is currently in negotiations with two well-known stakehorses who have expressed an interest in backing Keith against Billy. One of them is not certain he likes the location and timing near the Open, though. These types of logistics have to be worked out before it's a go for Keith.

One thing for sure, Keith and I both are very appreciative that TAR has agreed to do everything within their power to make this happen. There's a lot of things that must happen behind the scenes for things like this to become a reality.

I did read on this forum that Billy might be playing Buddy Hall down the road. This would be a very cool match-up, two veterans who can move the ball pretty doggone good on a field of green. ;)

JAM
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
You idea has merit, now you have to find the people with Big Money, Purdman did a sponsorship for a person to go to the U.S. Open once. Talk with him about how he twisted, arms for GREEN.:confused:

Big money....100 dollars is big money?

Oh....nevermind!! I forgot who I was talking to.

The copper wire inventor, himself.

This guy wouldn't spend 100 dollars in V Bucks, much less real GREEN.

CooCoo...maybe you could round up an extra hundred by winning 400 games at you're normal bet of 25 cents a game. That would be an easy 100 for you...

If you go way out on the limb, and bet 50 cents a game, you'd only have to win 200 games!!! But, that's kind of risky...
 
Last edited:
Rick S. said:
Big money....100 dollars is big money?

Oh....nevermind!! I forgot who I was talking to.

The copper wire inventor, himself.

This guy wouldn't spend 100 dollars in V Bucks, much less real GREEN.

CooCoo...maybe you could round up an extra hundred by winning 4,000 games at you're normal bet of 25 cents a game. That would be an easy 100 for you...

If you go way out on the limb, and bet 50 cents a game, you'd only have to win 2,000 games!!! But, that's kind of risky...
Your post has merit and is an accurate assessment of the CooCooCowboy but.........your math is a little off.:)

D<-- riffmatic police
 
Ktown D said:
Your post has merit and is an accurate assessment of the CooCooCowboy but.........your math is a little off.:)

D<-- riffmatic police


Your exactly right...ooops. It's a little early out here!!

The extra 0 looked good anyway. Still, he has the same chance at both. NONE
 
Rick S. said:
Big money....100 dollars is big money?

Oh....nevermind!! I forgot who I was talking to.

The copper wire inventor, himself.

This guy wouldn't spend 100 dollars in V Bucks, much less real GREEN.

CooCoo...maybe you could round up an extra hundred by winning 400 games at you're normal bet of 25 cents a game. That would be an easy 100 for you...

If you go way out on the limb, and bet 50 cents a game, you'd only have to win 200 games!!! But, that's kind of risky...






















RickS you are not my boss, employer, keeper, etc. So please don't tell he how to live my life unless you are paying my bill for me.

Yes RickS $100.00 is a lot of money to many, and you only need to travel south of the border to Nogalas or look around the Slums of South Tucson to see that fact.
 
Back
Top