AZB now owns accu stats

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I am working on getting this year's Derby up there right now. After that is last year's International. I don't see any reason that we can't get the Treasure Tuesday premiers that Pat has done up on Vimeo though. I will look into this.
Congrats on the purchase. I’d love to see the Vimeo service continue. The last communication I had (prior to the sale) was they were going with another platform. Personally, I prefer to watch matches on my big screen tv, so Vimeo fills that need nicely since the have an AppleTV app. I wasn’t keen on the prospect of having to AirPlay everting to the tv.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never understood AccuStats as an offering to consumers. Is it mostly an archive in escrow? I’ve done the Vimeo thing. I’ve seen some recent YouTube releases. I’ve ordered a DVD once (to have it go on YouTube within a month of it arriving). But I’m just not understanding comprehensively what the marketplace offering of AccuStats is for me.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I’ve never understood AccuStats as an offering to consumers. Is it mostly an archive in escrow? I’ve done the Vimeo thing. I’ve seen some recent YouTube releases. I’ve ordered a DVD once (to have it go on YouTube within a month of it arriving). But I’m just not understanding comprehensively what the marketplace offering of AccuStats is for me.
It is the history of this sport. It is a time capsule of some of the greatest players that this sport has ever seen. It wasn't so much something I wanted for the monetary value. I wanted it to keep alive that history. As long as Accu-Stats is alive, we can see Efren or Busty or Miz or Buddy, etc, etc, etc.

Mike

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is the history of this sport. It is a time capsule of some of the greatest players that this sport has ever seen. It wasn't so much something I wanted for the monetary value. I wanted it to keep alive that history. As long as Accu-Stats is alive, we can see Efren or Busty or Miz or Buddy, etc, etc, etc.

Mike
I get that a bit. I just never really understood how it was positioned for consumption.

Correct me where I’m off. Vimeo is a subset of it. YouTube shows a subset of it. You can buy any individual match (not event) as a DVD for what feels like a steep price. And beyond all that it’s pretty much tucked away from viewing in a vault for nobody to enjoy.

And if I’m wrong, that’s my point. I don’t understand the consumption model at all.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I get that a bit. I just never really understood how it was positioned for consumption.

Correct me where I’m off. Vimeo is a subset of it. YouTube shows a subset of it. You can buy any individual match (not event) as a DVD for what feels like a steep price. And beyond all that it’s pretty much tucked away from viewing in a vault for nobody to enjoy.

And if I’m wrong, that’s my point. I don’t understand the consumption model at all.
At the moment, that is a pretty good description. Vimeo has some of the content and YouTube has some of the content. The majority of it is available on DVD, but I don't think it is a steep price. All of the DVDs are $9.95 with no shipping cost.

Accu-Stats has been around for a long time. At one time, all of their product was on video tapes. It took some time to transition to DVDs and then it took some time to transition to YouTube/Vimeo. Pat is great at what he does, but he would be the first one to admit that he was not very good at promotions and he was slow to react to new technology. That is where I hope to be a little different.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the moment, that is a pretty good description. Vimeo has some of the content and YouTube has some of the content. The majority of it is available on DVD, but I don't think it is a steep price. All of the DVDs are $9.95 with no shipping cost.

Accu-Stats has been around for a long time. At one time, all of their product was on video tapes. It took some time to transition to DVDs and then it took some time to transition to YouTube/Vimeo. Pat is great at what he does, but he would be the first one to admit that he was not very good at promotions and he was slow to react to new technology. That is where I hope to be a little different.
This isn't really a complaint, just a wish.

I've been keeping up my Vimeo sub in spite of the fact that there hasn't been any new contact uploaded there for a long time. I keep it up in order to support Accu-Stats, and because the YouTube videos somewhat make up for the lack of Vimeo additions. And I'll continue to subscribe.

But it would be nice to see some more of the older matches on Vimeo that are mostly now currently available only on DVD (some are on YouTube), in addition to the matches from tournaments over the last two years. For awhile it seemed as if new content was being added going backwards in time, but it's been stuck on the 2015 Derby City Classic for well over a year.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well I hope you leave Utube content up, and add more.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
This isn't really a complaint, just a wish.

I've been keeping up my Vimeo sub in spite of the fact that there hasn't been any new contact uploaded there for a long time. I keep it up in order to support Accu-Stats, and because the YouTube videos somewhat make up for the lack of Vimeo additions. And I'll continue to subscribe.

But it would be nice to see some more of the older matches on Vimeo that are mostly now currently available only on DVD (some are on YouTube), in addition to the matches from tournaments over the last two years. For awhile it seemed as if new content was being added going backwards in time, but it's been stuck on the 2015 Derby City Classic for well over a year.
That is correct, on both points. Nothing new has been posted for a little over a year. The 2021 International and 2022 Derby City Classic are both needing to be done. The good news is that Derby is completely "post produced" and will be posted on Vimeo as soon as I get thumbnails done for all of the vids. I hope this will be done by Monday.

You are also correct that content has been being posted on Video going backwards. Roughly 10 years ago, Pat started saving everything to hard drive instead of tapes. It has just been easier technically to convert the older content going backwards through the hard drives. There is roughly 1500 hours of content on tape though, and those have to be digitized before they can be posted. That is going to be a long process, but one that we definitely know needs to be done.

All of this older content is available on DVD, so there are digital files that were used to burn the DVDs, but Pat tells me that "DVD quality" is not the same as current "Vimeo quality".

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will AS still be doing new matches or will it just be an archive service?
Pat will continue to produce the Derby City Classic and International 9-Ball Open. He has teased that with the extra time, he might even be convinced to stream more than just those two. As far as Derby and the International though, nothing will change on the viewers side of things. Pat will still produce them and Accu-Stats will still make them available after the events are over.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat will continue to produce the Derby City Classic and International 9-Ball Open. He has teased that with the extra time, he might even be convinced to stream more than just those two. As far as Derby and the International though, nothing will change on the viewers side of things. Pat will still produce them and Accu-Stats will still make them available after the events are over.
Cool. Thanx.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am working on getting this year's Derby up there right now. After that is last year's International. I don't see any reason that we can't get the Treasure Tuesday premiers that Pat has done up on Vimeo though. I will look into this.

I was thinking or the rest of the old catalog not just the YouTube releases. I did say "some" older matches, but really ideal would be ALL of them LOL

I'm sure many here would pay the subscription to watch pretty much any match at any time.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I was thinking or the rest of the old catalog not just the YouTube releases. I did say "some" older matches, but really ideal would be ALL of them LOL

I'm sure many here would pay the subscription to watch pretty much any match at any time.
That is the long term goal. It will take some time to get all of the tapes digitized into the proper format though.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That content isn't going anywhere. The plan is to continue doing three new premiers each week until we run out of content. That shouldn't happen for at least 10 years. :)

fantastic. i have really appreciated the islands of one pocket and straight pool matches in this ocean of 9-ball.. the year 2000 US open straight pool finals would be on my wish list!