AZBilliards own Bob Romano's Team CHICAGO SDA Wins Open Men's Event

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Congratulations, Bob and Eydie on a great win.

Who is on Bob's team?

Dennis

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well played, Bob. Congratulations to you and your team.

I'll bet having Eydie there to sweat it with you put you and your team over the top.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
Well played, Bob. Congratulations to you and your team.

I'll bet having Eydie there to sweat it with you put you and your team over the top.

Very excellent, indeed, Eydie and Bob! Congratulations! :)

I'll bet Eydie was sweating it big time in the finals, pulling her horse in! Bob and Eydie are definitely some of the good guys!

What a great win, Eydie! You guys must be on Cloud Nine!

JAM

Attachments

• BobandEydieRomanoat2004USOpen.JPG
    BobandEydieRomanoat2004USOpen.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 379
A

a_susie_cue

Way To Go

Bob Romano said:
Bob's Team "Chicago So Don't Ask" wins the Open mens event!

Congratulations Guys!

Eydie

Bob and Eydie,

You must be so excited! What a nice way to end your trip with a big win! Tell Bob Pisut that I am ready for a rematch with the same spot! Will you be in Vegas in August for the APA team nationals? We will be there for 10 days! Hopefully we will have as much luck!

Susie

shayla

BODY - MIND - SOUL
Silver Member
Bob Romano said:
Bob's Team "Chicago So Don't Ask" wins the Open mens event!

Congratulations Guys!

Eydie

Congrats on your win! If I'm not mistaken, you were the team with black shirts that said something like Main Inn on the back? Didn't one of the women's team that played in the finals have the same shirts but just in red? Are you all out of the same pool hall? I was wondering where those women were from exactly other than just the 'chicago area'?

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
More info!

Yes Shayla, they had the black shirts on and the girls had the red ones!

The Main Inn is a small tavern with 3 pool tables in it, in Lemont, IL. It is an award winning bar with many past champions.

This year this is how they finished.

Men's Master Division 2nd Place
Open Men 1st Place
Master Women 2nd Place
Master Scotch Doubles 1st Place

Here's how Bo's team won:
The team came back from the losers side with a loss in the finals in the winners bracket. Then they had to play a team from St. Louis , MO who had Ritchie Cunningham (the winner of the masters singles) and Andy Quinn (The winner of the open singles)where they where down 7-1 and came back to win 13-9.
Then They had to play the Canadian team for 1st place where they BBQ them 13-3 and in the second set they started out down 5-0 and then they went to down 11-6 and came back to win 13 -11 with some amazing outs and some lucky rolls!

In the finals of the men's playoff, the owners daughter Tanya was married to her longtime boyfriend Joe at a close chapel. The wedding party rushed back to see the end and the boys win. In one of the winning pictures you can see Dwayne the owner still clad in his tux shirt!
The players including Bob Romano were Jeff Sergent, Jeff Jones, John Nelson, Vic Johnson, John Nelson!

JAM ~ I was a car wreck! AZBHousepro Mike and his girlfriend Ilona comforted me as I sat backwards in a chair. They narrated the plays to me, I just couldn't watch! :eek: What a week, what a win!

O

onepocketchump

CONGRATS Eydie and Bob - I was, as you know, 'distracted' while I was there. Bob also took our Jamison Neu down earlier in the week by running a four pack in a race to five for 3700 Fury Bucks. Good thing I was backing Bob :))

John

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
That is just frickin' awesome. Nice comebacks....that shows a lot of heart. I've seen some of those Missouri guys play and they're good.

Jeff Livingston