AZ'ers In Action - Photographic Evidence

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Good day fellow az'ers and Happy Fathers Day.

Recently I attended a benefit tourney at Snookers in RI and posted a 'road report' of that event which included a couple of photos of me. That thread can be found here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=323258&highlight=clowery

This had me thinking that I don't know what many of my friends here look like and so even though there may have been something similar posted in the past, it's def long ago enough to where we could use a refresh.

Preferred would be a pic or two showing you in some sort of pool related activity, if not actually playing. Could be shooting, selling pool merchandise at a show, chasing someone who air-barreled you out the door and into the street, whatever. It's all good. :cool:

Show us what you got!

best,
brian kc
 
Good day fellow az'ers and Happy Fathers Day.

Recently I attended a benefit tourney at Snookers in RI and posted a 'road report' of that event which included a couple of photos of me. That thread can be found here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=323258&highlight=clowery

This had me thinking that I don't know what many of my friends here look like and so even though there may have been something similar posted in the past, it's def long ago enough to where we could use a refresh.

Preferred would be a pic or two showing you in some sort of pool related activity, if not actually playing. Could be shooting, selling pool merchandise at a show, chasing someone who air-barreled you out the door and into the street, whatever. It's all good. :cool:

Show us what you got!

best,
brian kc



I think this is from the 2000 US One Pocket Open up in Kalamzoo, my 2nd round opponent.

Lou Figueroa
drew Joyner
for my 3rd round :-)
 

Attachments

  • US Open.jpg
    US Open.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 893
This is photographic evidence of me at a pool tournament. :grin-square:
 

Attachments

  • JAM with camera.JPG
    JAM with camera.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 907
Cuephoric has a few of me from last weekend when I assisted him with some table work. Im sure he will throw a few up when he gets the chance
 
This is me just after successfully retaining my AZ King of NC crown in an all around of 9 ball, 14.1 and 8 ball against Eric, former owner of Shooters Billiards here in Greensboro. :grin-square: A railbird fashioned my tin foil crown, lol.

Thumbs up! compress.JPG

AZ King shoots closeup compress.JPG
 
Yup, saw it Jen. Nice post! When that was going down I was cross town at Gate City Billiards playing Tony "Tyson" Morrison.

I'm not sure about Gate City. Is that in a bad part of town? We were told there were two pool rooms in Greensboro, Shooters and another one in a bad part of town.

There was a time when Greensboro was a good place to get action. The name of the pool room escapes me, about a quarter mile down the road from the university. THey boasted the best hot dogs in North Carolina. This is back in the day when grown men would crawl up on all fours atop the table to make a shot. I used to get the biggest kick out of it and would have to try hard to contain my laughter. :grin:

We ran into a stakehorse was in Baltimore backing two players from Michigan, and he told Keith and I that there was a big tournament in Greensboro the next weekend. Well, Keith and I traveled down to North Carolina to Shooter's to check it out.

When we walked in, the bartender told us that everybody was in Raleigh and that their tournament might have to be canceled because of a scheduling conflict. [Boy, does that sound familiar.] :embarrassed2:

It was too far for us to travel to Raleigh to make the tournament there, so we were stuck. The regulars in Shooter's kind of felt bad about Keith traveling all that way, and I will never forget what happened next. Several of them signed up to play in the tournament, which at the time we arrived only had two players signed up. They said they wanted to see Keith play. By the time the tournament started, there were about a dozen players. They lowered the entry fee to 20 bucks to allow more people to jump in.

I thought that was some of the nicest Southern hospitality I've ever experienced. I'll never forget it. I still have the tournament chart that they gave to me, with Keith's name in the winner's bracket. I always did like North Carolina for pool! :cool:
 
I'm not sure about Gate City. Is that in a bad part of town? We were told there were two pool rooms in Greensboro, Shooters and another one in a bad part of town.

There was a time when Greensboro was a good place to get action. The name of the pool room escapes me, about a quarter mile down the road from the university. THey boasted the best hot dogs in North Carolina. This is back in the day when grown men would crawl up on all fours atop the table to make a shot. I used to get the biggest kick out of it and would have to try hard to contain my laughter. :grin:

We ran into a stakehorse was in Baltimore backing two players from Michigan, and he told Keith and I that there was a big tournament in Greensboro the next weekend. Well, Keith and I traveled down to North Carolina to Shooter's to check it out.

When we walked in, the bartender told us that everybody was in Raleigh and that their tournament might have to be canceled because of a scheduling conflict. [Boy, does that sound familiar.] :embarrassed2:

It was too far for us to travel to Raleigh to make the tournament there, so we were stuck. The regulars in Shooter's kind of felt bad about Keith traveling all that way, and I will never forget what happened next. Several of them signed up to play in the tournament, which at the time we arrived only had two players signed up. They said they wanted to see Keith play. By the time the tournament started, there were about a dozen players. They lowered the entry fee to 20 bucks to allow more people to jump in.

I thought that was some of the nicest Southern hospitality I've ever experienced. I'll never forget it. I still have the tournament chart that they gave to me, with Keith's name in the winner's bracket. I always did like North Carolina for pool! :cool:

Cool story! The one by the university is called Coliseum Billiards. I've been there a handful of times. But NEVER after sunset, lol. Earl played out there for a short stint, perhaps 4 years ago, after shifting from Breakers and then to Gate City Billiards. He had "his table" at Coliseum, some ancient table - tightest SOB I ever played on.

Way back in the day, before my time here, was a pool hall called Bakers IIRC.

Then there's Breakers, formerly called BreakTime, then owned by Frank Tullis (sp?). Now it's called Breakers, where I primarily play out of. @ 5 GC's and 5 Diamonds.

Then @ 5 years ago, Gate City Billiards opened. Brand new place, all new equipment. @ a dozen GCIV's and a few Diamond 7'ers.
 
Cool story! The one by the university is called Coliseum Billiards. I've been there a handful of times. But NEVER after sunset, lol. Earl played out there for a short stint, perhaps 4 years ago, after shifting from Breakers and then to Gate City Billiards. He had "his table" at Coliseum, some ancient table - tightest SOB I ever played on.

Way back in the day, before my time here, was a pool hall called Bakers IIRC.

Then there's Breakers, formerly called BreakTime, then owned by Frank Tullis (sp?). Now it's called Breakers, where I primarily play out of. @ 5 GC's and 5 Diamonds.

Then @ 5 years ago, Gate City Billiards opened. Brand new place, all new equipment. @ a dozen GCIV's and a few Diamond 7'ers.

Baker's, that was the name of it when we were there. I was on the road with Geese. He had been there before, but I hadn't. We actually drove right up to the place that Geese had been to. We got out of the car, and when we opened the door, it was a furniture store. No kidding, just like in the movie TCOM. :thumbup:

We soon found out Baker's had moved down the street a stretch to a new location. When we got there, it was hopping with action. Seattle Sam, Calhoun, a bunch of players I didn't know at that time. A local's daughter was there, and somebody asked her to proposition me to a game. We gambled. It was fun. My first on-the-road gambling game.

Seattle Sam looked hilarious to me climbing up on the table to make a shot in one-pocket. I had *never* seen that before in my life. :eek:

Here's the late Seattle Sam Trivett, wearing the paperboy cap, on the left and the legendary John Henry on the right.
 

Attachments

  • seattlesamjamjohnhenry[1].JPG
    seattlesamjamjohnhenry[1].JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 779
Good day fellow az'ers and Happy Fathers Day.

Recently I attended a benefit tourney at Snookers in RI and posted a 'road report' of that event which included a couple of photos of me. That thread can be found here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=323258&highlight=clowery

This had me thinking that I don't know what many of my friends here look like and so even though there may have been something similar posted in the past, it's def long ago enough to where we could use a refresh.

Preferred would be a pic or two showing you in some sort of pool related activity, if not actually playing. Could be shooting, selling pool merchandise at a show, chasing someone who air-barreled you out the door and into the street, whatever. It's all good. :cool:

Show us what you got!

best,
brian kc

I'm still a bit upset I missed this, but here is a pic of me and my doubles partner when we won the BEF Nationals fundraiser tournament last year.

250826_411426152242642_1775355781_n.jpg
 
..

Seattle Sam looked hilarious to me climbing up on the table to make a shot in one-pocket. I had *never* seen that before in my life. :eek:

Here's the late Seattle Sam Trivett, wearing the paperboy cap, on the left and the legendary John Henry on the right.

Sam was a character, fer sure. RIP, ya maniac.
 
Heres a pic of me playing in a barbox tournament in Ohio about a year and a half ago. Clean shaven as of now though.
 

Attachments

  • 394009_356921844320458_804659692_n.jpg
    394009_356921844320458_804659692_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 639
A couple pictures of me at the Dojo in Evergreen,Co
And another of my first prize money in a 9 ball round robin tournament on the left and the guy that came in second on the right. if wants to identify himself he can.
 

Attachments

  • bruce002.jpg
    bruce002.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 587
  • bruce003.jpg
    bruce003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 575
  • pics 013.jpg
    pics 013.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 564
Did the pictures of me kill this thread?
I think I look pretty good for 77.

You do look great.

but that guy next to you, is that dave?

couldn't you have given him two $10's instead of the four $5's he's showing off? :rotflmao: :killingme:

best,
brian kc
 
the guy on the right. if wants to identify himself he can.
 

Attachments

  • Boris+Becker+Oktoberfest+Golf+Trophy+Party+gvc0H-hjguEl.jpg
    Boris+Becker+Oktoberfest+Golf+Trophy+Party+gvc0H-hjguEl.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I found this photo in a pile of stuff in the back of my closet.
Here I am sizing up a shot at the Greater Ozarks Amateur One Pocket Tournament and Celebrity Lookalike Contest.
I placed fourteenth out of a field of fifteen in the pool tournament, but came in second in the lookalike contest. I got beat out by a guy who owns a barbershop in Branson, and looks like George Clooney. :smile:
 

Attachments

  • 890521_1322464100580_full.jpg
    890521_1322464100580_full.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 272
Back
Top