Bad Problem with John Showman, (Cue Stolen)

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sir, I hope this issue gets resolved with showman soon. Best of luck to you OP

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading this thread makes me want to post my bad experience with a certain cue maker.....
You and everyone else NOT posting their rip off experiences are hurting all potential customers and protecting the crooks of the trade.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue makers are the Fing worst.

I could not disagree more. Some cue makers are the salt of the Earth and always honor their commitments. With the exception of this horrible experience dealing with Showman, all of my experiences in dealing with cue makers (and I've had dozens of them) have been very positive. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I could not disagree more. Some cue makers are the salt of the Earth and always honor their commitments. With the exception of this horrible experience dealing with Showman, all of my experiences in dealing with cue makers (and I've had dozens of them) have been very positive. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Well, I've also had a similar bad experience with someone else... not as bad as yours but it was frustrating as hell.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike is converted a legal term meaning stolen by someone you contracted with?

Conversion is a cause of action a/k/a a claim that one party asserts against another party in civil litigation a/k/a a lawsuit. It is a tort and a party can get punitive damages if the conversion is wilful. I believe that Showman's conversion of my cue is willful and exposes him to punitive damages.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew john counldn't be trusted.....All these top cue make thinks they can get away with lots of chit...even putting fake ivory in the cue when you actually order a real ivory

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Mike is converted a legal term meaning stolen by someone you contracted with?
Quality Cues;5314207 said:
Conversion is a cause of action a/k/a a claim that one party asserts against another party in civil litigation a/k/a a lawsuit. It is a tort and a party can get punitive damages if the conversion is wilful. I believe that Showman's conversion of my cue is willful and exposes him to punitive damages.

Mike, you get paid by the word or the letter?
Love ya buddy

Mr. Showman regardless of the work being completed or not you MUST send the cue back post-haste!
Such a shame to be able to charge your kind of prices and not be able to complete the work and actually earn them.

Last edited:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
I knew I was done when I stopped getting a Christmas Card. Sorry this is happening to you Mike.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew I was done when I stopped getting a Christmas Card. Sorry this is happening to you Mike.

Thanks, Matt. I take it that you gave Showman a 25% deposit for a cue years ago and never got your cue. Is this correct?

Best regards,

Mike

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Thanks, Matt. I take it that you gave Showman a 25% deposit for a cue years ago and never got your cue. Is this correct?

Best regards,

Mike

Approx 2006 I gave him an order for a cue after missing out on the one that DAK21st had for sale at the time . I was quoted 18-24 months delivery time . Lucky for me he wasn't requiring a deposit at the time . I do know at one point his wife got involved and the prices went up substantially. I remember having a conversation that basically said I didn't feel it was fair to quote 3000 for a cue and then call a few years after and double the price. I don't know if the cue I ordered was ever actually built or not . I have heard others that have had the same experiance with their price on delivery being double and if you don't want it someone else will.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all are not going to believe this, but I have the email from Showman of 12:18 pm today to prove it. A little after 10:00 pm last night I emailed Showman and informed him that in the 13 hours that this thread had been posted that 2,308 different computers had clicked on this thread and he was taking a serious beating. I just checked my email. At 12:18 pm today he responded:

mike,

thanks for the heads up, i will check it out.

john.

Showman is out there, really out there. I just responded to his email of 12:18 pm and again requested that he ship my cue back finished, or ship it back unfinished with a $700 USPS money order.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
You all are not going to believe this, but I have the email from Showman of 12:18 pm today to prove it. Earlier today I emailed Showman and informed him that in the 13 hours that this thread had been posted that 2,308 different computers had clicked on this thread and he was taking a serious beating. I just checked my email. At 12:18 pm today he responded:

mike,

thanks for the heads up, i will check it out.

john.

Showman is out there, really out there. I just responded to his email of 12:18 pm and again requested that he ship my cue back finished, or ship it back unfinished with a $700 USPS money order.

bat crap crazy will be his defense

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew this thread was coming. He's been talked about doing this kinda stuff going on for years to people.. Sorry to hear Mike

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew this thread was coming. He's been talked about doing this kinda stuff going on for years to people.. Sorry to hear Mike

Hi Colin:

I can only hope that I get my cue back soon and that nobody else will experience the frustration and anger that I harbor toward Showman. Perhaps this thread will spare someone else a similarly horrific experience dealing with this most unreputable cue maker.

Best regards,

Mike

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just remember

For all of you nut huggers for TAR, I have included them in part of the responsibility as they made a "featured cue maker" DVD about how great John Showman was/is.

While he wont admit it, they knew about Showman and his "practices".

What pi$$ed me off is, John had my money, and I was waiting on my cue, and the TAR nitwits get a free SHOWMAN cue ahead of me. :mad:

I guess I wont be getting that stupid Christmas card either.

Ken

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I wont be getting that stupid Christmas card either.

Ken

LOL

icon-xmas.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike....how much do you want for your Showman.........just kibitzing with you.........it is a beautiful cue and anyone should be thrilled to own it.....and in your case, just to get it back.......GL.

Matt B.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Mike....how much do you want for your Showman.........just kibitzing with you.........it is a beautiful cue and anyone should be thrilled to own it.....and in your case, just to get it back.......GL.

Matt B.

I bet he'd take $5k and all you have to do is call John and send him your shipping address.