balabushka, Szamboti or Ginacue???

Why are so many suggesting the OP opt for a newer cue by an active cuemaker. I can guarantee the OP will not be as happy with a 10k Mottey(or whatever) as he will with the cue of his dreams. One thing for sure, if he gets an older cue that he loves, it will have stabilized over the decades and he will never have to worry about warpage or any of the parts "moving".
 
Last edited:
Hi,
Sorry i have not been around. Thank you for all of the replies and inputs. I will reflect on all things said. Thanks again.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
 
Hi,
thanks for all of the replies. I have been playing the game for 30 years and thought that it would be time to really buy the cue that I really wanted since day 1. Again, I appreciate all of the inputs as it gives me angles and thoughts I have not considered before. Thanks again.

My vote goes to have a cue built the way you want it. I have my player built the way i wanted it and you couldnt pry that stick from my hands for any amount of money. Ive already been offered way more than i paid by a couple people that have hit with it.
 
For me having a "Player" made to my specs is a much better option than using a cue that is more of a collectible.
 
Hi,
It looks like I am starting to get back into the game and saving money to get a cue that would be a potential keeper. My planned budget in 2-3yrs is about 10k usd. What would you prefer and why between:

A) Balabushka

B) Ginacue- that can be custom made for your own specification

C) Szamboti

I would be playing with the cue and not storing it. Thank you for all of your opinion.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would get a less expensive cue as an everyday player. Full disclosure, I am a tightwad when it comes to spending money.

Lamborghinis are nice, but not for everyday driving. :smile:
 
Hi,
It looks like I am starting to get back into the game and saving money to get a cue that would be a potential keeper. My planned budget in 2-3yrs is about 10k usd. What would you prefer and why between:

A) Balabushka

B) Ginacue- that can be custom made for your own specification

C) Szamboti

I would be playing with the cue and not storing it. Thank you for all of your opinion.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:



It's a shame you don't have the money to spend right now. You could certainly get a nice Balabushka or Szamboti built by Gus for $10,000.

In two or three years this market could turn around and you may be hard pressed to buy what you can today. If I wanted to spend that kind of money I would buy one Georges cues, I have always wanted to buy one of his Brunswick Titlist Conversions. I am always on the look out for one of those cues, one of these days I am going to Pop when I find that special cue.

Good luck in your search!!
 
Hmmmm......

Out of those you mentioned, to PLAY with?....4 point 4 veneer, smooth leather wrap, stainless joint, delrin cap, 19.75 oz, non inlaid B.Szamboti......That said try to find someone willing to give theirs up ;-)
 
Back
Top