Ball Polisher

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't thought about a budget, just want a good one.

If there's no budget, I would go diamond. There's others that are good quality as well but IMO, diamond are better than most and add to that, diamond billiards stands behind what they sell.

Diamond has quality products and provide great service AFTER the sale and that is a hard combo to find these days.

Jeff

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I made my own for about $45 and works great! I really would say that the Diamond one is the best, I just didn’t want to drop $500 on it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a Ballstar for the past 20 years.....works great and nary any problems whatsoever.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made my own for about $45 and works great! I really would say that the Diamond one is the best, I just didn’t want to drop $500 on it.

I know several people that have built their own balls polishers and most of them work pretty good and some of them work extremely well for the money spent.

If I had been physically able, I would have built my own but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Heck, I do good to just walk around the block without pain, much less make a trip for material, get tools out, do the work and clean up....whew....it made me tired and hurt just thinking about it.

I envy you guys that are still healthy enough to do such things.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a Ballstar for the past 20 years.....works great and nary any problems whatsoever.

I have a friend that's had a ballstar cleaner for a long time and he loves it. He told me the older ballstars are better than the newer ballstars.

It seems everything was made better back when...more metal, less plastic. Bigger, more powerful motors that would last a life time. Nowadays, not so much, but they cost more....funny how that works.

Jeff

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend that's had a ballstar cleaner for a long time and he loves it. He told me the older ballstars are better than the newer ballstars.

It seems everything was made better back when...more metal, less plastic. Bigger, more powerful motors that would last a life time. Nowadays, not so much, but they cost more....funny how that works.

Jeff

Yo Jeff … My experience has been just the opposite. My first Ballstar had many issues. I bought the newer version a couple years ago and it has been trouble free.

I highly recommend the BallStar!!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Looking for advise...
What is the best ball cleaning machine out there?
Thanks

One that does NOT wear the outer ball surface. If you cleaning one ball set. Use your hands and just clean water.

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One that does NOT wear the outer ball surface. If you cleaning one ball set. Use your hands and just clean water.

Yes - stick with a polisher ( like the Diamond) that separates the balls as they rotate. It cannot be good in the long run for the balls to rotate and rub against each other as they are cleaned (as in most homemade bucket polishers) . That will inevitably lead to wear that reduces the ball diameters.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What product do you use to hand polish

For my standards, my bucket polisher works great.

I'd hand polish before I spent $500.

My cue ball is nearly new and I can’t get some marks out.
Gonna buy better balls when money, but for now have aramith crown, magnetic cue ball.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Aramith Astron 5 is probably the best. It also cleans tables, racks balls and serves drinks. At $150,000 its kinda pricey..........

Attachments

• robot.jpg
    robot.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 333

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Yes - stick with a polisher ( like the Diamond) that separates the balls as they rotate. It cannot be good in the long run for the balls to rotate and rub against each other as they are cleaned (as in most homemade bucket polishers) . That will inevitably lead to wear that reduces the ball diameters.

I opened/ran a new room with 14 tables. I hand wiped every ball, every am just before opening with a damp rag, using a clean cotton bar towel. We averaged $70,000 per yr, just in table time. This was a Hinkenlooper Pool Room/Brewery that served Pot Roast and Mashed potatoes for lunch every day, with fresh beer bread made ea day. It took Two years for the surfaces to become more porous. If I had a ball with a Mark on it, I would foucus/rub that spot on the counter with my damp bar rag laying flat.

I've owned my own room and designed and built out two others.