Bar Rescue - Griff's Las Vegas - Anyone watching?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Just started, looks like nice place, only 20 minutes in r=to show. Apprently Taffer's experts say mixed drink suck.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there 3 weeks ago. I wanted a bloody mary, just tomato juice and vodka. They used Zing Zang bloody mary mix. Too spicy, so after the first 2 drinks, I asked if they could use just tomato juice and vodka. The bartender girl could not find any tomato juice.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the Rescue show was not typical Bar Rescue, Taffer threw nothing, did little yelling, but Griff's look OK before Taffer.

Think Griff was benefactor of some technology, clean system, new POS, and Griff's got a lot of goodies, and free advertising.

Food was elevated, they got some training on mixing a proper drink.

Hid of reminded me of taking delivery of a New High Dollar Performance Car, and then have expert tweek it for more power, and top detail guy do a proper detail, as dealer use cheap help.

mmwtdh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was the "gentlest" episode I've ever seen. Good PR for Griff's, the place looks awesome before and after....

TrevorB

Registered
Cool looking place. I’ll stop in next trip to Vegas. I enjoyed the episode, pretty tame makeover compared to most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw bits and pieces of the episode. Will re-watch later.

Gary was there at the end of the episode. Seems he did ok from what I saw...got to say his piece..his version of how he felt.. learn some things and stay there working. Place seems to have been left better than when they started. A huge amount of free advertising was had by Griff's too. A net positive for them.

I do not know if Gary is still there however.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I thought the episode was great. Mark was very open-minded and a lot of positive changes were made to the bar and food services by Taffer and his gang.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To watch you need to be a subscriber to one of the cable or streaming services...though there may be a one time free watch deal available. Not sure how that would work.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Mark got upgrades, advertising, and should help place over all.

Whould have been nice to see area where pool tables are, but that was not shown.

Las Vegas is not on my bucket list to visit, but Taffer make over did add some sparkle effect to Griffs.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the television show fund all of these makeovers, etc? If so......Mark is a smart guy. He's already wealthy and found an opportunity for great PR and a free makeover to his multi-million dollar business. Wow.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Does the television show fund all of these makeovers, etc? If so......Mark is a smart guy. He's already wealthy and found an opportunity for great PR and a free makeover to his multi-million dollar business. Wow.

But I question one thing about Mark, according to show not long ago he had Bilateral Lung Transplant.

Guy is 73 I believe, not sure I would want stress, and headaches of any business with that medical history.

Also with his other stuff CSI, etc., he has, why not sell everything. Be set for life, doing what you wish to do without headaches of business.

But the flip side is Warren Buffet who is also ok financially ok, but is in game of making money. As that must be his love. Warren must like to be in action of stock market.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Believe Taffer does trade out with people who do thing like POS systems, glassware, they are also mentioned in credits.

Those Bars Taffer makes over get big bucks in free stuff.

Taffer knows his stuff, but some of his rescue still fail, because they do not do what they were institacted to do.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw on Facebook this AM that Gary was fired. Confirmed by Gary o_O
Six weeks after the show he was fired.

If I owned the place, I would have probably fired him, too.

Seems like he was better suited to run a pool tournament than a bar and grill. Inefficient with his time if he spent 7 days a week working and could not answer basic questions.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there 3 weeks ago. I wanted a bloody mary, just tomato juice and vodka. They used Zing Zang bloody mary mix. Too spicy, so after the first 2 drinks, I asked if they could use just tomato juice and vodka. The bartender girl could not find any tomato juice.

I like using V8 with my bloody mary's, the touch of pepper one, with a bit of clamato, a few dashes of worcheshire, bit of horseradish and a few dashes of hot sauce. I wish more bars would actually "mix" the drinks and not use some bottled mix you can buy at a supermarket.

I was surprised when I saw this come up (Mike Dechaine shared it on Facebook) as when I went to Griffs a few times I did not notice they were having any issues there. Seems more of a "fun" episode rather than an actual "rescue".