Bar Table 9-Ball Action in Meridian, MS

InTheCloudzzz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In an effort to try and improve my game, I'm willing to play ANYBODY some cheap bar table 9-ball on a great playing, Valley bar table here at my friend's house in Meridian, MS for $20/game and I'll guarantee either 5 hrs or $300. The pockets are around 4 1/8" - 4 1/4". I'm not asking for a spot and will not give one, the offer is even. The game is NON-NEGOTIABLE!!! I don't care if you've never picked up a stick or even if Efren shows up, the game is even. I made a similiar post like this w/ one pocket several years ago on another forum and got several really good players to come through. I won 1 session, lost 3 games in another, and lost my posted max in ALL the others. It was great experience for me but unfortunately now, I've only been playing bar table 9-ball recently and that is the only game I'm up for at the moment.

The times I'm willing to play are roughly Mon-Fri 5-10pm, with Sat-Sun negotiable. I do ask for at least 2 days notice to guarantee a game, even though spur of the moment games may be possible. Please contact me as far ahead of time as possible if you want a guaranteed game b/c like most people, I do have a life outside of pool (abiet a small one, lol).

I realize that this is not a whole lot of money and may not be worth the trip for many, but I figure if some players are passing through, this can at least pay for the cost of gas for a few miles, lol. I had a great turnout w/ my one pocket offer several years ago and hope for the same here.

While I'm not very enthusiastic about posting my contact information openly, feel free to send me a private message here on AZ and we'll set up a time to play.

Ryan
Meridian, MS
 
I posted a thread a few weeks ago and said I would play anybody coming through Amarillo,TX,and didn't get any response.I hope you have better luck.Maybe theirs no road players anymore?
 
roosterman said:
I posted a thread a few weeks ago and said I would play anybody coming through Amarillo,TX,and didn't get any response.I hope you have better luck.Maybe theirs no road players anymore?

Oh well. I had a great response a few yrs ago putting up $40/game one pocket going either 6 hrs or $200 on the Southern Billiards website. I'm holding out hope that this will get me some good experience on the bar table. If I get the quality of player w/ this offer as I did that one, I don't stand a chance of winning anything besides great practice and experience (which is the only reason I'm doing this).

I'm not sure what your offer was but if it's within my budget and if I ever get anywhere near Amarillo (I really don't expect to anytime soon though), I'll give you a little action, lol. Good luck w/ your game!

Ryan
 
you might get a better response if you offered to play on a neutral table*

*a poolroom not familiar to both players instead of your friends house ;)
 
d_flash said:
you might get a better response if you offered to play on a neutral table*

*a poolroom not familiar to both players instead of your friends house ;)

Very true but then again, I fully expect to be a major underdog whoever may take me up on this (you'd agree if you knew how I played, lol). When I made the one pocket offer a few yrs ago, I was at least 3 balls under every player that came by w/ the exception of two. And also, my friend's table is by far, IMO, the best playing bar table around. Then again, changing up my offer may be the only way to get anybody to come around too! Many thanks for the suggestion.

Ryan
 
hi

i commend you on your offer.if i was still running the roads i would slide through and battle with you.whatever happens my hats off to you for saying you will play anybody and guarantee a few hundies.its the qiuckest way to get better ,playing better players.thats how i did it.
 
InTheCloudzzz said:
Very true but then again, I fully expect to be a major underdog whoever may take me up on this (you'd agree if you knew how I played, lol). When I made the one pocket offer a few yrs ago, I was at least 3 balls under every player that came by w/ the exception of two. And also, my friend's table is by far, IMO, the best playing bar table around. Then again, changing up my offer may be the only way to get anybody to come around too! Many thanks for the suggestion.

Ryan

PM sent........
 
john schmidt said:
i commend you on your offer.if i was still running the roads i would slide through and battle with you.whatever happens my hats off to you for saying you will play anybody and guarantee a few hundies.its the qiuckest way to get better ,playing better players.thats how i did it.

John, you'd be more than welcome to play if you ever do get over this way. The better the player, the more I'll welcome the challenge.

And FWIW, I fully expect to be on the losing end w/ the vast majority of the players that may show up only b/c I figure that the only ones that would take me up on this offer will play well above my speed. And that's exactly what I want. The only concession I'm looking for is to play on the one table that I'm most comfortable on.

Ryan
 
In an outline of a novel I have started two guys put offers on pool forums on the Internet to play high stakes pool at their home. When the players get there they are robbed and murdered.:eek: Johnnyt
 
d_flash said:
you might get a better response if you offered to play on a neutral table*

*a poolroom not familiar to both players instead of your friends house ;)

Christ sakes, how much the best of it does a good road player have to have to take a flyer at a good opportunity. I applaud the guy for laying it out there and offering to play anyone who is willing.

-don
 
Johnnyt said:
In an outline of a novel I have started two guys put offers on pool forums on the Internet to play high stakes pool at their home. When the players get there they are robbed and murdered.:eek: Johnnyt

Nice one, Johnny, this will surely get the guy the action he is looking for:D :D How much money did the robber/murderer get, now days it probably would not be enought to kill over;) ;)

Take Care
-don
 
Johnnyt said:
In an outline of a novel I have started two guys put offers on pool forums on the Internet to play high stakes pool at their home. When the players get there they are robbed and murdered.:eek: Johnnyt

Must be a short story.
 
Thecoats said:
Nice one, Johnny, this will surely get the guy the action he is looking for:D :D How much money did the robber/murderer get, now days it probably would not be enought to kill over;) ;)

Take Care
-don
Well if they are going to be getting the best of it there should be SOME risk involved. Johnnyt
 
Johnnyt said:
In an outline of a novel I have started two guys put offers on pool forums on the Internet to play high stakes pool at their home. When the players get there they are robbed and murdered.:eek: Johnnyt



LOL...gee thanks Johnnyt, now I'll never get anybody to play! :cool:

FWIW...I only want a pool game nothing more. But then again, that's probably similiar to what I'd say IF I was looking for ingredients for the infamous Dalmer Stew.

Ryan
 
Back
Top