db28540
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
*MINT CONDITION*
19oz.
4 point w/ebony points w/white, mahogany, blue and black veneers
2- 13 mm shafts w/ ivory ferrules
white w/ black speckled wrap
cue was made in 1996 before he started signing his cues and initials are under butt cap.
The pics describe the rest... Cue is SOLD thanks

Last edited:

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
Guys, This is not a knock to anyone if this is legit but I feel that as a community we are pretty close and I wanted to share my thoughts and what happened with this cue for all to see and to potentially warn the person who bought this to make sure they know whats going.

I contacted the "seller" here to buy this cue...He wanted 6k OBO...I asked whats the lowest you will take and he said 4,600.....Red flags immediately went off and I said that I was interested but wanted to do escrow....He ignored...I offered 4k for the cue....He came back with 4,300. I said DEAL but I want to escrow, or ship me the cue first to make sure it was straight, a real Barry, and the shafts were really 13mm and not 12mm not normal on AZ.....I also asked 4 times if it was straight and never got a reply.

So I sent him my phone number and said call me so we can work out details. I then get a call from a DIFFERENT guy who says HE ACTUALLY OWNS THE CUE....Seller here never mentioned that:confused:

I speak with the guy who tells me he bought it from Barry and the shafts were 13mm and it was 58 inches. I then tell him what the AGREED upon price was and he says he wanted more. I laughed.

He then said he had all this interest and that his "friend" was just some guy who dont know cues selling it for him...I ask him what he wants and he said 4,500....I agree and say lets escrow. He says he will not ESCROW...NO MATTER WHAT. I tell him that seems to be a red flag and he will have a hard time selling anything here, as a newbie, without excrowing. I then say I will let you pick who escrows the deal as long as I know there rep..He declines. I then tell him that I would be willing to send him HALF...he sends me the cue, and then I overnight the other HALF....He says he needs to "Check with his lawyer"....I say "well how about I save you some money and have my wife, an attorney, just draw up a contract on the cue" He declines. He then asks me some questions about values of cases and cues. I help him. He then says he needs speak to his lawyer. I said well, I am agreeing to BUY THE CUE for YOUR ASKING price, but I want to escrow.

I log in last night and its listed as SOLD....I am OK with that as many on AZ have sold out from underneath me, but I truly dont want to see someone get BEAT on this cue because the price was low.

I was willing to buy it but needed to ESCROW...He declined. If someone close to him bought it and is going to pick it up and it turns out real and legit I am glad for that person. I truly just do not want to see an AZ member who may be new or not on here much send money without ESCROW, and get taken for 4-5k.......As I said it may be legit and this guy just doesnt know how the world works and thats fine, but RED FLAGS jump when someone wont escrow....

I also asked for pics of the initials under the bumper....Once to the "seller" on here, and once to the "real seller" and both ignored my request...Another red flag.

I hope its legit and the new buyer got a great deal, and the cue is straight and the shafts are 13mm and Barry made it, but refusing all possible ways to split the risk of the sale of a cue in the 4-5k range is a RED FLAG and ridiculous.:thumbup:

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Who ever bought this cue and DIDN'T use Escrow Service with an Itrader of only (1) learned a expensive lesson, I'm sure ! ! !

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
Who ever bought this cue and DIDN'T use Escrow Service with an Itrader of only (1) learned a expensive lesson, I'm sure ! ! !

Its a shame Dan, but I hope not.....But when a guy WILL NOT USE IT....Its a red flag to me, and I dont want to see a guy who spent 4-5k get burnt on this cue cause he wont have it to buy something from ME:D

OHHHHHHHH side note....I offered to pay for shipping BOTH WAYS, ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD the ESCROW.....Not a DIME from the seller....Lots of red flags.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
239   0   1
I bought the cue and think the guy is very honest.
I will post my positive experience when the cue arrives.

Last edited:

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
I bought the cue and think the guy is very honest.
I will post my positive experience when the cue arrives.

Like I said...I hope you did but you dont think theres a RED FLAG from someone who wont use ESCROW, when I agreed to pay HIS PRICE and pay for ESCROW and SHIPPING? I am not a genius but that is weird....

As I said I truly hope its real as I have been looking for a Blue veneered Bary for a long time but I dont think asking to use ESCROW is unreasonable:confused:

I hope it works out and I hope the cue is perfect like he said...And I hope you get it:thumbup:

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Szam

Nice pick up Troy, I hope everything works out and cue gets delivered as promised ! I too sent the guy a PM about the cue, as I couldn't send funds with only the (1) Itrader. I know we all have to start somewhere but I think this is where the Escrow comes in play until I guy or member gets established. Get with Mark, I think he's a buyer straight away on the cue.

db28540

db28540
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
szam

Everyone get with Troy after this deal is done and see what he says...AND yes i am new to AZ. If law man wasnt such a jerk i would have done whatever he wanted. To bad the cue is going straight to Barry himself for inspection.. since you know him so good lawman call him ina couple days and ask him how jam up this cue is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Last edited:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Everyone get with Troy after this deal is done and see what he says...AND yes i am new to AZ. If law man wasnt such a jerk i would have done whatever he wanted. To bad the cue is going straight to Barry himself.. since you know him so good lawman call him ina couple days and ask him how jam up this cue is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Put your seat-belt on,this is going to be a bumpy ride:grin::grin:

TheCueHunter

Banned
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   0
Put your seat-belt on,this is going to be a bumpy ride:grin::grin:

Whats funny is thats all I asked to do:D I guess I havent bought enough cues here lol....I asked to escrow he said NO...I said I''ll pay...He said NO....He said I want $4,300 for the cue and I said YES...He said I won't said it to anyone LOL....Where was I the A$$ Hole? Better off without the headache, and its not the first time stuff is swiped from under me for more money.........No bumpy ride,,,,I said all along I hope its legit and right but when a person refuses ESCROW thats a RED FLAG,,,,but now with another buyer they ACCEPT ESCROW?>??????????? Weird huh:thumbup:

PLUS...This joker isnt even the guy selling the cue or who has the cue after I talked to the "other" owner.....The "real" owner told me this guy was "some clown who had internet"....and thats a quote

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So that's why the wrap looks like a viking? I had 2 Barry Szamboti cues with linen wrap and they didn't look like this one? One was his 42nd cue the other a 2006. Troy is a great guy I hope everything works out OK!

I'm telling Barry you said his wraps look like Viking.

Kevin