• 8' high 6' away zoomed in on just the table & balls

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Something else (put it in you reply)

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe 7x8 but medium zoom (somewhere between the two in the video). I liked the 4.5x10x45 also. It's probably more of a personal preference and there are many combinations that can work. One thing to try and avoid though would be the dreaded "see my wallet" view when shooting from in front of the camera.

Cheers,
RG

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey Drew.

i voted before i watched the video, and i found that i prefered a better angle than what i picked.

i prefer the last option on the clip.. 8' x 6' - 55 degree up, its like you are watching from blimp, perfect angle to see all the paths !

Steve

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I like the higher view that shows just the table so I can see the path of the cue ball.

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Definitely the last one. 8x6 at 55 degrees.

On another note, which table do you have? I have a Brunswick Madison and it looks identical to your table without the nice woodwork on the sides.

I'd be curious as to how your pockets are set-up. Mine are VERY very tight and tough. I used this articlehttp://www.azbilliards.com/rogerlong/roger2.php and found that I had a 9.375 rated table. (Extra Tough)

Sorry for the thread jack. :)

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Drew.

i voted before i watched the video, and i found that i prefered a better angle than what i picked.

i prefer the last option on the clip.. 8' x 6' - 55 degree up, its like you are watching from blimp, perfect angle to see all the paths !

Steve

Yeah, I agree with Steve. Can really see the angles and paths to the pocket. At times I might prefer to see more of me if I'm having mechanical problems, stroke, whatever.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I don't like the shots from an angle off the table, like the 45 degree shot from behind a corner. If there is only one camera my favorite would be from the middle of the foot end taking in the table and enough of the perimeter to see the whole player. The direct overhead view is good for getting a perspective of the layout (like does one ball pass another to the pocket) but I don't care for this angle for watching a match.

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you've got the camera seven feet high, what are you setting it on? I would record more of myself but I don't really have a good way to prop the camera 7 feet in the air. Anyone's ideas are welcome :)

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
I prefer this angle :wink: 7 feet back 7 feet high mounted on wall

camera angle.jpg

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Hey Drew.

Steve
Drew check out the video stevekur 1 (HI Steve Hope all is well) put on you tube for me years ago (gerard 104 final)
I think this is a great angle for 14.1 IMHO