Best commentator in pool

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey folks I just wanted to post this.
I was up late last night watching Nick Varner play Johnny Archer . The match was commentated by Justin Collett and John Schmidt.
John was hilarious.Very sharp, very funny as well as being extremely knowledgeable.He had me laughing many times. He is the best commentator in pool in my mind.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're going to have a hard time beating Billy Incardonna

True Billy is very good and probably more of a pro at it than John.
What I liked about Scmitty is that all he does is joke around and it works.
I like the non-serious approach- He and Alex P would be great in the booth together.
You just gotta keep Alex from swearing -thats been his problem in the past

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Billy is definitely hard to beat. When him and Scott did the US Open one pocket was really a good one. Schmidt is good and brings both knowledge and humor to the table which is always nice. Another good one is Jeremy Jones, if I remember right he did a good bit during the Galveston tournament.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Last night John was talking about straight pool and 10 ball. Going on about how you can "miss a lot in 10 ball and still win"
EXCEPT HE DIDN'T.
He played real bad his first match.
Otherwise decent commentating. The best? Nope

G.Ouellet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm an amateur but the best commentating I have ever heard in my opinion was listening to earl strickland give his insights on a pool match. I learned alot from that alone.

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
John cracks me up.

One of his many one-liner's from last night..."if you miss in straight pool, you're gonna get molested".

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a tape out there with Efren and Incardona commenting on a 9 ball match in Reno in the 90's. Efrens analysis is brilliant. His English is hard to fathom but once you get used to his rhythm he sees the table like no one else does. Billy would say this is the shot and Efren would say I think this way is better than proceed to talk about how balls would end up. Creative and brilliant.

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim Wych is awfully good and has certainly announced a lot of huge matches. I enjoyed Ken Schuman too very understated and knowledgeable. Joey A is good too. Pool has really improved in quality announcing in the last cpl yrs. IMO Daniel Busch has taken big steps in the last year. Im happy to hear less old timee patter .

plfrg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey folks I just wanted to post this.
I was up late last night watching Nick Varner play Johnny Archer . The match was commentated by Justin Collett and John Schmidt.
John was hilarious.Very sharp, very funny as well as being extremely knowledgeable.He had me laughing many times. He is the best commentator in pool in my mind.

The conversation between John and Justin was excellent. I thought it was entertaining and very insightful. I thought they both did a great job and I would highly recommend watching them if they are available in the future.

I hope those video's make it to youtube.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Jim Rempe, Billy Incardona, and Grady Matthews imo. Rempe had a great voice and insight for the mic.

-

This is a stream section but I guess the commentating is part of the stream.

Billy incordona and Joey A , those two together commentating a match is peiceless.

Rob.M

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a tape out there with Efren and Incardona commenting on a 9 ball match in Reno in the 90's. Efrens analysis is brilliant. His English is hard to fathom but once you get used to his rhythm he sees the table like no one else does. Billy would say this is the shot and Efren would say I think this way is better than proceed to talk about how balls would end up. Creative and brilliant.

Would love to know what match this was. Tks

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i heard joe rogan commentating one time at a hard times match and i thiunk he did a good job. very technical and a keen observer.

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Shannon Daulton, Jeremy Jones, Cardone, Rich Grenier, The Beard, and John Schmidt. (Not necessarily in that order.)

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I think I like to hear Jay the most on the mic. Dude knows pool especially the moves.

My least favorite are the guys who can't tell the angles on the balls and always seem surprised at the outcomes