Best Gambler Cue of All Time

Graciocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fun cue!

You guys are posting some great gambler cues.

I enjoy building cues for Dean and this theme gambler was a fun project. The detail in Sandra's scrimshaw is beyond words.

Attachments

• z4 130.jpg
    z4 130.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 860

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You guys are posting some great gambler cues.

I enjoy building cues for Dean and this theme gambler was a fun project. The detail in Sandra's scrimshaw is beyond words.

I was wondering if Dean was going to have a pool gambling theme in this cue. All the cues shown have been awesome. I'd like to see more or any that celebrate the gambling side of pool.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you got it,its a gambler like nothing you ever dreamed of,if you have gambled seriously at pool you will get a chuckle

mine is pool gambling not dice and cards(i do love them also,but this is an insiders cue for serious pool stories) prepare to have fun when you see this

john barton is a lucky guesser unless i mentioned the idea some time back,either way John ,get me a matching case idea when you see this

keep the ideas coming,see if you guys can guess what Scott did with this unusual unique pool gambler

dean

oops scott is letting the cat outta the bag,but thats just part of the cue,i hope he keeps you wanting more

that keith is incredible also,but mine is something unique and i love what scott did

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no question ,the best cue makers have made some great gambler cues,i want to see some more of these beauties.

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
don't know if it's the best but here's one Keith made a bit ago.....

I really like that one from Keith. The partial Searing and the Haley one are both awesome!

Wow, these are some awesome cues and I haven't every really been a big gambler cue fan....hmmm.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I owned the iconic D-19 before. Did this cue start the "gambler" cue or was Meucci's gambler out first? Or were there others before these two?

How about the Color of Money scrimshaw cue by PFD? Would that count?

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I ownend the iconic D-19 before. Did this cue start the "gambler" cue or was Meucci's gambler out first? Or were there others before these two?

How about the Color of Money scrimshaw cue by PFD? Would that count?

Interesting....I wonder who had the first "gambler" cue....Gus or Meucci ??

Dean, that's going to be a TALL order to have something that will top that Barry. Can't wait to see. :smile:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would not be possible if I tried to do a traditional cue,but I am doing a comic pool theme gambler.
if Barry sees mine he will get a big laugh out of it too,when we get the cue finished I hope someone tells Barry to look at it and post his thoughts

I have had this idea in the back of my head for years and I hope all you AZ members like it too

Dean

Just read JB remarks about PFD Color Of Money
Is there anything John does not remember,I also did a Hustler cue with Paul,Jackie and George C Scott in an ivory handle with Paul Mottey
That Drexler was a really inventive cue,I heard Paul Newman got it some way or another

All of these count,remember and post every gambler theme cue you can think of,I think this is the most creative effort,but then I'm prejudice

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Dean, that's going to be a TALL order to have something that will top that Barry. Can't wait to see. :smile:

Didn't someone say that one of the cues listed here is a "gambler" from Schick in the 70's.

Hell, I'd bet even money that Ernie PROBABLY did one before anyone else.

Good thread Dean. I will make you the case to match it for sure.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TO JOHN an open challenge

contact Graciocues here on Az,get pictures and have the case ready by the time the cue is ready.( 1x2 no pouches,I don't need to tell you what to do,you are the design man

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scott Haverland built gambler has my vote

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...t=searing+dice
I am pretty sure Scott did just about all the work on this cue. Dennis told Scott he needed to build his own cue. And then Dennis helped him complete the dice cue in the shop. Days upn days of inlay work just on the dice in the rings. The dots are vernier scale.
Best in the world?
Good job Scott!

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member

The Schick was supposedly a copy of a Bushka. In fact IIRC Bill owned the Bushka at one point.

JV

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Schick was supposedly a copy of a Bushka. In fact IIRC Bill owned the Bushka at one point.

JV

I'd love to see the Bushka cue"
I think Bill did an excellent job on the 1 He built"
I will say that His work is probably all with a pantograph,
whereas other might have used a computerized cnc for thier inlay work.

DWBOD

Game Over!
Silver Member
This is the one I was speaking of. Posted here a while back, not sure whos it was. Awesome gambler cue though.

fdggld.jpg

6rq5c7.jpg

28sndip.jpg

Wow, those are some fantastic pics :rolleyes:. That is my favorite Gambler cue as well, it is in mint condition and was Bill's daily player for several years in the 70's. It is currently available if anyone is interested.

IMG_6845.jpg

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited:

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad that Myron's Haley and Scott's Big Daddy were posted. Those two are right at the top of my list.

The Big Daddy plays lights out too. I haven't had the opportunity to try the Haley.

Scott