Best hitting cue you ever played with.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
I might have posted on this thread before, or another asking the same question. Not sure what cue I listed. I would have to say for the hit and feel consistent play, my Omega dpk is the best playing stick I have ever shot with.:woot:

Chris:wink:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if you can only keep one cue to play with which one is it? Which brand will you go on record as your one cue to keep if you must give up all others?

My fave, is a Jack Madden he custom made for me some years ago...Best hitting cue I ever played with..and I've had dozens of high end cues, over the years !

Hi John, I was actually just responding to your post, to show a 1P.org member that my [sic] "Lifetime" ban here on AZB, is over !...He is wrong so often, I don't know why I even bothered to point it out ? (he aint too bright)...He will no doubt curse and scream at me for doing this..but it is a cross I must bear .. :rolleyes:

PS..I think you will find me much more sociable this time around, after all, I must be DEAD ! :eek:
(sample of my new personna) --> Seriously John, Good effort against Lou. You gave it your best shot ! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Mr. McMorran,

Would it be this cue? I'd love to buy it when you're done with it. How much do you want for it?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=1621812&postcount=10

ONB

Yes sir, that is the cue...But it is staying in the family when I'm gone..Sorry !

Mr. McMorran,

I can certainly understand the sentiment towards keeping your cue with your family. I'm guessing that cue would go for $1100- $1300 today (if it had 2 shafts).

ONB

kevpull

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucasi

People may be absolutely shocked but after using Showman, Olney, Sugartree, Southwest, Josey, JD, Diveney, Jacoby, Mezz, Predator....my best hitting cue is the cue I'm using which is a.....Lucasi Hybrid LH30 LOL...the shaft is so good to play with and the wrap is so great in the hand

Just bought a Lucasi Custom, cheeap cue just to hit some balls. The instant I began to play with it...I knew this was a good hitting cue. Have owned Jacoby, Schon, Predator, Mallari... But when I began to play with this cheap Lucasi something magical happened and the balls would not stop going in the holes. Like FatBoy said...the stars align when I play with it.

jbullerjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly have 3

Royce sp he made cues before he became widely known for OB

Gilbert fancy bj

Blackcreek full splice ebony into tulip

I would pick up any of these three in a game for my life.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Resurrection time .... I've played with Mike Bender to South West, and everything in between. I've owned and played with hundreds of cues in my 45 years of playing, actually 51 years cause I was playing at 10 years old.

One cue tops them all in hit, and playability, my Jensen. I have zero doubt that this is the finest playing cue I've ever played with.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction. Sometime in the future I will tally the votes by brand even though there may be different "eras" and butt/shaft combinations.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

The List - Brand - Votes

George Balabushka - 1 (real Buska, not Adams)
Joey Bautista - 1
Al Bautista - 1
Mike Bender - 1
Black Boar - 2
Leonard Bludworth - 2
Mike Capone -1
Cognoscenti - 2
Coker - 2
Dufferin House Cue 19oz - 1 (assuming original Canadian made Dufferin)
Pat Diveny - 1
Billy Gibbs - 1
Mike Gulyassy -1
Greg Hearn - 1
Mason Houghland - 1
Huebler -3
Bobby Hunter - 2
Jimmy Ingram -1
Jacoby -1
Jensen - 2
Josey -1
Joss gold letter - 2
Steve Lomax - 1
MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft. -1
Paul Mottey - 2
Kenny Murrell - 1
Chris Nitti - 1
Jim Odom - 1
Jeff Olney - 1
John Parris - 1 (snooker cue)
PFD - 1
Jim Pierce - 2
Phillippi - 2
Jerry Powers - 1
Judd - 1
Kersenbrock -1
Kikel - 1
Hermann Rambow - 1
Edwin Reyes - 1
Bob Runde - 1
Samsara #1978, 314-2 shaft - 1
Dennis Searing -1
Schon (Runde Era) - 2
Schon - 3
Schuler -1
Schuler with pro taper shaft (not Schuler Pro) - 1
Chuck Starkey - 1
Sugartree - 3
Gus Szamboti - 3
TAD steel joint - 2
Tascarella - 1
Jerry Terbrock - 1
Varney - 2
Larry Vigus w/OB Shaft - 1
Larry Vigus - 1
Thomas Wayne - 1 (one vote invalidated)
Mike Webb - 1
Skip Weston - 1
SouthWest - 1
Woodworth - 1

If I missed any let me know.
Tex Zimmerman.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to update my vote from a Judd Fuller JT-1 to an early Judd Fuller 6pt ebony/iv cue I use now.

Feels and sounds like a wooden bat hitting a home run on most shots. Does that make any difference? No, but it sure is neat.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RICK HOWARD, and my Dzuricky is right there with it,
although I've only played maybe 25 hours with it. Time will tell

Last edited:

4railer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction. Sometime in the future I will tally the votes by brand even though there may be different "eras" and butt/shaft combinations.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

The List - Brand - Votes

George Balabushka - 1 (real Buska, not Adams)
Joey Bautista - 1
Al Bautista - 1
Mike Bender - 1
Black Boar - 2
Leonard Bludworth - 2
Mike Capone -1
Cognoscenti - 2
Coker - 2
Dufferin House Cue 19oz - 1 (assuming original Canadian made Dufferin)
Pat Diveny - 1
Billy Gibbs - 1
Mike Gulyassy -1
Greg Hearn - 1
Mason Houghland - 1
Huebler -3
Bobby Hunter - 2
Jimmy Ingram -1
Jacoby -1
Jensen - 2
Josey -1
Joss gold letter - 2
Steve Lomax - 1
MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft. -1
Paul Mottey - 2
Kenny Murrell - 1
Chris Nitti - 1
Jim Odom - 1
Jeff Olney - 1
John Parris - 1 (snooker cue)
PFD - 1
Jim Pierce - 2
Phillippi - 2
Jerry Powers - 1
Judd - 1
Kersenbrock -1
Kikel - 1
Hermann Rambow - 1
Edwin Reyes - 1
Bob Runde - 1
Samsara #1978, 314-2 shaft - 1
Dennis Searing -1
Schon (Runde Era) - 2
Schon - 3
Schuler -1
Schuler with pro taper shaft (not Schuler Pro) - 1
Chuck Starkey - 1
Sugartree - 3
Gus Szamboti - 3
TAD steel joint - 2
Tascarella - 1
Jerry Terbrock - 1
Varney - 2
Larry Vigus w/OB Shaft - 1
Larry Vigus - 1
Thomas Wayne - 1 (one vote invalidated)
Mike Webb - 1
Skip Weston - 1
SouthWest - 1
Woodworth - 1

If I missed any let me know.
Tonkin . Not on the list ?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The following cue makers rank right in there with the names already mentioned:

Richard Black
Tim Scruggs
Bill Stroud
Bill Schick
Joel Hercek
Ed Prewitt
Barry Szamboti
Gus Szamboti
Bob Owen
Burton Spain
Bob Meucci
Ernie Gutierrez
Jerry Rauenzahn
Bob Mancino
Paul Rubino
Verl Horn
James White
Paul Drexler
Steve Klein
Frank Paradise
Eddie Cohen
Bert Schrager
John Showman
Randy Mobley

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Well after trying many many cues since my first answer years ago have to say new #1 for me is a Josey don’t own one atm just started playing again I’ll have another in future 🤙🏻

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Guy I knew in our community believe he had a George Balabushka Cue.

He let me hit some balls with it. It was like 80,000 Pound full loaded Semi bumping parked VV Bug at 25 mph.

He sold Cur to brother from AZ, and other live in TX.

Big collectors, Tascarella restored.

BALABUSHKA.
1645365643573.png