Best One-Handed Players

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I've heard that Lou Butera ran over a hundred balls one-handed. (and he did it pretty fast too) does anyone know what the record is for straight pool one-handed?

I have some footage of Lou playing not one handed but two.This guy dosnt waist any time.He plays to fast to have a PSR.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some footage of Lou playing not one handed but two.This guy dosnt waist any time.He plays to fast to have a PSR.

PSR...let's see...physicians for social responsibility...professional satellite repair...password storage and retrieval... dang, I'm going to have to ask what it means?

TheThaiger

Banned
I've heard that Lou Butera ran over a hundred balls one-handed. (and he did it pretty fast too) does anyone know what the record is for straight pool one-handed?

edit: don't be getting me into trouble BigDog, there's probably more guys who can play one-handed than we can imagine. It's pretty easy to get good at.

It's pretty difficult to get good at the game TWO handed, let alone one.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesse Allred gets my vote. I've only seen him on videos but from what I've seen I'm truly amazed at the high powered stuff he does. I can see how strong he would be when he's just doing regular things.
Also another good one handed player that comes to mind is Sergio Vargas.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm no pushover with one hand...gambled quite a bit at it..
..but I stink jacked up.

The two players that have left me in awe are...
Ronnie Allen, in his prime
Jesse Allred, currently

might start an aiming thread about Jesse shooting one-hand behind
his back

Jdale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Handed

Don't forget Mike Massey. Back in the 70's I Watched him and Tooth play one pocket, one handed "jacked up". Don't remember the money, Tooth came out ahead.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget Mike Massey. Back in the 70's I Watched him and Tooth play one pocket, one handed "jacked up". Don't remember the money, Tooth came out ahead.

I've played Ronnie Allen jacked up one-pocket for $100 a game even, I was 19 years old, ended up losing to him. He was a couple balls better than me, although he could have been keeping the games close on purpose. (he is one of the kings of hustling) When I was 17 I played Mike Massey one-pocket the same way, I ran 8 and out the first game and won the next few games. If Bucktooth is better than those guys I'd love to see him play, that would be strong!

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best player was Michael "Geese" Gerace. He could draw his rock an entire table length without his cue touching the table. That is strong!:cool:

JAM, I don't doubt it, but I think there are several guys now that can do that.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When in Vegas I saw a guy who looked like Allen Hopkins (body build etc.) giving an A player 3 or 4 balls in one pocket and robbing him. I was just amazed at how well he shot. Just wish I could remember his name.

I think he plays one-handed, but just on the description, sounds like Gary Lutman.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My partner has ran 100 balls with one hand, living legend John Hasci. He's not genuinely one handed though. Not sure if having amputated fingers counts, but John only has a thumb and and a couple of stumps on his shooting hand. If you look close you can see the sling he needs to hold the cue.

untitled.jpg

We have a local lad (well about an hour from here), that plays pretty strong no handed. No kidding -- he lost both arms and has these slings and whatnots that he uses. Plays and gambles pretty stoutly.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

edit: don't be getting me into trouble BigDog, there's probably more guys who can play one-handed than we can imagine. It's pretty easy to get good at.

I can't recall what the number was but this Ernie Morgan "One Armed Bandit" guy, on his exhibition poster claimed the world record for a one-handed 14.1 run, but I can't remember the number other than it being pretty impressive.

Lou Figueroa
can't remember
a lot of things
nowadays :)

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
there was a player who lived in texas is the 80s and 90s and he was a jam up one handed player his name is sergio vargas....he was from mexico and i think he also played in cali in the 70s....he would often torture pretty good players one handed jacked up to there 2 hands....great thread....:thumbup:

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't recall what the number was but this Ernie Morgan "One Armed Bandit" guy, on his exhibition poster claimed the world record for a one-handed 14.1 run, but I can't remember the number other than it being pretty impressive.

Lou Figueroa
can't remember
a lot of things
nowadays :)

get that memory working, Lou. you can even exaggerate the number a little. :D

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Most one handed players are doing it for gambling purposes and really hate threads like this. If one thinks they are better than the others, then they play.

If you search it's been done as many times as "who's the best player"

I know one person in this thread who if he had a computer would ask kindly to be removed.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
get that memory working, Lou. you can even exaggerate the number a little. :D

lol. The funny thing, Jesse, is that I can picture the poster perfectly in my mind. I just can't read the fine print. I want to take a stab at it and say a number, but it would only be a guess and I don't want to do that to you.

Maybe someone has a copy of the poster somewhere in their collection?

Lou Figueroa