Best pool playing family

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it help if I told you that I love you like a brother? No let's forget about pool and just go driving around town in a few of the Ferraris.

Hope all is good buddy. You should come to Des Moines.

;) I will come see you, I'm just trying to get something started now, so I'm in LA (where I work best), soon as I get a new gig(I'm on it) then I'm going to take some time and travel etc. right now my mind isnt right to travel,

best

eric

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word has it that a few folks named Van Boening can hit'm pretty sport too.

This is in no was a knock at all, but I believe Shane's success has came with hard work more so than most champions, I have watched him carefully and he dosent appear to have the natural God given talent alot of champions have, he has busted his butt to get to where he is, He told me that once. I cant post the direct quote as the language isnt approiate. I have great respect for Shane and how hard he works on his game, if he had the raw talent of Hatch, forget it, Buddy Hall might not have been able to fade that combo on his best day, and I'm a huge Buddy fan(he might have been the best 9ball player for a while). What does this post have to do with this thread???:confused:

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even though they don't play any more....

Bob Dickerson Sr. (finished 8th in a world 8 ball tournament..year?? think in the 80s. traveled the road with Nick Varner for 10 plus years) and his wife (my step-mom) Christy Dickerson (finsihed 9-12th in first WPBA tournament back in the 90s)

And don't forget to mention the best of us all............:D

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
How about the Glenn Family (that family that has all the Bushkas and Botis in the Billiard Encyclopedia)? Papa Pete, Del, Denny, and Steve are all players. Del is probably the best player in the room that I play at, and he says Steve puts it on him pretty bad. Great bunch of guys, and I am starting to see Del's kids at the tables nowadays. The family tradition continues!

Eieio59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna throw our names in the hat: Tammie, Troy and Allison Jones! Our 11 year old is starting to show some speed but we aren't pushing....:thumbup:

but my overall vote has to go to Van Boening, Gari Jo, Timi and Jeanne and the whole dang "Blooming" family! Lots of talent in the family....... (don't forget Grandpa Gary either!). Road player might have a bit of trouble running through that town.... I can see it now.... once Shane finishes up, he invites them to play Grandpa some..... when Grandpa gets done, how bout playing my wife some........then my daughter - how bout my other daughter????? Pool player would have to hang up his cue cuz when he left town he would probably feel like he couldn't beat anybody! Get beat by the women, men and children! Hah!

We once played some one-pocket against a fellow.....he started out playing and when he finished, asked the guy if he would like to play his wife some....the guy says sure.....I finish up with him and the guy stops and says, "ya'll don't have no kids do ya?"........

I love pool.

Dr.DreckDonkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about James Davis Sr and James Davis Jr.?:thumbup:

the donkey thinks they might be a few families

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I'm gonna throw our names in the hat: Tammie, Troy and Allison Jones! Our 11 year old is starting to show some speed but we aren't pushing....:thumbup:

Not a bad trio!

There is another Indiana couple thats pretty sporty too with the names...Breedlove & Lee! Do they have any kids?

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
people with family dont know how good they got it, i'd give up everything to have a family-even if they didnt play. I couldnt imagine how fun it must be to have a fmaily that does play, I see Oscar and Ernesto together and wish that was me. All the $$$ is the world dont mean nothing compaired to a good family.

these guys even work together.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Texans James "Bastrop" Davis and James Jr play pretty sporty...but the nod goes to the Hatch brood. Greg was a decent player, Mark was stronger than him and THEN there was Dennis!!

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a bad trio!

There is another Indiana couple thats pretty sporty too with the names...Breedlove & Lee! Do they have any kids?

Breedlove, I do believe has 2 kids from a previous marriage (Not totally sure) while Lee does not have any children (biologically)!

j_kronz79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texans James "Bastrop" Davis and James Jr play pretty sporty...but the nod goes to the Hatch brood. Greg was a decent player, Mark was stronger than him and THEN there was Dennis!!

well they got action,with the bowman's, especially if ya throw the mother in the mix!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I really can't imagine a better playing family than the Bowman's. All talented and in their prime. Word is that... Yes... even 'the ole man' can still play a 'little', on the right day... if the money is right :groucho:

gotgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id have to say the Bowmans!! But watch out for the Mgrath family from Peoria the mom and dad hit them pretty sporty and we all know the son plays quick:D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As I think about this more and more, I keep coming back to the Fuscos of Pennsylvania.

1. Jimmy holds numerous titles and came 2nd at the 1983 World Straight Pool championships, losing to Mizerak in the final.

2. Pete won the 1972 World 9-ball Torunament and came 2nd in the 1973 Las Vegas Open 8-ball championship. He also won the high run prize at the 1977 World Straight Pool Championships with a run of 117, finishing 7th in that event.

3. Mike was the 1969 Philadelphia City Champion.

The Fuscos didn't just play sporty, they were proven champions with impressive competitive credentials.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Behnke and his four boys can play some.

Are these the boys used in the Pool I.Q. DVD's? If so I am SO jealous every time I watch those videos. I WISH I grew up in a family where everyone played! How awesome would that be! I would be on the table at least 20-30 hours a week no doubt! :yes:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
How about the Janscos?

Folks:

I don't know if they "count" so much for their pool-playing ability (which is documented), but how about the Jansco family -- most notably the two brothers George and Paulie -- for creating the landmark period in all of pool-dom, the Johnston City tournaments (Johnston City, IL)?

http://onepocket.org/JanscoHOF.htm

What think ye?
-Sean

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I think about this more and more, I keep coming back to the Fuscos of Pennsylvania.

1. Jimmy holds numerous titles and came 2nd at the 1983 World Straight Pool championships, losing to Mizerak in the final.

2. Pete won the 1972 World 9-ball Torunament and came 2nd in the 1973 Las Vegas Open 8-ball championship. He also won the high run prize at the 1977 World Straight Pool Championships with a run of 117, finishing 7th in that event.

3. Mike was the 1969 Philadelphia City Champion.

The Fuscos didn't just play sporty, they were proven champions with impressive competitive credentials.

I believe Mike is of no relation to Jimmy or Petey. Jimmy & Petey are cousins. You could always add Jimmy's dad (George) to the list. George taught both Jimmy & Petey how to play.

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, they're not pool players, but how about the Ceulemans family: Raymond, his two sons, Kurt and Koen, and two grandsons, Peter and Bart.

Mark