9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
One pm

Got this pm

NewCastleGas said:
Amazing... Your getting tore up on here... This is why I don't post or try to justify or explain anything. Half these people are retards..

And this one too

NewCastleGas said:
As far as I know. The cue has been posted numberous times but the only person that paid for it and didn't get a refund via paypal or myself was Danny Mastermaker. I didn't list or sell to him my son did, but he paid via paypal with a gift. I refund $1000 or $1500 of his money and plan on getting him the rest when I can.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Got this pm

NewCastleGas said:
Amazing... Your getting tore up on here... This is why I don't post or try to justify or explain anything. Half these people are retards..

And this one too

NewCastleGas said:
As far as I know. The cue has been posted numberous times but the only person that paid for it and didn't get a refund via paypal or myself was Danny Mastermaker. I didn't list or sell to him my son did, but he paid via paypal with a gift. I refund $1000 or $1500 of his money and plan on getting him the rest when I can.

There's an interesting set of PMs.

Kevin

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think the father is the son and has many names(accounts)!I hate a thief....

am down with it as long as he aint also the holy ghost

miscreant behavior, severe issues of moral turpitude and a copious amount of bullshit comes to mind when i hear the forney name

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Got this pm

NewCastleGas said:

And this one too

There's an interesting set of PMs.

Kevin

Well now he has the money to refund the lone person his son shafted.. guess we'll see where that goes...

JV

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like people of honor myself. Thieves and liars suck.

Thanks

Kevin

While I agree with this post, who in the world is ever going to put up a post saying "I love and agree with dishonorable people, thieves, and liars"?

Although in thinking about it, wouldn't life be much easier if those people actually posted things like that? Hehe.

21Gambler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Got this pm

NewCastleGas said:

And this one too

NewCastleGas said:

Pretty sure this is the same Scruggs cue and case you just purchased from NewCastleGas, please notice the town name New Castle, PA.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/spo/3489550945.html

Happy Holidays all
Sean

9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Wow

Got this pm

NewCastleGas said:

And this one too

Pretty sure this is the same Scruggs cue and case you just purchased from NewCastleGas, please notice the town name New Castle, PA.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/spo/3489550945.html

Happy Holidays all
Sean

Wow that's odd.. And it's different pics that are used in Craigslist then used here on az. The pics on craiglists are the same used on the eBay scam. No one buy this cue from craiglist

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
speculation alert! but alongside some facts...

Brian

I buy lots of stuff and have never had to chase anyone down legally, so I have no first hand experience of why it is that guys like this don't get put away.

I think I had a deal once with Jeff, but even after I PayPaled the seller, another AZer demanded his right to buy (get scammed for) the cue, claiming he had PMed the seller first so I had the seller give me my money back and let the other guy go ahead (I so hate squabbling over buying stuff).

Kevin

good morning, Kevin;

it's speculative, but I think the reason this guy (or these guys) are not yet in jail is twofold.

1. law enforcement agencies, like most other municipal, state, and even government agencies, are financially strapped such that they have to do a lot of prioritizing.

As a for instance, on last night's news I saw that Chicago was celebrating their 500th homicide of the year, a new record for them, I believe. In the story they alluded to the severe lack of money as a prime contributing factor for this alarming milestone.

So when people do scams for $300 here, $2000 there, these unfortunately fall a bit further down the priority list of who get's their attention.

2. the 2nd part of the equation, I think, is that once he/they are found out by paypal, or whomever, to have not come through on their deals, they work it out (get debited) after the fact.

We read in the pm from NewCastleGas (forney) that he claims to have made partial restitution to previous wrapless scruggs victim Danny Mastermaker (dannym). Forney claims he paid back either $1000 or $1500 to Danny. I find it interesting that after having ripped someone off and then supposedly making some restitution, that he can't remember within $500 how much he sent. :confused:

Now that forney has a couple grand in his pocket, it'll be interesting to see if DannyM gets the rest of his dough.

Also worth noting, and I know it's a pet peeve of yours, Kev, and I don't ever do this anymore because of your advising against it, was that Danny paid Forney via paypal gift so it looks like he got stuck with no recourse because of that decision.

People take note: As per Kevin Brewer's sage advice; NEVER SEND PAYPAL PAYMENTS AS GIFTS! This can bite you right in the ass. :eek:

Finally, in another NewCastleGas (forney) pm he calls half of the people here on az, "retards".

To me this indicates one of two things:

1. This is the one and only thief, Jeff Forney, who has been doing all of the taunting here under many aliases . . .

or

2. this is the father perhaps with less thieving *direct* involvent (but, he sure as hell had knowledge of the ripoffs) and with his 'retard' comment has affirmed what another az'er said about the apple not falling far from the tree.

And I agree with you, sir, I, too, hate squabbling over buying stuff.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
good morning, Kevin;

it's speculative, but I think the reason this guy (or these guys) are not yet in jail is twofold.

1. law enforcement agencies, like most other municipal, state, and even government agencies, are financially strapped such that they have to do a lot of prioritizing.

As a for instance, on last night's news I saw that Chicago was celebrating their 500th homicide of the year, a new record for them, I believe. In the story they alluded to the severe lack of money as a prime contributing factor for this alarming milestone.

So when people do scams for $300 here, $2000 there, these unfortunately fall a bit further down the priority list of who get's their attention.

2. the 2nd part of the equation, I think, is that once he/they are found out by paypal, or whomever, to have not come through on their deals, they work it out (get debited) after the fact.

We read in the pm from NewCastleGas (forney) that he claims to have made partial restitution to previous wrapless scruggs victim Danny Mastermaker (dannym). Forney claims he paid back either $1000 or $1500 to Danny. I find it interesting that after having ripped someone off and then supposedly making some restitution, that he can't remember within $500 how much he sent. :confused:

Also worth noting, and I know it's a pet peeve of yours, Kev, and I don't ever do this anymore because of your advising against it, was that Danny paid Forney via paypal gift so it looks like he got stuck with no recourse because of that decision. Now that forney has a couple grand in his pocket, it'll be interesting to see if DannyM gets his dough.

As per Kevin Brewer's sage advice, NEVER SEND PAYPAL PAYMENTS AS GIFTS! This can bite you right in the ass. :eek:

Finally, in another NewCastleGas (forney) pm he calls half of the people here on az, "retards".

To me this indicates one of two things:

1. This is the one and only thief, Jeff Forney, who has been doing all of the taunting here under many aliases . . .

or

2. this is the father perhaps with less thieving *direct* involvent (but, he sure as hell had knowledge of the ripoffs) and with his 'retard' comment has affirmed what another az'er said about the apple not falling far from the tree.

And I agree with you, sir, I, too, hate squabbling over buying stuff.

best,
brian kc

Brian

Trades are difficult, but if everybody buying would pay by PayPal funded with a credit card, and every seller here on AZ accept PayPal, the rips-offs would completely cease. Interesting that that has not happened. Meantime the rip offs seem to increase.

A basic tenet of the con game is "you can't cheat an honest man". I'm not saying everyone that gets burned here deserves it, but the easiest way to steal here on AZ is to offer the product below market. Those deals becomes feeding frenzies and are quite often rips. Its almost funny how many members are willing to risk 100% of their money to buy a cue 15% below market.

The deal I was alluding to was a Tascarella, a $2500 cue offered for $1800. I told the seller I owned it and I PayPaled him the money. I posted in the thread that I was pretty sure it was a rip and pointed out what I saw as signs. Even while the honesty of the deal was being debated, even AFTER someone found the site the seller had leeched the pics of "his" cue from, people still wanted to argue their right to buy the cue, so I graciously stepped out. The "seller" was happy to refund my PayPal payment as it was clear to him that he wasn't going to profit off his scam with me.

A fool and his money blah blah blah.

PayPal from a credit card and you are completely protected. Pay some other way and you risk starting a thread asking for members to help you find some guy that will never be found.

Kevin

troro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Brian

Trades are difficult, but if everybody buying would pay by PayPal funded with a credit card, and every seller here on AZ accept PayPal, the rips-offs would completely cease. Interesting that that has not happened. Meantime the rip offs seem to increase.

Kevin

Is this statement really true? My understanding was the gift option protects the seller. I've heard the flip side, where the seller accepts paypal (non gift option) and the buyer claims the product never arrived and paypal sides with the buyer. Even in cases where proof of delivery is shown by the shipper used (fedex, ups, usps, etc..). It seems to me gift protects seller and non gift protects buyer. So, there is the possibility of getting ripped off either way.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Kevin

Is this statement really true? My understanding was the gift option protects the seller. I've heard the flip side, where the seller accepts paypal (non gift option) and the buyer claims the product never arrived and paypal sides with the buyer. Even in cases where proof of delivery is shown by the shipper used (fedex, ups, usps, etc..). It seems to me gift protects seller and non gift protects buyer. So, there is the possibility of getting ripped off either way.

Troy

My statement is really true. I've posted about this stuff until I'm blue in the face and really nothing changes. If you PayPal funded by a credit card you dispute for "item not delivered" or "item received not as described" with your CREDIT CARD COMPANY (which is NOT PayPal) and you will always win. If you file your dispute with PayPal you are dealing with a company who's dispute resolution is based in what is best for PayPal. Your credit card company gets to have you in mind because as soon as you filed the dispute with them, they took their money back from PayPal, so money (which is always of primary consideration in any dispute resolution involving a corporation) is not an issue.

PayPal protects their sellers, as long as sellers proceed as any merchant who accepts credit cards has to proceed. Their guidelines are clearly posted on their site and if you follow them you are protected by PayPal against loss. As far as being protected by using the gift option, please bear in mind that if you are transacting business and using their gift payment vehicle you are defrauding the very people you may have to turn to if things go bad.

Kevin

Last edited:

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Brian don't worry as we are the other half (non retard) however I am thinking Timmi made more than one of these cues and John makes lots of cases so I asked the guy on Craig's list to meet me here in Chattanooga so I can buy this #2 Timmi Scruggs cue! He declined said it was too far to drive so I am off to the Postoffice to mail him 20 $100 bills ! Great guy offered me a $400 discount to do it like this! I will post pictures as soon as it gets here! Should be Tuesday and I don't think it is FORNEY he is in PA and it is a PO Box 666!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Brian don't worry as we are the other half (non retard) however I am thinking Timmi made more than one of these cues and John makes lots of cases so I asked the guy on Craig's list to meet me here in Chattanooga so I can buy this #2 Timmi Scruggs cue! He declined said it was too far to drive so I am off to the Postoffice to mail him 20 $100 bills ! Great guy offered me a $400 discount to do it like this! I will post pictures as soon as it gets here! Should be Tuesday and I don't think it is FORNEY he is in PA and it is a PO Box 666!

Wait!

I have the same cue and case only better and I'll do the deal for 19 C-Notes.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0

Ron;

while the possibility of getting that 2nd (or is it 4th) duplicate wrapless ts has to be exciting, I'm much more interested in the other aspect.

Do you really think we're in the 'non-retarded' 50%?

Do ya'?

This would be exceptional news... :cool::smile::cool:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Ron;

while the possibility of getting that 2nd (or is it 4th) duplicate wrapless ts has to be exciting, I'm much more interested in the other aspect.

Do you really think we're in the 'non-retarded' 50%?

Do ya'?

This would exceptional news... :cool::smile::cool:

best,
brian kc

Brian

I don't know about you two, but I'm definitely in that "non" group.

Kevin