Brand new dennis searing golden cue

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
In memory of bump.....RIP Sean

Sorry to anyone who thought this may be for sale. It's to honor someone's memory.

I'm bumping this Searing for 2 reasons.

1. To honor the memory of Sean Mullaney( rest in peace ). We spoke on the phone a couple of times a few years back about a Josswest and I didn't know he passed away until last night. I even had his number in my cell phone under Sean Josswest Mullaney and had seen it several times over the years as I scrolled for other numbers. I thought he was alive and well until last night and I just couldn't get it off my mind,because he was just so young. Rest in peace Sean, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I wish I would have known you personally and not just a few phone calls. I know it's been almost 2 years now, but the news is less than a day old for me. I hope this does your memory some justice, because you and Dennis collaborated together for one fantastic cue.

2. To show off this beautiful cue made by Dennis Searing. I'm sure Dennis had 100's of man hours in this cue and it is a 'Masterpiece'. I'm sure Sean and Dennis each had some input on this fantastic work of art.

Thank you Sean for originally sharing this beauty and rest in peace.

Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks for bumping this thread alive...it brings back memories and i almost forgot how immaculate his cues can be...
The veneer point pics are the best available online showing Dennis' little secrets to precision.
AMAZING!!!!

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Searing Cue is nice but not $100K nice. There is a Tim Scruggs Calendar cue made in the 90's that the Searing Cue couldn't hold a candle to. Cue and Cushion own the cue and the price on the cue and case is $12,500.00. The Tim Scruggs is purple heart with all Ivory points, gold ring work and gold and Ivory inlays. The joint caps are even solid Ivory. I personally think it is just about the nicest cue I have ever seen. If I could have one cue to own it would be this Scruggs.

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Searing Cue is nice but not $100K nice. There is a Tim Scruggs Calendar cue made in the 90's that the Searing Cue couldn't hold a candle to. Cue and Cushion own the cue and the price on the cue and case is $12,500.00. The Tim Scruggs is purple heart with all Ivory points, gold ring work and gold and Ivory inlays. The joint caps are even solid Ivory. I personally think it is just about the nicest cue I have ever seen. If I could have one cue to own it would be this Scruggs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. I am sure there is probably someone who would not trade their 1982 Honda Civic with a brand new Ferrari. On a side note, $12,500 would not buy this cue either.

Last edited:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0

All the ivory and gold you want to put into a cue doesn't make a decent to "fairly well" executed cue more valuable than the best in existence.

A fully loaded BMW will always be worth less than a well equipped Lamborghini any day of the week.

It continues to baffle how history repeats....

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow

RIP

I know a lot about that particular cue in speaking with Dennis almost from start to finish while he was working on it...It is truly an amazing cue from an equally AMAZING cue maker

Sorry to anyone who thought this may be for sale. It's to honor someone's memory.

I'm bumping this Searing for 2 reasons.

1. To honor the memory of Sean Mullaney( rest in peace ). We spoke on the phone a couple of times a few years back about a Josswest and I didn't know he passed away until last night. I even had his number in my cell phone under Sean Josswest Mullaney and had seen it several times over the years as I scrolled for other numbers. I thought he was alive and well until last night and I just couldn't get it off my mind,because he was just so young. Rest in peace Sean, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I wish I would have known you personally and not just a few phone calls. I know it's been almost 2 years now, but the news is less than a day old for me. I hope this does your memory some justice, because you and Dennis collaborated together for one fantastic cue.

2. To show off this beautiful cue made by Dennis Searing. I'm sure Dennis had 100's of man hours in this cue and it is a 'Masterpiece'. I'm sure Sean and Dennis each had some input on this fantastic work of art.

Thank you Sean for originally sharing this beauty and rest in peace.

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My sentiments exactly

Thanks for bumping this thread alive...it brings back memories and i almost forgot how immaculate his cues can be...
The veneer point pics are the best available online showing Dennis' little secrets to precision.
AMAZING!!!!

Ya...it highlights everything that makes Dennis' cues special

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
What a beautiful cue

Wow what a Beautiful Dennis Searing. This cue is the nicest cues I have ever seen. I have seen pics of cues with gold in them. This is the first Searing I have seen with the gold. I might be able to own a cue like this some day. Congrats my friend and thanks for the look. Enjoy this cue.:smile:

Chris:wink:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Wow what a Beautiful Dennis Searing. This cue is the nicest cues I have ever seen. I have seen pics of cues with gold in them. This is the first Searing I have seen with the gold. I might be able to own a cue like this some day. Congrats my friend and thanks for the look. Enjoy this cue.:smile:

Chris:wink:

I know of another Searing with gold in it...:rolleyes:

:cool:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0

I don't mean this in a condescending way but Tim Scruggs Cue and Searing Cues are really not on the same level. Personally I won't spend more than $2.5k on any Scruggs no matter how much I love it...but I'd spend $20k on a Searing if I can find one that I love so much and that my pocket permits. To each his own I guess..

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Rest in Peace and know that we are still talking about you.

Amazing cue and great memories seeing Sean holding it...
Best of all is that Dennis built this cue as a gift for Sean. Not a penny was paid by Sean! A hell of a nice gift, but it was well deserved and done from the heart.
This thing is truly perfect, dead nutz perfect. And I mean perfect.
This is my absolute favorite cue to date.
Dan Z

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To think he only gets better

I have talked to Dennis a few times and every time he is more innovative, more precise and has something new up his sleeve. That is why patience for a Searing is never a bad thing if you are waiting.

This is a great cue and one can only imagine what Dennis would have done today to make it better.

Thanks for bringing this cue back up to the front where it belongs.

SS

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice! You are going to have a lot of people trying to shoot you low ball offers in this section. But i am glad i got to see it, and i wish i owned it.