Brawl At Barney's Billiards In Southeast Houston

Barney's? They have purple cloth and its next door to Chuckey Cheese, right?

Knives. The slashers are lucky that they weren't the ones bringing a knife to a gun fight.
 
Nice quality room.
I was thinking about contacting them to hold our season finale event there.
 
Wow, did you guys read the 20 comments at the bottom? Be sure to expand the hidden ones. Everything from politics, to pool is all bums. Makes NPR look like a kids book.

Here is one comment cut and paste:


"I have many people telling me that I need a life...go out to clubs, pool halls, etc. Uh, excuse me, those ARE the people who have no life. Those are breeding grounds for fights and brawls. People go there to drink away their problems, but only to find them return when they wake up with that hangover or a black eye."
 
Has anyone noticed that nothing in the article stated that the brawl started in the pool hall or that any of its patrons were involved? I wonder what the full story is.
 
Barney's? They have purple cloth and its next door to Chuckey Cheese, right?

Knives. The slashers are lucky that they weren't the ones bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Don't underrate a knife in a close or defensive fight. I have carried knives for years and it gives you a pretty good sense of well being. I actually carry several including a Fox karambit I have trained with extensively. What you can do to an assailant in a few fractions of a second is horrifying.
 
Has anyone noticed that nothing in the article stated that the brawl started in the pool hall or that any of its patrons were involved? I wonder what the full story is.

I notice "news" stories are generally like this, especially those on the internet. Garbage reporting, if you ask me...
 
Don't underrate a knife in a close or defensive fight. I have carried knives for years and it gives you a pretty good sense of well being. I actually carry several including a Fox karambit I have trained with extensively. What you can do to an assailant in a few fractions of a second is horrifying.

Yeah, but would you cut someone if they only had their bare hands?
 
Yeah, but would you cut someone if they only had their bare hands?

If someone attacks me there are no rules, I have no problem what ever I do. That being said, I would look for every way to get out of the situation including running like hell. I also have a ccw and often carry a gun. I have to be honest, anywhere within a reasonable distance I feel more lethal with a knife then a gun.

The main difference is, when you pull a knife it is not like a scene out of "West Side Story", you don't square off, you attack instantly. It all ends in just a few seconds. With a gun you can hold someone at bay and possibly get out. Either way they are not snap judgments, you have rehearsed what you will do hundreds if not thousands of times.

I learned a lesson when I was about 10 years old. I was in a supermarket with my mother and we were in line checking out. A couple of tough looking guys were giving an old man and his wife a hard time. At one point one of the guys pushed a cart into the old man wife causing her to react with a yell. I almost didn't see it it happened so fast, the old man smashed a glass jar into the guys head almost killing him and the others ran away.

Here some interesting clips on youtube I saw a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo&feature=g-vrec

I saw a similar demonstration at a knife show with a 8 year old kid and a magic marker. The guy could not keep from being marked from head to toe as the kid flailed away at him. Knives with a little training are really good defense tools and scare the shit out of most anyone when they face one. People often take up martial arts as a self defense thing and that is well and good, but a lot of martial arts involves weapons and that for most people is really more practical in real life and death situations.
 
Last edited:
...

I learned a lesson when I was about 10 years old. I was in a supermarket with my mother and we were in line checking out. A couple of tough looking guys were giving an old man and his wife a hard time. At one point one of the guys pushed a cart into the old man wife causing her to react with a yell. I almost didn't see it it happened so fast, the old man smashed a glass jar into the guys head almost killing him and the others ran away.

I just love a happy ending!
 
I just love a happy ending!
There is actually several lessons to the story. One is, you don't underestimate anyone especially if they are frightens and cornered. Also don't screw with people many don't like it and may in fact react.

Also you yourself don't have to be a victim, try not to get into situations where you may be in danger but if it happens defend yourself, fight as if your life depends on it, because it may.
I always hated the way they always depict women in movies as victims who just allow themselves to be hurt without even putting up a fight.
 
Back
Top