Breakroom and Stokers in Tampa

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Do either of these poolrooms have weekly tournaments and if so how are they? Thank you. Johnnyt

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
Strokers has a few, not sure what weekday nights. I know they have a 9ball tourney saturdays at 2pm. Race to 5.

Breakroom, no. It's my "home" room, as you know. I thought about organizing one there, I do have the owners blessing and he would love to see me do it. But, dont have the energy to do it. Recruiting enough entrants to make it worth while sounds like a chore and the "players" there are far and few between. The few that have any game are all my close friends, getting a tourney together to play my buddies who I already play with X amount of times anyway doesnt sound all that inviting.

If someone here were interested in helping organize a tourney, I have the felt...

If you just want someone to play some friendly or cheap games with, I'll be ur huckleberry.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Strokers has a few, not sure what weekday nights. I know they have a 9ball tourney saturdays at 2pm. Race to 5.

Breakroom, no. It's my "home" room, as you know. I thought about organizing one there, I do have the owners blessing and he would love to see me do it. But, dont have the energy to do it. Recruiting enough entrants to make it worth while sounds like a chore and the "players" there are far and few between. The few that have any game are all my close friends, getting a tourney together to play my buddies who I already play with X amount of times anyway doesnt sound all that inviting.

If someone here were interested in helping organize a tourney, I have the felt...

If you just want someone to play some friendly or cheap games with, I'll be ur huckleberry.

I'll call strokers 2 tonight and see about the Saturday tournament. What night do you go to the Breakroom to play? I'm on a sprained ankle right now but I'm sure it will be better by next week. Johnnyt

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of good players that play Wednesday nights at Strokers in Palm Harbor - 9ball race to 4 winners side/ 3 one loss side. Probably a 15-20 minute ride down Tampa road from Strokers 2.

stuckintampa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to Stroker's Palm Harbor for their weekly in-house tournaments as an observer. They do have great competition. Tournaments are Mondays and Wednesdays. Visit their website and take a look around. http://mystrokers.com/ Tony Crosby and Stephanie Mitchell are the house instructors there. I have met them both and they are really down to earth and nice people. The staff there are great and recognized me when I walked in after only one visit. Good luck to you and hope your ankle feels better soon.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I've been to Stroker's Palm Harbor for their weekly in-house tournaments as an observer. They do have great competition. Tournaments are Mondays and Wednesdays. Visit their website and take a look around. http://mystrokers.com/ Tony Crosby and Stephanie Mitchell are the house instructors there. I have met them both and they are really down to earth and nice people. The staff there are great and recognized me when I walked in after only one visit. Good luck to you and hope your ankle feels better soon.

Thank you. Johnnyt

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
What night do you go to the Breakroom to play? I'm on a sprained ankle right now but I'm sure it will be better by next week. Johnnyt

Anynight, I'll make a special trip up there for you. Just let me know when. But normally a couple nights a week. If you've never seen me before, I look like this.... Feel free to approach me anytime. That goes for any body here who happens to be in Tampa. (BTW; I'm the one with the facial hair)

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Anynight, I'll make a special trip up there for you. Just let me know when. But normally a couple nights a week. If you've never seen me before, I look like this.... Feel free to approach me anytime. That goes for any body here who happens to be in Tampa. (BTW; I'm the one with the facial hair)

Sounds good...I will let you know what night I'll be there next week. Johnnyt

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Strokers !!

Wait oh , I'm in georgia .However if I ever move to that area I am
hanging at strokers .Great staff,great food......hmmmmm I may ride
down this weekend . Is it so bad to be stuck in Tampa ? :grin:

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Let me know if you make it down here this weekend... lots of stuff going

Strokers 2 (Tampa)- US Amateur Championships
Strokers (Palm Harbor)- KF cue tour
Crooked Cue - TAR match between Donny and Shane

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, there is a lot of pool going on in the west coast of Florida this weekend. I was down this week to check out the Crooked Cue, nice place, very friendly, not as large as I thought it would be 11 tables, but still nice. They have a Sat afternoon, 2:00 pm 1 pocket tourney going on which I hope to play in sometime. Tom

stuckintampa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess Tampa isn't that bad if you like to be hot, like to drive in busy traffic with a bunch of idiots and know how to speak Spanish...lol. But really, it's not all that bad. If it were my choice to live here it would be different, but when you are forced to stay somewhere when "home" is backwoods Pennsylvania (New Castle) and the rest of your heart is in Atlanta...yeah, it kinda sucks.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
I guess Tampa isn't that bad if you like to be hot, like to drive in busy traffic with a bunch of idiots and know how to speak Spanish...lol. But really, it's not all that bad. If it were my choice to live here it would be different, but when you are forced to stay somewhere when "home" is backwoods Pennsylvania (New Castle) and the rest of your heart is in Atlanta...yeah, it kinda sucks.

I have been stuck in Tampa 35 of my 43 years, and I think it's pretty cool.

If you have a Gold Crown in your livingroom, and a boat parked in your backyard it makes all the difference.:grin:

Aprazur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are any of the Tampa or Palm Harbor FL pool rooms "No Smoking"? If so,
Which ones? A little bit of a drive, but doable from Fort Myers. Yes, the boat in the back yard would make a BIG difference!

Kind regards,

Jerry

stuckintampa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been stuck in Tampa 35 of my 43 years, and I think it's pretty cool.

If you have a Gold Crown in your livingroom, and a boat parked in your backyard it makes all the difference.:grin:
within the year I plan to have the table parked in the living room. I just have to find a house to rent big enough to have one. It's really sad when your one prerequisite for selecting a house is if it has enough room for a pool table ;)

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
capones in springhill is having monday night 10 ball tournaments.It starts at 8pm I think and is open (no handicap)

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
within the year I plan to have the table parked in the living room. I just have to find a house to rent big enough to have one. It's really sad when your one prerequisite for selecting a house is if it has enough room for a pool table ;)

No, that's not sad. It means you have your priorities in order. I am the same way, and it's gotta be a 9 footer!:wink: