Brothers Billiards, new kind of pool room.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I like the 24 hour availability concept, but not for the usual pool junkie reasons. I like hitting the room early before all the loudmouths get there so this place is perfect. The only problem I see, and hopefully a billiard club will be immune to this since it has single ownership, is the “club mentality” some member get when they think they’re more important than other members. Actually quit a yacht club because of it.

is there a daily rate for people just coming through town? And how are they handling guests of a member? And most importantly, do they allow cigar smoking?
I can't remember any bars I've worked on pool tables in that allowed smoking cigars, even before smoking cigarettes indoors was banned😅

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever been to Montana? Playing pool is only second to fishing in this state!
I have not. Montana and Alaska are the only states that I have not yet been to. That will change soon though, my parents just retires in Couer D'Alene, so I will be spending plenty of time up there.

joninnorfolk

Account was hacked - Pending verification
Silver Member
I think this region (I'm forty some miles from Brothers Billiards) is very short on places to play currently and I can't wait until they're open. I visited with an owner on fb and the out of towner rate for people like me is $125 one-time and $25 a month after or a day rate of $20 (day rate wasn't set in stone). I may rent a locker, but don't drink anymore so a fridge will be a no, especially with 24 hr walmart across the street.

I was spoiled by my time back East and getting to Q-masters several times a week. I don't expect BB to be of that magnitude, but I am so excited to have a pool room again.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have not. Montana and Alaska are the only states that I have not yet been to. That will change soon though, my parents just retires in Couer D'Alene, so I will be spending plenty of time up there.
30 miles from where I live😁

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't remember any bars I've worked on pool tables in that allowed smoking cigars, even before smoking cigarettes indoors was banned😅
You’re just not hanging out in fine establishments!

fortunately the guy who owns the room where I play is a cigar smoker so I have a spot with gold crowns to play. But I get it. I was at Strokers in Palm Harbor several years ago smoking a cigar and a guy came up to me and asked me to put it out. Said he had some health issues. Of course I said I would immediately. Some asshat at the bar came down and said I didn’t have to, that smoking was allowed. But what type of person would say no to that request??

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Couer D’ Alene is Idaho, so your not in MOontana, or Alaska.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re just not hanging out in fine establishments!

fortunately the guy who owns the room where I play is a cigar smoker so I have a spot with gold crowns to play. But I get it. I was at Strokers in Palm Harbor several years ago smoking a cigar and a guy came up to me and asked me to put it out. Said he had some health issues. Of course I said I would immediately. Some asshat at the bar came down and said I didn’t have to, that smoking was allowed. But what type of person would say no to that request??
The one who posted after you.

And he won't tip either!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Tipping is City in China.🤣

Attachments

• 96A2EED3-3DA8-4388-899A-689D0ADAD20B.jpeg
    96A2EED3-3DA8-4388-899A-689D0ADAD20B.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 90

joninnorfolk

Silver Member
Don't be handing my throne to an unopened pool room...it won't prove good for Montana.
I miss exactly three things from my time in Tidewater, Va.... Friends, Q-masters, and Wawa gas stations. I left Virginia in 2009, been back to visit just once, but that pool hall will always be a favorite place of mine. I'm not handing any crown, more likely, I'm holding a higher expectation of what a pool room should be.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss exactly three things from my time in Tidewater, Va.... Friends, Q-masters, and Wawa gas stations. I left Virginia in 2009, been back to visit just once, but that pool hall will always be a favorite place of mine. I'm not handing any crown, more likely, I'm holding a higher expectation of what a pool room should be.
Q-masters would be a place to miss, if it was your home room ...I been there lots.

Wawa beats the piss out of subway, I'll give you that!!

joninnorfolk

Silver Member
Q-masters would be a place to miss, if it was your home room ...I been there lots.

Wawa beats the piss out of subway, I'll give you that!!
I started going at five points when I first got to the area, then QII (which is the current now), and even went to the one at Waterside a time or two. Towards the end of my time, I was at the Virginia Beach Q three to five nights a week.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Q
T

Thanks for the geography lesson, genius. Guess what state Idaho borders...
Well, let's see, to the South is Oregon and Nevada, East is Montana and Wyoming, and West is Washington. Does that answer your stupid question?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q
Well, let's see, to the South is Oregon and Nevada, East is Montana and Wyoming, and West is Washington. Does that answer your stupid question?
I know what states it borders. I also know how close I'll be to Montana...which is why I referenced that I'll be going up there. My question was for coocoo anyway, do you speak for him now? Lord knows someone should.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q
And why do you consider Oregon to be "south" of Idaho? That's like saying the Pacific ocean is south of California. It's west, Sir.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And why do you consider Oregon to be "south" of Idaho? That's like saying the Pacific ocean is south of California. It's west, Sir.
Because Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada all border together to create the Southwest, 3 state corner of Idaho.