Buffalo Billiards, 40K match last night. The worlds pool hall!

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
just seems like every single thread i go into is a big pissing match.

Do what I do and ignore all of that.

Or do what Jam and some other have done.Derail the derail with something more pleasant or off the wall or just plain whacky.

Thanks for the rep btw.

Last edited:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya gotta understand where Lock is coming from....
..every time he tries to make a game at Buffalo Billiards...
..he's gotta give up the world...:eek:

Lock, get you some of that action.

regards
double hemlock

Hello hemlock, hemlock,
I have gotten tired of trying to get some of that action! I had a road player in town town last night trying to woof at me. Wanted to play some cheap games. He plays good, but I did not play him. I had someone waiting on me and I had to leave the pool hall to go meet them, mainly my better half. She is worth a little more than $20.00 a game. Well a lot more! At least I think she is. I love playing pool, but she comes first.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

miscrewed1989

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like fun.

Today at Tacoma's pool hall there was 20 minutes of woofing followed by 3 games of $20.00 1P.:cool:

Sure would be nice to see some actual action after the woofing. Seems all I ever see is the woofing and no action. Why would someone bring a $10,000 bankroll to the poolroom and want to play $5 or $10 onepocket?
"WOOF WOOF WOOF!" <throw bankroll on table>
"OK, I'll play, bet something!"
"meow... Hey, wanna play some $5 partners? meeeeooooow!"
I'd love to see a $40k match! I'm glad there is a place where it still happens.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure would be nice to see some actual action after the woofing. Seems all I ever see is the woofing and no action. Why would someone bring a $10,000 bankroll to the poolroom and want to play $5 or $10 onepocket?
"WOOF WOOF WOOF!" <throw bankroll on table>
"OK, I'll play, bet something!"
"meow... Hey, wanna play some $5 partners? meeeeooooow!"
I'd love to see a $40k match! I'm glad there is a place where it still happens.

The same players are now talking about a $80K match this week. $40K per man in the pot. I can't wait to see if they go thru with it!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hello hemlock, hemlock,
I have gotten tired of trying to get some of that action! I had a road player in town town last night trying to woof at me. Wanted to play some cheap games. He plays good, but I did not play him. I had someone waiting on me and I had to leave the pool hall to go meet them, mainly my better half. She is worth a little more than $20.00 a game. Well a lot more! At least I think she is. I love playing pool, but she comes first.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Be careful in that spot, Lock.
I've had some women put me completely off stroke.:embarrassed2:

regards
double hemlock

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have played pool from the west to the east, and from the north to the south in the USA. With that being said I have been to many many pool halls all over. There are some nice pool halls, there are some not so nice pool halls. It is hard to find a pool hall that has 2 free pool tournaments a week. one 9 ball tournament and one One pocket tournament, Free to enter. Buff puts up the pot. There are 2 smoke machines in the pool hall to get rid of smoke. Nice people working there. Pool tables kept up perfect. Poker machines 3 of them, pay out is good too. One once a month tournament, the first Saturday of the month. $20.00 entry fee.
Buff adds 600.00 to the pot out of his pocket.

There are 10 flat screen TV's in there with cable and disc Network all the sports channels and all the games foot ball and base ball, basket ball golf. I could go on and on, but I am on my lunch break at work.
I am not trying to force anyone into thinking my way about Buffalo Billiards.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

You forgot to add in how he feeds his customers on Saints Day.

You forgot how last night Chalmette Duck cooked for everyone in the pool room and how delicious the food was.

You forgot that if you are truly down on your luck Buff will be the first to give you a helping hand.

You forgot that if you are a working man and you play at Buffalo Billiards, the owner uses your services before he hires an outsider.

You forgot to say how many of the patrons (besides Chalmette Duck) of Buffalo Billiards REGULARLY brings in food from the outside to share with everyone else.

You forgot how Buff pays for PPV pool matches for his customers to watch.

You forget how Buff REGULARLY puts in his dough so that visiting pool dignitaries get some action.

I'm getting tired now.

Maybe it's not The World's Pool Hall but the truth is that if it wasn't right here in my back yard, I would be green with envy.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forgot to add in how he feeds his customers on Saints Day.

You forgot how last night Chalmette Duck cooked for everyone in the pool room and how delicious the food was.

You forgot that if you are truly down on your luck Buff will be the first to give you a helping hand.

You forgot that if you are a working man and you play at Buffalo Billiards, the owner uses your services before he hires an outsider.

You forgot to say how many of the patrons (besides Chalmette Duck) of Buffalo Billiards REGULARLY brings in food from the outside to share with everyone else.

You forgot how Buff pays for PPV pool matches for his customers to watch.

You forget how Buff REGULARLY puts in his dough so that visiting pool dignitaries get some action.

I'm getting tired now.

Maybe it's not The World's Pool Hall but the truth is that if it wasn't right here in my back yard, I would be green with envy.

But, JoeyA,
I was at lunch. I got tired of writing. I run out of time. I did not want to hear or read about someone not liking my talk about the worlds pool hall. Darn, I am at lunch again! You tell em JoeyA!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, JoeyA,
I was at lunch. I got tired of writing. I run out of time. I did not want to hear or read about someone not liking my talk about the worlds pool hall. Darn, I am at lunch again! You tell em JoeyA!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Well add that one to the list.

When you're the marketing director for Buffalo Billiards - you get two lunch breaks!!!

Boy, what a place. :thumbup:

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Personally I wouldn't advertise 80K in the house, pool players associate with some bad people dontchaknow.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You guys are lucky in New Orleans....
..you got a good pool hall where friendships and action games are made.
And a great city where many cultures commingled to create a unique place
with Old World charm and the freedom of spirit of the New World.
...so you got some wind and water problems...N'awlins will survive.

"New Orleans was a song and a state of mind
and a party that never ended.
And those who did not understand that simple fact
should have to get passports to enter the city."
...James Lee Burke

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Dear LockNLoad,

Every time I read one of your posts where you say Buffalo Billiards, and then add "the worlds poohall" it drives me bonkers. You sound like a cheap used car salesman, or an old time traveling salesman of magical elixers. I enjoy most everything else that you post, but that one thing has been bugging me for months! LOL.

I'm not sure if you've gotten a hard time about this yet, but I thought I'd be the first to poke a little fun at ya. All in good fun LNL.

best,

Jhanso18 " The Worlds Ball-Buster"

Kinda reminded me of Chum................hummmmmmmmmmmmm

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
I havent been to Buff's since I moved from Metairie in Nov '06. But I for one can easily say it is the best poolhall Ive ever had the privilege of going too!!!!!

Hell I would go just to watch and listen to Eddie brown make a damn fool of himself ;);)

See ya next month Joey. Bring your AAA game ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Just passed by Buff's. Havent seen it since I lived here. Its looking good!!!!! Sadly I couldnt stop and go in. Doin work at Holy Cross School!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk