Bumperless Cue Ivory "Bolt" Cap

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
This was posted by Mervin (Bebot's son) in a mixed cues thread of ours but I want to post it separately since we have some customers asking if we make bumperless cues. We did so in the past many times.

But this is something unique - with a threaded ivory bolt cap, complementing the ivory hoppe ring.

DSC_1656.jpg

DSC_1657.jpg

DSC_1658.jpg

DSC_1660.jpg

Thread size is patterned from the Mezz-X rubber bumper.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
that is really cool....i like when people go outside the box....

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
This was posted by Mervin (Bebot's son) in a mixed cues thread of ours but I want to post it separately since we have some customers asking if we make bumperless cues. We did so in the past many times.

But this is something unique - with a threaded ivory bolt cap, complementing the ivory hoppe ring.

Thread size is patterned from the Mezz-X rubber bumper.

I think that is really cool, thanks very much for sharing.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i know what NBC stands for,
and it isnt a tv network :thumbup:
that noel is a cue junkie
neat bumperless

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Les thats very trick looking...super neat. My only concern is how durable is it? You know many owners can't leave well enough alone and will at some point stick an allen head in there to have a look around. I can see someone torque it down... :eek:
Definately the coolest bumperless I've seen lately. :thumbup:

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
Les thats very trick looking...super neat. My only concern is how durable is it? You know many owners can't leave well enough alone and will at some point stick an allen head in there to have a look around. I can see someone torque it down... :eek:
Definately the coolest bumperless I've seen lately. :thumbup:

Hi KV, thanks, and yes, I do share your concern in my thoughts. Ivory is still a hard material. But also, I believe the ivory bolt wouldn't be installed-uninstalled very frequently that it would be much under stress. I even doubt it would ever be removed once fit in the course of time. Unless there would be a future weight change where an additional weight bolt is needed, the ivory bolt would be left untouched. Another thing is, that like the Mezz-X bumper, where the thread was patterned, it is not so hard to screw in. And knowing the owner, he may be the most meticulous, cautious, careful, in handling his cues. :)