Busti talks about aiming

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea he talks about one basic shot. Hit it thick and use English to make it. Everyone should shoot that shot like that and just about every pro will shoot a game ball like that. Don’t know what you think this proves. Busti still pivots as evidenced in the video I posted in the other thread.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Yea he talks about one basic shot. Hit it thick and use English to make it. Everyone should shoot that shot like that and just about every pro will shoot a game ball like that. Don’t know what you think this proves. Busti still pivots as evidenced in the video I posted in the other thread.
And the pivot has nothing to do with aiming.

He shows where the cue ball needs to be to pocket the ball with or without spin. He can tell if it's too thick or right without a cue.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hit it thick and use English to make it. Everyone should shoot that shot like that and just about every pro will shoot a game ball like that.
The most reliable way to cut a game ball in with spin is to aim center pocket and add just enough outside spin to eliminate throw altogether (gearing english). I think that's what "every pro" does.

The amount of spin that's "gearing" doesn't change with conditions - the amount of throw does.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And the pivot has nothing to do with aiming.
It sure does! Aiming with a pivot has to be aimed differently than straight on CP to CP or a fraction. But it can be even more accurate and consistent with someone who knows what they're doing like a Bustamante. Hal's aiming systems ALL had a pivot but with different ways of seeing and aligning the CB and OB for each of them. 90/90 was completely based around a very large pivot.
He shows where the cue ball needs to be to pocket the ball with or without spin
They would be at different places on the OB while aiming and at impact. Outside spin will produce "throw" which requires a different aim point than no spin.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The most reliable way to cut a game ball in with spin is to aim center pocket and add just enough outside spin to eliminate throw altogether (gearing english). I think that's what "every pro" does.

The amount of spin that's "gearing" doesn't change with conditions - the amount of throw with different amounts of spin does.

pj
chgo

TOO ? 😂
Parica.told us over dinner Busti and Efren spin the rock too much.
Efren admitted to us he does.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The amount of spin that's "gearing" doesn't change with conditions - the amount of throw with different amounts of spin does.

pj
chgo
But that your opinion and not what the pro’s do

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing nobody brings up is quality of stroke. Players that use lots of english tend to use a low deflection stroke. IOW they minimize deflection by "pinging" the ball further out from center rather than closer to center, which would require more force to generate equivalent spin and create more unrecoverable displacement. BHE lends itself very well to this low deflection stroke and can require further compensation when the ball is struck closer to center. There is of course a force variable at work but I couldn't work that into the previous sentence.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

pj
chgo
What distances are you talking about between CB and OB as well as OB from pocket because it certainly doesn't hold true for everything. I think CJ Wiley would prefer a touch of inside. He's a pro and a damn good one. However, we all know he isn't you or knows what you do.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last I checked the laws of physics still say the opposite of this.

pj
chgo
Ok. Do the spot to middle diamond to side rail spin thing; first with max english to set the bench mark. Use a ping stroke or fade off the ball if you need to. Then try to get the same thing with less (closer to center) english while still going directly to the middle diamond. My guess is you'll run out of swerve before you get enough spin and probably won't get enough spin period.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You made the claim that “it certainly doesn't hold true for everything”. You want “for instance scenarios” of everything?

lol

pj <- making sense is overrated
chgo
Be careful PJ, using facts often doesn't sit well with the KoolAid drinkers that kneel at the CTE altar.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You made the claim that “it certainly doesn't hold true for everything”. You want “for instance scenarios” of everything?

lol

pj <- making sense is overrated
chgo
You're the one who said this: "
Patrick Johnson said:

Why don't YOU make sense of your own claim and statement above? How close is the game ball to the pocket? How far is the CB separated from the OB? What is the ease or severity of the cut angle? Why would outside spin be needed at all if already aiming to center pocket? What method of aiming is being used to set up the CB to OB shot for center pocket? How straight and perfect is your stroke along with alignment to hit center pocket without spin? How is the outside spin being applied - parallel cue or angled (pivoted) cue?

What every pro does isn't YOU nor do you know what they're doing. Do your best to make some sense by answering the above. (You won't because you're clueless Patrick Johnson and reversing it with no answer is your game)

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Use a ping stroke or fade off the ball if you need to.
Can you say that another way?

Then try to get the same thing with less (closer to center) english while still going directly to the middle diamond. My guess is you'll run out of swerve before you get enough spin and probably won't get enough spin period.
If you're talking about swerve's effect on the result ("net effective squirt"), it would help to say that sooner. Swerve is distinctly different from squirt.

Regarding spin and squirt only, farther from center = more.

pj
chgo