Busti talks about aiming

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, and I also wrote my wife's (then fiance's) name in the snow, in cursive. Since she lacks the equipment to do so, I wanted her to experience the joy of seeing one's name in yellow snow for herself. It's the simple things in life! 😅
I used to work in the oilfields. One of my co-workers convinced everyone to write NED in piss on the snow next to the wellhouses. Ned was not happy seeing his name in piss all over the place. His bosses confronted him about it. Unbeknownst to him they were doing it too.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I used to work in the oilfields. One of my co-workers convinced everyone to write NED in piss on the snow next to the wellhouses. Ned was not happy seeing his name in piss all over the place. His bosses confronted him about it. Unbeknownst to him they were doing it too.
Best to use a short name like NED. Something like Bartholomew might take a team effort.

pj
chgo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can guarantee that I not only know what it is but have used throw more effectively than you ever dreamed of using it.

So, what you're saying is aim to the center of the pocket and then use outside English which will throw it into the far right or far left side of the pocket with no margin for error once the English is applied, correct?

Now finish answering these questions regarding outside spin and throw, Genius.

How close is the game ball to the pocket? How far is the CB separated from the OB? What is the ease or severity of the cut angle? Why would outside spin be needed at all if already aiming to center pocket? What method of aiming is being used to set up the CB to OB shot for center pocket? How straight and perfect is your stroke along with alignment to hit center pocket without spin? How is the outside spin being applied - parallel cue or angled (pivoted) cue?
what a colossal tool.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

to discuss how you can eliminate some "gearing, throw" effects is one thing. But I personally recommend to each of my students that they should practice *pure potting* without any english- especially also, to show em, that a good "pocket speed" is the key- so if you aim at center pocket by using a good firm stroke (not hammering with warp speed) is giving enough margin of error.
In my opinion it s about "takin out as many variables" as possible. And with hittin the *CB on vertical axis you have one variable- the speed. (of course hittin the ob how you want :) ).

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well,

to discuss how you can eliminate some "gearing, throw" effects is one thing. But I personally recommend to each of my students that they should practice *pure potting* without any english- especially also, to show em, that a good "pocket speed" is the key- so if you aim at center pocket by using a good firm stroke (not hammering with warp speed) is giving enough margin of error.
In my opinion it s about "takin out as many variables" as possible. And with hittin the *CB on vertical axis you have one variable- the speed. (of course hittin the ob how you want :) ).
I'd go further than just potting to pure lines with none of the slack a pocket provides.