ABSOLUTELY!

Attachments

• IMG_180422_141115.jpg
    IMG_180422_141115.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 395

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
CF shafts come with 3 different finishes........... smooth and shiny.......... matt.... and no finish................. if you screw up the finish on the first 2.............. put it in the lathe spin it up and wet sand all the finish off with 400..... do it length wise to finish........ wax it........... it will be the natural look of CF......... try it .... it works

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CF shafts come with 3 different finishes........... smooth and shiny.......... matt.... and no finish................. if you screw up the finish on the first 2.............. put it in the lathe spin it up and wet sand all the finish off with 400..... do it length wise to finish........ wax it........... it will be the natural look of CF......... try it .... it works
Thanks. This is a Revo
I'm going to choose another path.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve destroyed more tips than I can count with that tool.

Fatboy <——-not very good at tip work
Your not alone. Here's the real funny part. I obviously hate money because I offer free maintenance on the tips I install. All they have to do is come here. Tip don't tip. I don't care. It avoids the above. If I have to pick it up while I'm making my nightly rounds. Yup, your paying something.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your not alone. Here's the real funny part. I obviously hate money because I offer free maintenance on the tips I install. All they have to do is come here. Tip don't tip. I don't care. It avoids the above. If I have to pick it up while I'm making my nightly rounds. Yup, your paying something.
The only thing I can do is crown a tip(as long as it has only flattened out) if it’s mushroomed I need help. I can steam dings out of a shaft as well. Those are the only 2 things I do well. I’m helpless at tips, I couldn’t build a cue in a 100 years. I sure admire those who can.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could try rottenstone on a fiber pad..Rottenstone can be applied with a wetting agent, usually an oil or dry as a polish. Or if it is bad you could try 4ffff pumice first then finish with rottenstone. Burnishing tools are common in custom fishing rod building. They are used to smooth the thread before finishing..