Can you tell cue maker by measurments ???

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ferrule (1. inch long)Ivory (.50 wide ------ 12.90 mm) thick. Butt cap delrin(white 1.50) End of cue at butt - 1.27.rear of leather wrap 1.204. front of wrap 1.024. Joint .850. shaft collar .8380 I played today with cue feels super. Actually beat some guy from Wells Fargo . race to 5. 5-0, and 3-0 eight ball. And I used Russian billiards (Magic Chalk). balances 17 1/2 inches from butt. are these Szamboti measurements???? Thanks in advance to all posts help,or commenting! mark
 
Pics would help!

Measure the distance between the bottom of the joint and the top of the points. The length of the wrap. Length of the butt sleeve! What kind of weight bolt is in the butt end. There is some ways to tell the older cues. Picture of the joint with the shaft where the insert is at and the butt end without the bumper in it but sitting next to it so you can see it also!

I do know some of the measurements but I am NOT any type of expert. But I am sure that with some pics and these measurements that there is someone here that can/will be able to give you some idea of what kind of cue that it is!
 
Ferrule (1. inch long)Ivory (.50 wide ------ 12.90 mm) thick. Butt cap delrin(white 1.50) End of cue at butt - 1.27.rear of leather wrap 1.204. front of wrap 1.024. Joint .850. shaft collar .8380 I played today with cue feels super. Actually beat some guy from Wells Fargo . race to 5. 5-0, and 3-0 eight ball. And I used Russian billiards (Magic Chalk). balances 17 1/2 inches from butt. are these Szamboti measurements???? Thanks in advance to all posts help,or commenting! mark

Tad cue?
.
 
No you can't. But, I can recognize a Meucci by that extra long ferrule from across the pool room.
 
A 1" ferrule is not 'extra long'; that is a normal length.

The recent trend back to shorter ferrules makes a normal 1" ferrule look long I guess...

I use a 1" long ferrule and so do a lot of other people...:confused:

EDIT: or did I missunderstand you and you were meerely saying a Meucci has an extra-long ferrule (longer than an inch) that you can spot across the room? I never noticed a Meucci to be longer than an inch (from poor memory)...
 
sometimes

I can tell some cuemakers apart by measurements. Some have larger chests, larger arms, etc.
 
Back
Top