Cancer strikes again

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
My best friend and neighbor Mike Slaughter has throat Cancer. He
Is a GSBT winner and very strong player. They put a feeding tube in him Friday morning due to weight loss and he starts radiation and Chemotherapy next Monday . Mike works hard and has a 14 yr old daughter and wife who he is the sole supporter.
I just wanted to pass this information on as I know he has friends that are members who might not know about his condition .
Please keep Mike in your prayers through this difficult time
Mike has a GoFundMe page if anyone wants to help

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Petey;

sorry to hear of your friend's situation.

I, too, will send prayers and positive thoughts his way.

best,
brian kc

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
My best friend and neighbor Mike Slaughter has throat Cancer. He
Is a GSBT winner and very strong player. They put a feeding tube in him Friday morning due to weight loss and he starts radiation and Chemotherapy next Monday . Mike works hard and has a 14 yr old daughter and wife who he is the sole supporter.
I just wanted to pass this information on as I know he has friends that are members who might not know about his condition .
Please keep Mike in your prayers through this difficult time
Mike has a GoFundMe page if anyone wants to help

The good thing about throat cancer is its curable. I lost 25% of my body weight in about 4 weeks. Best of luck to your buddy Mike.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping he gets through this .
The doctors say that they have an 85 percent success rate with this type of treatment and that sounds like his chances are pretty good but as we all know it can be unpredictable . Thanks for your support