Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Peer said:
So please enlighten me here if I'm wrong -- this means that any time during play, she can pick either the 7 or the 9 to be her "9-ball" if, for example, a combo comes up, right?

-- peer
Basically. Any time OMG legally pockets the 7 or the 9 she wins.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
cubc said:
I hope so, but I dont know. This is my first time ever gambling.

lol!

Kudos to both players for making this happen and thanks also to TAR for putting this match on the web. It's going to be a blast to watch!

worldison2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 more questions

JCIN said:
Basically. Any time OMG legally pockets the 7 or the 9 she wins.
1 If CUBC sinks the seven on the opening pushout, does it stay down?
2 Does OMGWTF have to call the seven, or can she slop it in anywhere, anytime to win?
Thanks

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I just put all my vcash on cub, then I saw the pix of omgwtf and im regretting it, Gotta always put money (especially fake money) on the hot chick. Damn!

A hot chick that can also shoot is a rarity for sure. So i should b good on the vcash.

N E ways, what r they playing and what is she getting( if anything)

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
Makes you wonder don't it?

What happens to a money ball on the break varies from region to region. When or if it is spotted at all also varies- only moreso . There are probably at least 9 ways for confusion. Get it squared away before you bet fellas.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Fragged said:
What happens to a money ball on the break varies from region to region. When or if it is spotted at all also varies- only moreso . There are probably at least 9 ways for confusion. Get it squared away before you bet fellas.

I agree with you. a lot of people have asked the the wrong people over the years what this and that spot means. Instead of telling the poor guy they weren't sure, they tell them what they THINK it means.

I have been in many differerent bars and poolrooms over the years and some of the rules for some of the spots vary from place to place. Ask ten different housemen about the rules of 3 different spots and you'll be shocked at what you hear. Johnnyt

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
That's why it is good to clarify ALL the rules before the match, so everyone is on the same page and less arguments.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
This is a forum of pool players right?
Icon, the answers below are right. The "rules" can vary ALOT around the country. Best to get them set up front.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I'm not buying the region to region excuse. When someone says you got the 7, it means it counts on the break unless it's the valled 7 or specifed differently which is not the case here.

When someone says "you got the 7" it means just that. It's a money ball like the 9ball now and it doesnt have to be called, if it goes on the break it counts (unless specified otherwise, which in this case it was not). The player getting the weight has to shoot the 8 and 9 if the opoonent has made the 7 on a legal shot. If the 7 is made illegally or on a push it get's spotted just like the 9 would. If the person giving weight says called 7, the it wouldnt count on the break unless thyey called a pocked on the snap and it went in there.

I thought when Chris said OMG has the 7 ball it was perfectly clear.

Last edited:

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa I thought everyone knew that in North Carolina the 7 means you have to call the pocket 4 shots in advance and then make it in that pocket on a 2 rail bank. Said person receiving the 7 making it on the break is automatic forfeit due to unfair rushing the game.

I dont know what kinda game I got tricked into now! I guess I'll still take my chances.

This 9 ball stuff is confusing.

worldison2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
I'm not buying the region to region excuse. When someone says you got the 7, it means it counts on the break unless it's the valled 7 or specifed differently which is not the case here.

Our valled 7 is automatic disqualification.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
Oooh, a spelling mistake. Excuse me all to hell.

It's poor grammar as well. :rolleyes:

JoeyA (who might hit you with a erring shot even if you are from Switzerland).

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
I thought when Chris said OMG has the 7 ball it was perfectly clear.

Since they've played each other before, there probably wouldn't have been any questions between each other. I raised the question earlier to learn something for myself and perhaps the rest of the forum.

Not all pool players are regular gamblers and the great thing about this forum is it gives folks from all walks to check things out and ask questions.

Especially since folks reading this forum are literally from all over the world.