Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
I completely agree with everything else you said in your post, but I respectfully disagree with this part. Of course Cubc wouldn't have done this if he thought he would lose, but as they say in South America, it takes two to tango.

The reason I say this is that prior to this match I had no idea of the history. So I went back and read the comments.

When a person says that another person has "the 7 for life" and that they "won't be nice" then essentially they are telling that person that they have no chance. At least that is my read on it.

Now, that could have all been bluster without real confidence behind it. In which case it is silly to call someone out like that. However I will agree that if CUBC really felt that the game was closer to even then he was "gambling" and that does take some guts to fly to Vegas for one $3000 set.

I just didn't get that read from the initial comments and from the posts by him on the subject in the past few days.

As much as I love my friend Val I think that her and Tina's offers to bet $500 on CUBC made this seem to be more one-sided than it turned out to be. I think that they added pressure to CUBC's side of it.

Regardless, KUDOS to both of them for making the INTERNET REAL! It takes a lot of guts to get up in front of "the world" and try to defend your honor on the table.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kudos

I have to admit when I watched the Cubc practice video, I thought he would be running racks the same way when he matched up.....but it sure didn't look like the same guy......Anyway, I join in all the other who give him credit to do this in front of the world.....all those who might criticize his performance should jump out there and try it themselves under the same conditions....

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
wahcheck said:
I have to admit when I watched the Cubc practice video, I thought he would be running racks the same way when he matched up.....but it sure didn't look like the same guy......Anyway, I join in all the other who give him credit to do this in front of the world.....all those who might criticize his performance should jump out there and try it themselves under the same conditions....
Well he was supposedly shaking like crazy and the table was also probably tougher then the one in the video so it all adds up in the end. :cool:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Madcity said:
JB that was not heart that won it was the nutz that won and OMGWTF was smart enough to know it.

That's not true. On a skill level I still think he has the best of it. Had he played better (slower) and with more thought then he probably would have won.

OMGWTF didn't have the nuts in this set. Although it appears that she has the NUTS in life.

What she DID have going for her was that she had nothing to lose except money. She was already the intellectual winner going in and wouldn't lose any respect from her fans and friends win or lose. CUBC on the other hand had to fade the fact that he was the emotional underdog in this matchup.

I will say this though - from her blog she says she won 3 of 5 sets when they played before. He says they broke even. So if they really do play that close then you're probably right in that the 7 is the nuts. Especially given her break.

I hate to flip flop in one post but you're probably right too in that the wild 7 - with her good break - and the pressure he's under is the NUTS.

;-)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just one more chapter in the continuing saga of OMGWTF. She will be a legend soon, rivaling even the mighty Fatboy!

First a writer of the most innovative and clever verbiage in the entire pool world, and now a renowned gambler and pool hustler. What's next for the Mighty Melinda, pool player extraordinaire? Look out Efren, here she comes!

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
wahcheck said:
I have to admit when I watched the Cubc practice video, I thought he would be running racks the same way when he matched up....

That video was a couple racks played on an 8 footer with 5 inch pockets... Even though he was getting out it was still goofy.

coreyh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a fun match to watch. Watching amateurs posting their own money in a grudge match is entertaining in a completely different way than watching the pros over on the 10-ball feed.

You have to be careful giving any spot on a Diamond. Those pockets will grab a ball and just leave it hanging there.

Thanks to The Action Report for the broadcast. The commentary was entertaining.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when

when was the wild 7 decided upon as the spot? Was it the original proposition or was it just before they began? I thought initially they were gonna play even up......

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
wahcheck said:
when was the wild 7 decided upon as the spot? Was it the original proposition or was it just before they began? I thought initially they were gonna play even up......

CUBC woofed at OMGWTF in his Chicken Wing thread - telling her she has the 7 for life and could bet 2-3000 a set.

OMWTF accepted the offer and suggested Vegas BCA as the venue.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Just one more chapter in the continuing saga of OMGWTF. She will be a legend soon, rivaling even the mighty Fatboy!

Never. However I will give her alot of credit. She should have asked to play again with less weight or even for that matter, she had everything working for her and if his nose was open she might have got another shot an more $$, he wasnt gonna win even after that. Not asking was a mistake. Never let a good customer off the line.

However she did what it took to win. I didnt follow any thing about this match, I just watched it today not knowing about the drama behind it, i ignore that sorta stuff sometimes. The guy just sluffed off the $$$, I have gave away sets like that a few times in my life for various reasons but never with more than $100 bet WTF with 3 Dimes?? WOW. He just gave up after she popped the 2 $$$ balls on the break in a row that put her to +4. Something didnt seem right after that. Her break was way to good for her to have wild balls on the break, what she win 4 games like that? thats half the race, I dont think he could fade that spot. No matter what, if you give up a bad game you still gotta try letting it go is the worst thing to do and the time it took win after she popped those 2 $$$ balls in a row on the break proves he let it go.

Jay shot my nuts off one night playing 8-ball I played hard up to the last rack 14 games down in 5 hours, (should have been -8 but it wasnt I made mistakes), the other night Jay and I were even after 45 minutes or an hour playing 8 ball, I cant beat Jay in the long run, but I sure as hell aint gonna let up when I have the worst of it or anytime for that matter. Thats the wrong time to go soft with 3 bags in the fire, infact there isnt ever a time.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
Never. However I will give her alot of credit. She should have asked to play again with less weight or even for that matter, she had everything working for her and if his nose was open she might have got another shot an more $$, he wasnt gonna win even after that. Not asking was a mistake. Never let a good customer off the line.

Well I think first of all the adrenaline and the emotion were peaking. When a match has this much emotion riding on it it's not so much about the money. Reading her blog I am pretty sure she would have played again. Maybe even let him out of giving her the "7 for life".

But I don't think he was interested. From all accounts she kind of ignored him - prehaps he was waiting for a sort of "bury the hatchet" type of handshake and none was forthcoming. So he left.

This is kind of like you coming in and challenging Bucktooth the way you did. It's more about making people back up their words than the money or chance to make money. You knew Bucktooth wasn't going to flip you a hundred thousand but you did it to prove you would.

This type of grudge match isn't about the money. The amount was put out there by CUBC and accepted by OMG. If she thought she had the nuts then I am sure she could have gotten much more than that posted. This match was about pride and you don't get that back by playing another set and winning.

Believe me, I know.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
Well I think first of all the adrenaline and the emotion were peaking. When a match has this much emotion riding on it it's not so much about the money. Reading her blog I am pretty sure she would have played again. Maybe even let him out of giving her the "7 for life".

But I don't think he was interested. From all accounts she kind of ignored him - prehaps he was waiting for a sort of "bury the hatchet" type of handshake and none was forthcoming. So he left.

This is kind of like you coming in and challenging Bucktooth the way you did. It's more about making people back up their words than the money or chance to make money. You knew Bucktooth wasn't going to flip you a hundred thousand but you did it to prove you would.

This type of grudge match isn't about the money. The amount was put out there by CUBC and accepted by OMG. If she thought she had the nuts then I am sure she could have gotten much more than that posted. This match was about pride and you don't get that back by playing another set and winning.

Believe me, I know.

That damn pride.....has busted many.

Southpaw

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB Cases said:

Believe me, I know.

On my Mom's grave I wish he would have flipped. Right now with biz being down I wouldnt flip for $100,000 but that week I would have.

I dont know the history of this match so i believe you

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
On my Mom's grave I wish he would have flipped. Right now with biz being down I wouldnt flip for $100,000 but that week I would have.

I dont know the history of this match so i believe you

I know you would have. But I think you knew in your heart that the Tooth wasn't going to. However whether he would have or not didn't change the fact that it was a point of pride to high roll him. Had he flipped and won then all it would have proven is that he backs up the talk with the walk. He could have flipped for any amount and you would have been down with it.

In this situation the same thing applies in that OMGWTF called out CUBC on his own words. To his credit he stepped up and played. To his discredit while he was booking bets online on himself and others were saying that OMG had no chance - further increasing the expectation on his side - she was just getting ready quietly and brought nerves of steel.

So he had a lot more pride on the line than she did. Thus a lot more to lose.

At least that's how I see it.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, too funny. A few times if it was late enough I would drive him from Santa Monica to his home. I hope I'm not the only one who gets this post.

yobagua said:
Next match Danny Shades vs OMGWTF. Call it the Bus Pass special.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I thought he was gonna flip, I didnt expect him after all these years of flashing the $$$ he would back it up even at $10,000 a flip we could have had a good game, I saw him for the first time in 85 with $30K on him he had it out in both hands 23 years before that night this last DCC. After all that time no one ever stood up to him???? honestly he had to flip for ten just to save face, but he didnt. I saw him last night he wouldnt look at me, I have no beef with him, he has his way and thats cool with me. But we all saw the truth-I had no idea there was a camera, I damn near didnt walk in I was just off the plane going to my room. The ledgend of Tooth the "Gambler" was exposed that night and forever will be-thanks to a camera that was just left running. As for me I'm not seeking anything from that moment-I had my fun with it. I was disappointed, When I saw the $30,000 in 85 I had never seen so much $$$, I dreamed of the day I could be in his world and flip for it, you know walking around $$, I got to that world and he let me down, He let the pool world down. Kinda like Saddam there were no WMD's. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: sde

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
REMATCH??????? :D

Congrats to OMGWTF !!!

I saw her at the last IPT match and she is a cutie pie. I would give her the 7 out anytime!!!!!!

Russ....