Changing My Cue Vault Extraordinarily

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
As some may know I have a special room where I keep my cues.
It has its own furnace, air conditioning, digital humidity control, and more.
For 20+ years I have used the small antique coin-operated pool tables
that were made ca1931-35 as part of how I exhibit and enjoy the cues.
The tables are genuine and each weighs kinda like a refrigerator. Unique and rare.

I am changing the room radically (and am very apprehensive) even though I love how
the rare small tables work in my vault. I have come upon a very, very rare Akam billiard table,
they were made from 1879-1883. Everything below the rails is cast iron, extremely unique, and
CG Akam became very quickly known as one of the world’s best table makers.

A good friend of mine has worked in the world of antique billiards for 40+ years, has traveled to
likely every state in the Union in his acquisitions and operations, and told me he had only known
of (not seen) three in all his years.

Next week is a big week. In it goes…

Will Prout

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpeg
    IMG_4638.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4637.jpeg
    IMG_4637.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4636.jpeg
    IMG_4636.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_4639.jpeg
    IMG_4639.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 209

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hello Will,
Absolutely amazing. Your room is stunning and I love that new rare table. Before I ever played pocket billiards I learned how to play carom billiards.
I would love to see your room in person one day.
Being a cuemaker for the last 14 years makes me appreciate so much more your role in conservation and taking care of such rare pieces.
I was born in Portugal, Europe and I have seen some really rare tables in palaces and castles that are centuries old. That table reminds me a bit of the French rococo’s style.

Last edited:

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
I know that room. That’s Chalk Box Bill’s place. Bought a bunch of cool stuff from him a couple years ago. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As some may know I have a special room where I keep my cues.
It has its own furnace, air conditioning, digital humidity control, and more.
For 20+ years I have used the small antique coin-operated pool tables
that were made ca1931-35 as part of how I exhibit and enjoy the cues.
The tables are genuine and each weighs kinda like a refrigerator. Unique and rare.

I am changing the room radically (and am very apprehensive) even though I love how
the rare small tables work in my vault. I have come upon a very, very rare Akam billiard table,
they were made from 1879-1883. Everything below the rails is cast iron, extremely unique, and
CG Akam became very quickly known as one of the world’s best table makers.

A good friend of mine has worked in the world of antique billiards for 40+ years, has traveled to
likely every state in the Union in his acquisitions and operations, and told me he had only known
of (not seen) three in all his years.

Next week is a big week. In it goes…

Will Prout
Ok Will. It's official, I'm jealous. Thank you for sharing part of your collection.
😎

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I know that room. That’s Chalk Box Bill’s place. Bought a bunch of cool stuff from him a couple years ago. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, good eye. He’s bringing the table Monday. Fine gentleman!

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Will on a truly rare find. Couldn't happen to a better person, enjoy the new table in the greatest of health sir.

Sincerely
-don