Cheap Airline Tickets for Pool Tournaments

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
If you are booking a flight to one of the many pool tournaments around the coutnry or know a pro who flys to the pool tournaments (Sorry Donnie M) check out the prices from Air Tran Airways.

At these prices I might be inclined to hit the tournament trail again. If only I can find one that I have chance to compete in. :embarrassed2:

I heard there was a good one May 11-16.
JoeyA
 
Thanks JoeyA......thats some very useful info.....I plan on trying to get back into the game as much as time allows and this would be helpful instead of driving...thanks for that info!
 
JoeyA...If you're talking about the "member club" rates, of $8-$88, you should know this...there are only a FEW seats on those flights, and they are booked within about an hour of the email notice that Air Tran sends you. On top of that, even if you get lucky enough to get a cheap seat, they add on all kinds of fees (including luggage), so that the eventual cost is still around $100-$200. Not that those prices are not a "deal", but it's not like it appears on the face. I've booked some of those flights, and I can tell you, from experience, that Air Tran really packs them into the airplane too...too small seats, and no room between rows.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Edit...Wow, I just realized this is my 4000th post! Ah...big deal! LOL

If you are booking a flight to one of the many pool tournaments around the coutnry or know a pro who flys to the pool tournaments (Sorry Donnie M) check out the prices from Air Tran Airways.

At these prices I might be inclined to hit the tournament trail again. If only I can find one that I have chance to compete in. :embarrassed2:

I heard there was a good one May 11-16.
JoeyA
 
Yes, you gotta watch em'

If you are booking a flight to one of the many pool tournaments around the coutnry or know a pro who flys to the pool tournaments (Sorry Donnie M) check out the prices from Air Tran Airways.

At these prices I might be inclined to hit the tournament trail again. If only I can find one that I have chance to compete in. :embarrassed2:

I heard there was a good one May 11-16.
JoeyA


When I booked our flights to VNEA in Vegas this year, I tried to look at all the options. I found a cheaper flight on one airline, about $40 cheaper than the Southwest tickets I checked. But then there was a baggage charg of $15 for the first bag, and $25 for the 2nd. And that was each way. Turned out the cheaper tickets were gonna cost $40 more.
We booked the Southwest, with NO baggage fee's for the first 2. Non-stop from Indy at $226 each including all taxes. They are about $270 now.
 
If you are booking a flight to one of the many pool tournaments around the coutnry or know a pro who flys to the pool tournaments (Sorry Donnie M) check out the prices from Air Tran Airways.

At these prices I might be inclined to hit the tournament trail again. If only I can find one that I have chance to compete in. :embarrassed2:

I heard there was a good one May 11-16.
JoeyA

Hope to see you there Joyboy, so we can renew our feud! :wink:
 
If you are booking a flight to one of the many pool tournaments around the coutnry or know a pro who flys to the pool tournaments (Sorry Donnie M) check out the prices from Air Tran Airways.

At these prices I might be inclined to hit the tournament trail again. If only I can find one that I have chance to compete in. :embarrassed2:

I heard there was a good one May 11-16.
JoeyA

Thanks for the info. I like to use Priceline.com and Cheaptickets.com
 
TX Poolnut said:
Thanks for the info. I like to use Priceline.com and Cheaptickets.com

About a yr ago or so, I recieved a little gem from a friend on myspace. They posted a bulletin about a site called airfarewatchdog.com that I've found to be invaluable. It checks all the airlines and all the travel sites like cheaptickets, travelocity, etc.

I don't get to very many pool tournaments anymore but I do a lot of personal travel to see friends and family all over the US and I don't think I've bought a ticket outside of that website since I learned about it.
 
About a yr ago or so, I recieved a little gem from a friend on myspace. They posted a bulletin about a site called airfarewatchdog.com that I've found to be invaluable. It checks all the airlines and all the travel sites like cheaptickets, travelocity, etc.

I don't get to very many pool tournaments anymore but I do a lot of personal travel to see friends and family all over the US and I don't think I've bought a ticket outside of that website since I learned about it.

Thanks!
I'm putting www.airfarewatchdog.com on my Favorites. I'll be checking them out too.

JoeyA
 
Back
Top