Chester Krick Passing

butterflycues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I regret to inform our friends in the pool world of the passing of my good friend and mentor Chester Krick. I will greatly miss his almost daily calls and conversations with him. He taught me a lot of techniques in cue building. He was the one who taught me how to build forearms. Before I started building my own forearms Chester was the one who I turned to when I needed one built. He use to call his shop Diveney cues east. I am forever in his debt. Thank You Chester for your hospertality and for all you taught me. May you rest in peace in the arms of our loving savior. Good night my friend.
Pat Diveney

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Sad to hear that.
I ordered a cue from CK once.
He built beautiful wands.

pharaoh68

Banned
This truly is tragic news. When I first started learning about and loving cues, I took note of the unique designs that belonged to Chester. He had a style all his own. I never had the lpeasure of meeting the man but his cues were truly a great contribution to the pool world.

This is a sad day for pool. My condolences to you Pat as well as to his family, friends, and all who knew and loved Chester.

Regards,
Brian

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
My condolences and best wishes to Chester's family and friends. May he rest in peace.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a horrible loss to the billiards community. My condolences to his family.

Rest In Peace Chester

Larry :(

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the second loss in my "Billiards Family" this week. First, Larry Krebs of K.O.Corral, and now Chester Kriek, a truly fine cuemaker. Chester's cues were some of the nicest cues I have seen. His willingness to share his knowledge with someone like Pat is indicative of his unselfishness and love for the sport. May he rest in peace.
Joe

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
butterflycues said:
I regret to inform our friends in the pool world of the passing of my good friend and mentor Chester Krick. I will greatly miss his almost daily calls and conversations with him. He taught me a lot of techniques in cue building. He was the one who taught me how to build forearms. Before I started building my own forearms Chester was the one who I turned to when I needed one built. He use to call his shop Diveney cues east. I am forever in his debt. Thank You Chester for your hospertality and for all you taught me. May you rest in peace in the arms of our loving savior. Good night my friend.
Pat Diveney
Pat, Chester was the one that gave Bryan and I the thought to create a CNC Machine. He supplied our first controller, and his help was instrumental through the process. We hate to hear of his passing, and will keep him in our prayers.

Jim Sickles
Unique Products, Inc.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
butterflycues said:
Pat Diveney

This is a sad day to learn this. I just spoke with Karen and could not believe what I was hearing. Chester and I would talk on the phone about cues and cue building for hours and he will surely be missed. He invited me to his house and shop and we spent a week of many hours talking about cues and building techniques. He loved to build cues and explore woods and build cnc machines. We learned a lot together. He will be very sadly missed. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Keith, Sherri and I send our condolences to his family. I never met him personaly and that was my loss. rest assured he is in a better place and I'm sure putting his knowledge to good use there also.

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
butterflycues said:
Pat Diveney

Very sad news. His family is in my thoughts and prayers.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always admired his work, imo a truly innovative cuemaker.

My condolences to his family and friends.

-Roger

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Truly sorry to hear this, Pat, thanks for letting us know.

Chris