Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
No, actually, Charlie has ball in hand because he said something. :)

I donn't understand I guess. The guy assumed there was a concession, which there was not, and grabbed the ball. He begins to rack and then the argument and the TD comes back, replaces the ball and has Charlie shoot it.

Why?????

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
You Win!

akaTrigger said:
That's a bad example.

And I am not being feisty, I'm trying to make a point - even had a smiley face! How is that feisty? :confused:

Yes, Russell fouled. But he ONLY had ball in hand because Charlie said something.

I just can't argue with that French Maid looking at me!! LOL

Ray
:)o )

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to take my time on these shots. I put on a little extra chalk, take a little extra time aiming, get down nice and slow taking some extra strokes and then shoot in the money ball. I milk the pain as long as possible. Why rack the balls and not like it soak into the guy scratching?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol!

Jason Robichaud said:
I like to take my time on these shots. I put on a little extra chalk, take a little extra time aiming, get down nice and slow taking some extra strokes and then shoot in the money ball. I milk the pain as long as possible. Why rack the balls and not like it soak into the guy scratching?

Yes, me too!! 9 out of 10 times your opponent will jump up and go ahead and concede!! LOL.

Ray
(I might even adjust my pants, fix my hair, rub my face,chalk again, chalk again,chalk again, adjust my pant again :shocked:)

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I dont play pool, but I have read alot of books on the subject..so this makes me somewhat of an expert. Dont assume anything..when in doubt, whip it out....if there is a 10 ball on the table and its your ball in hand...shoot it..its only gonna take a few seconds.. Its like when I played in the 1997 World Profseshunal Speling Bea We didunt asume anything..i always made them spel the wurd insted of cunseding it.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
If I understood Crawfish correctly, Russell didn't take it to TD Jay H., Hillbilly did.
Jay had no choice in his decision. imo

Doug
Correct sir. Before anything went down, Charlie called foul and was walking directly to Jay. Jay had no choice. Also, Russell told me afterwards that, "I don't want to talk about it. I knew better." There you have it.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the worst move I have seen is when I guy pocket the money ball and stopped the CB. It was heading to a pocket, but never going to make it. The guy he was playing called a foul for stopping the moving CB. It didn't go well.

I don't give the last ball cause it is the last chance I have for them to miss. If they take it, I have to say something. I'm there to play and win, not watch people rack balls. Simple really, I hate to lose unless the other guy puts more game balls down than I.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sharing handles

ftgokie said:
I dont play pool, but I have read alot of books on the subject..so this makes me somewhat of an expert. Dont assume anything..when in doubt, whip it out....if there is a 10 ball on the table and its your ball in hand...shoot it..its only gonna take a few seconds.. Its like when I played in the 1997 World Profseshunal Speling Bea We didunt asume anything..i always made them spel the wurd insted of cunseding it.

Having your own handle works SO much better.

Mrs ftgokie
ftgokie

Ray
(easily confused)

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
Having your own handle works SO much better.

Mrs ftgokie
ftgokie

Ray
(easily confused)

Nah, its me....Mr.ftgokie my wifes id is trina_jones26. We have been trying to get her id activated for about 3 months now but no luck...i hate her using my id...i get kunfyoozed easily also.. ive emailed AZHousepro...everyone I can think of...but still nothing after 3 months of trying...heck, it took me about 5 months to get mine activated...dont know what the problem is on that end..maybe there is a good reason..but if not...kinda need to get it fixed...but...if its to keep all the riff raff out...then maybe that may be worth it..

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Jay had no choice in his decision. imo

Without a doubt. The TD's job is to interpret/enforce the rules, not make judgments about whether somebody's being chicken$hit. The rules of pool state that Russel fouled by raking the 10. The ball is replaced and Charlie gets BIH.

-Andrew

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what hillbilly would have done if someone did this to him? After being in the pool halls almost all my life you have to expect someone to pull a chickenchit move like this. It was a move to get into Russell's head even if he had shot the ball in with BIH.

Ironman, I don't get why you don't understand the ruling here. Russel raked the 10 ball, just like moving it with your stick on accident. That's a foul. Jay put the ball back where it was and now Hillbilly has BIH after the foul.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
where I am a little confused . . .

Andrew Manning said:
Without a doubt. The TD's job is to interpret/enforce the rules, not make judgments about whether somebody's being chicken$hit. The rules of pool state that Russel fouled by raking the 10. The ball is replaced and Charlie gets BIH.

-Andrew

What I find a little confusing here is why spot and shoot the ball? When Russell raked the ball without Charlie conceding the shot, raking balls is raking balls rather it is one or all of them. Seems that Russell conceded the game to Charlie when he raked the ball, albeit unintentionally.

Hu

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
no shit chicken or otherwise

It takes some brass (or massive stupidity) to assume the game is conceded and sweep the remaining balls away. It was totally a ligit move.

To knowingly take a foul, because face it is a foul to sweep the balls without checking to see if the opponent conceded, is just asking to get called on it.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
ccshrimper said:
I wonder what hillbilly would have done if someone did this to him? After being in the pool halls almost all my life you have to expect someone to pull a chickenchit move like this. It was a move to get into Russell's head even if he had shot the ball in with BIH.

Ironman, I don't get why you don't understand the ruling here. Russel raked the 10 ball, just like moving it with your stick on accident. That's a foul. Jay put the ball back where it was and now Hillbilly has BIH after the foul.

CC,

I don't think Hillbilly would EVER rake the balls without confirmation. If he did and was called on it,I think he would concede the err.

Lewis,

If Jay did NOT replace the 10 ball, he would be conceding the 10 ball for Russell now. That call is up to the player (Russell) whether HE wants to concede to Charlie. I'm assuming Russell made Charlie shoot it.

Ray

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
The Bird has the Word

It was legitimate. I concede shots from time to time during match ups. In tourney play I am a strong advocate of zero concessions of shots. It levels the playing field and eliminates any misunderstandings. The rules are put in place for just this reason. Any actions within the confines of the rules for a designated event are not chitty. Anyone who thinks it is chitty is the chicken chit. A Rooster is certainly an authority on chicken chit and can recoginize it in a flash.:thumbup:

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Russell was in the wrong assuming the match was conceded.Theres no chickenchit move here at all.I Don't know what the big fuss is about,If it rattled him for a couple of games,it was probably due to the fact he screwed up.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
olauzon said:
legitimate chickenshit move i say. as a TD i think Jay has no choice, but Bryant is chickenshit in my book.

I agree, Jay had no choice but I'm surprised hillbilly pulled that. I had the same situation one time, the opponent scratched on the nine and I put the cue ball on the table to shoot the nine and he accused me of sharking him by doing that. I would do it the same way again unless the opponent rakes the ball himself because you never know when somebody will pull the hillbilly move.

Race2-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored , Crawfish

My question is why bring this up on the forum instead of talking to each other? Sounds/looks like stirring the pot to me! BTW I am friends with Charlie but I don't know what I would have done, probably let it go and said to him not to do it again. JMO

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Maybe I Need A LAWYER

Race2-9 said:
My question is why bring this up on the forum instead of talking to each other? Sounds/looks like stirring the pot to me! BTW I am friends with Charlie but I don't know what I would have done, probably let it go and said to him not to do it again. JMO

Because I had a phonecall from Joey when it happened, who gave the phone to Crawfish and they both asked me to post it here and ask the Forum's opinion on what had happened. OK ?

Doug
(I'll try to get your permission next time..... OK ?)