China Open Reporting

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok, well then I keep it going. Sarah just ran out three balls to tie it up at 6:6 - Race to 3 now to see who lives on in this event.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Scores:

VV up 7:3 over Gerda

Manalo tied at 5:5 and runnign out.

Jason Klatt up 7:3 and facign a tough 2 ball.

Darryl Peach running out - no idea what the score is.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John since you are there I'll just ask what happened with Gabe, it looked like he forfeited yesterday in his matches. Also Corey was matched up on the live scores page with Rudi Susanto & when the match started his name was replaced with Ricky Yang. I know they are buds, did they even show up?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The way it's set up here it's impossible to tell who is on the tables unless you know the players and you can only see the scores from one side of the room.

The Heartbreaker has put Yu in jail and Yu goes to the jump cue. Jason Klatt is running out to go up 8:4

Sarah is looking at a long straight in one ball which she drains and draws the rock back just enough to see the 3 - can she hold the cueball for the four? No - she elects to roll past it and take the four in teh same corner -

Gerda misses teh Nine to leave Vivian an early Christmas present 8:3 Vivian. Sarah nails the four and gets in perfect shape on the five. Now if she can just hold it for three more balls she will take the lead again in this match - she has a slight tester on the eight and she pockets it easily. Stay down.............nails it! WTG Heartbreaker 7:6

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John since you are there I'll just ask what happened with Gabe, it looked like he forfeited yesterday in his matches. Also Corey was matched up on the live scores page with Rudi Susanto & when the match started his name was replaced with Ricky Yang. I know they are buds, did they even show up?

The way I hear it Corey's visa was denied and Gabe had booked a hotel through some sort of a time share for a lot less than the host hotel and the organizers had made it mandatory that all players stay in the host hotel. So Gabe lost the money he paid in advance for the time-share and was highly pissed about it. Gabe was down 7:2 in his opening match and he forfeited that and did not show up to the second match and was then out of the event.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sarah runs out to go on the hill first - see she just needed some TV time to bring her game out! Hear that Charlie!!

8:6 Sarah Rousey

Jason answers her with a nine ball to go on the hill moments later. 10:4 Jason

Vivian wins over Gerda 9:3

Manalo is at 7:6

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I hear it Corey's visa was denied and Gabe had booked a hotel through some sort of a time share for a lot less than the host hotel and the organizers had made it mandatory that all players stay in the host hotel. So Gabe lost the money he paid in advance for the time-share and was highly pissed about it. Gabe was down 7:2 in his opening match and he forfeited that and did not show up to the second match and was then out of the event.

Thanks I was just curious when I saw that on the scoring page yesterday

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Klatt is just down on the balls. He is looking really solid here - just got ball in hand on the hill -

Sarah is looking at a thin 2 and she elects to play safe and doesn't hid ethe 2 - Yu has no pocket but she can resafe - NO - she leaves Sarah a long two ball but with natural shape on the 3 - sarah just needs to Cinch It here. Nope - she shoots the 2 into the rail. Leave Yu tough though.

Yu is frozen to the rail and jacked up. Don't know what she tried to do but the result is that Sarah is looking at a good shot and a natural path to the 3. Great speed - now she need to hold the cueball between the nine and and five which she does.

Jason Klatt advances. 11:4

Sarah RUNS OUT to advance!!!! Great Shooting and great nerves there!!!

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sarah runs out to go on the hill first - see she just needed some TV time to bring her game out! Hear that Charlie!!

8:6 Sarah Rousey

Jason answers her with a nine ball to go on the hill moments later. 10:4 Jason

Vivian wins over Gerda 9:3

Manalo is at 7:6

Sarah's match cut off with her 5-4 down on shanghai sports at 10 o'clock for regular programming which sucks because it sounds like she started playing better. Not sure if it is on another channel or not. edit:no matter it's over anyway thx for the updates

Last edited:

max312

Registered
John,

Even though that match was yesterday in Shanghai and we talked with Sarah, your commentating was excellent and exciting. Keep up the greatwork. You should get paid for that!!

Was really cool that Sarah and Jason advanced at the same time.
Thanks again,
Sarah's Dad

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Klatt is just down on the balls. He is looking really solid here - just got ball in hand on the hill -

Sarah is looking at a thin 2 and she elects to play safe and doesn't hid ethe 2 - Yu has no pocket but she can resafe - NO - she leaves Sarah a long two ball but with natural shape on the 3 - sarah just needs to Cinch It here. Nope - she shoots the 2 into the rail. Leave Yu tough though.

Yu is frozen to the rail and jacked up. Don't know what she tried to do but the result is that Sarah is looking at a good shot and a natural path to the 3. Great speed - now she need to hold the cueball between the nine and and five which she does.

Jason Klatt advances. 11:4

Sarah RUNS OUT to advance!!!! Great Shooting and great nerves there!!!

WAY TO GO SARAH.
Thank you very much for the updates. Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
John,

Even though that match was yesterday in Shanghai and we talked with Sarah, your commentating was excellent and exciting. Keep up the greatwork. You should get paid for that!!

Thanks again,
Sarah's Dad

Can we get a link for the tournament so we can listen to John doing commentary? I would bet a dollar to a door nail that John can "SING IT". :smile:

JoeyA

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John,

Thanks again,
Sarah's Dad

Which one? I reported on Sarah's first match a day late, the one she lost, but then reported on her next matches as they were happening. You're welcome about the reports. Luckily I found an internet connection and power so I can sit in the arena and type as I am watching.

By the way - your daughter has HEART!!! With a CAPITAL "H" - The behind the scenes buzz is that not only was she RIGHT in her statements, she was also VERY KIND not to reveal a lot more. Things are often much deeper than they seem.

I am Sarah Rousey's newest fan! She inducted me by giving me a HeartBreaker patch which I will proudly wear on my forehead until such time as I can have it tattooed on. :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
scores: Round 1 of the single elimination.

Marcus Chamat vs. Someone from Taiwan - 1:3
Ernesto Dominguez vs. Someone from China - 3:5
Do Hoang Quan vs. Akakariyama 5:1 Not sure who is who here.
Jeff DeLuna vs. Sniegocki 4:1
Neils Feijen vs Taiwan player 4:2
Shane Van Boening vs. Chinese Player 4:1

Taiwan player vs. Karl Boyes - Karl is up vs. 1 for the other guy
Kazuo Furuta vs. Daryl Peach - 4:1

Jasmin vs. Jeanette 3:4
Rousey vsm Taiwan Player 3:5
Shin Mei Lu vs someone else from taiwan 2: cant' see it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well CRAP - this is twice I have worked hard on a big picture thread and had it wiped out

:-(

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's around 2am eastern time no? Is 6001 on Sopcast the right channel?