China Open Reporting

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
haminh...None of the top Filapino players are at this tournament...something to do with politics.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Gabica and Manalo were both in the field. Also, where was Efren during the BCAPL week in Vegas? He'd probably have been the favroite to win the Grand Masters Eight Ball Event and could have played in the Predator 10-ball event, too. No politics involved there.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So gay, I havn't been able to finish watching one of those matchs on Youtube. Always one never plays, anybody else have this problem. 3 of them in the Jenette Lee match wouldn't work for me :mad:

mrgoochio

pool hall junkey
Silver Member
I'm watching live in china.
Feijen is playing a jap guy in semi, leading 4:3.

I have problem finding other results. Not much coverage here.
Chinese media are pathetic. They don't seem to know any players from overseas. Not even Taiwanese players! :mad:

Don't mean to start trouble.. but this post is pretty ironic if you ask me :rolleyes:

Hoyo

Registered
Fu (china) 8 vs 9 Tsai Pei-Chen(Taiwan)
Karen Corr vs Kelly Fisher

Akakariyama (Japan) vs Niels Feijen
Lu Hui-Chan (Taiwan) vs Thorsten Hohmann

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend there updated me from facebook.
youtube is bannd in china

Ralf lost to Liu (former 2x world junior champ) 11-8
Hohmann won 3 hill hill matches ina row!
JB, found out the guy CW beat earlier was Fong Pang CHao, 2x World 9 Champ and first taiwan champ.
Corr and Fisher both have a shot at title, been awhile since westerner won in asia. The asia women been dominant!

If these girls from taiwan and china played wpba, the rankings would drastically change.
No dissrepect, but the top american women like JLee,Rousey,Villarreal seem a skill level behind these unknown girls from asia.

Phew!Thank goodness visa's are hard to come by LOL

themack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen Corr is playing Kelly Fisher right now.. The score is 7-3 in the favor of Corr. The match has been pretty much 1-sided all Corr so far. Kelly is only in the match because of a couple of 9-ball combos.

Hoyo

Registered

JB, found out the guy CW beat earlier was Fong Pang CHao, 2x World 9 Champ and first taiwan champ.
Corr and Fisher both have a shot at title, been awhile since westerner won in asia. The asia women been dominant!

If these girls from taiwan and china played wpba, the rankings would drastically change.
No dissrepect, but the top american women like JLee,Rousey,Villarreal seem a skill level behind these unknown girls from asia.

"Lu" (Lu Hui-Chan), not "Liu"

I heard taiwanese girls may play wpba tour in 2010. They're busy this year.

themack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen Corr defeated Kelly Fisher 9-5. It looked like Kelly was making a bit of a comeback and getting ready to make it 8-6 when she missed an easy 7-ball which gave Karen an easy out to win.

mrgoochio

pool hall junkey
Silver Member

Yes, youtube is banned in china.. recently (this year) i was there all year until 2 weeks ago (and have been in and out of the country every year since 2005).. not much solid info on why its banned but it is.

back on topic.. thanks to those that posted up those vids so those that missed it can watch

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
men final Hohmann 11 vs Feijen 5
Hohmann won. video is here
http://news.sports.cn/others/zt/09shjq/video/2009-06-14/1814609.html
women final Tsai Pei-Chen(Taiwan)
9 vs Corr 8
Tsai won. No video yet.

Oh Karen! 2nd WPA sanctioned tournament she's lost hill-hill dangitall. I was really rooting for a WPBA player to take this one down. Well, I'm proud of all our WPBA players - Karen, Kelly, Allison, Jeanette, Gerda, Vivian, Sarah, Jasmin, Xiaoting, Ga Young, Line, Tamara, Veronique.

Thanks for the great updates and video posts, JB, Chunchin & anyone else I'd missed! :thumbup: