Here's the 2 ball before and after Aramith restorer and cleaner:
zLKtbRm.jpg

5oR8Dz4.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While not exactly mint, that's better than you find in most pool halls.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you just bought a gold crown go for a new set of centennials
and use those to edge your garden

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice balls!

I think those will serve you well.

Looks like somebody used steel wool on them, given the microscratches in the latter pic. They will get dirty faster, but they are just fine for use.

But new balls are nice!!!:grin-devilish:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the 2 ball before and after Aramith restorer and cleaner:
zLKtbRm.jpg

5oR8Dz4.jpg

That's quite a transformation! I would play with them, but I've played in hole-in-the-wall poolrooms so many times with junky balls that I can play with anything. I play so bad it has no effect on my game.:embarrassed2:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's quite a transformation! I would play with them, but I've played in hole-in-the-wall poolrooms so many times with junky balls that I can play with anything. I play so bad it has no effect on my game.:embarrassed2:

I was in the men's room of a bar once using liquid soap to clean the chalk off the blue cue ball and for some reason people thought I was nuts.

Not nuts, just a pool player.

harry

Registered
While not exactly mint, that's better than you find in most pool halls.
Hi, Bob,

Regarding 3-cushion billiards- can you tell me if the Aramith Restorer leaves a residue on the carom balls making them “slide” off the cushions?

Some ball polishes produce lots of slide... so as the game progresses, the play becomes shorter as the polish wears off... and as a by product, the residue becomes part of the cloth... in my case, Simones Rapide.

Thanks for your reply.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, Bob,

Regarding 3-cushion billiards- can you tell me if the Aramith Restorer leaves a residue on the carom balls making them “slide” off the cushions?

Some ball polishes produce lots of slide... so as the game progresses, the play becomes shorter as the polish wears off... and as a by product, the residue becomes part of the cloth... in my case, Simones Rapide.

Thanks for your reply.
Interesting thought, but I think it is a no, to the 3c balls having residue and playing longer when freshly polished as a result.

I think the balls play shorter as time passes because of the accumulation of chalk on the balls.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please show us the result after the restorer and cleaner. They look much better already but they still look worse than any set I've seen in play. The surface looks sort of lumpy, maybe from remaining wax or something.
Yeah, they look pretty beat up, like they may have bounced on concrete too many times. I’m sure they’ll look better after using the restorer / polish, but I would’nt expect miracles.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi, Bob,

You should follow the restorer with the polish, I believe. The polish is not supposed to have any wax in it, but I always rinse polished balls with clean water and dry them to make sure any residue is removed.

harry

Registered
You should follow the restorer with the polish, I believe. The polish is not supposed to have any wax in it, but I always rinse polished balls with clean water and dry them to make sure any residue is removed.
Perfect! Thank you for answering my question:)
Best,
Harry

harry

Registered
Interesting thought, but I think it is a no, to the 3c balls having residue and playing longer when freshly polished as a result.

I think the balls play shorter as time passes because of the accumulation of chalk on the balls.
Probably some residue on the balls will
contribute to the increase their chalk accumulation; however, if the residue is slippery, the spinning cue ball will have less friction against the cushion cloth... causing it to slide... and play longer.

Then as play continues, the residue comes off the ball onto the cloth. With less residue on the ball it will not slide as much and begin to play shorter... and as you mentioned... aided by the accumulation of chalk.

Over time, if the balls are continually polished leaving residue, the table will eventually not play true...it will play slippery and long, just like it does with new Simonis 300 Rapide.

That’s why I think following Bob’s suggestion to wash the balls after polishing is spot on.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Bob, what polish are you using after Aramith's restorer and cleaner? Or do you consider the Aramith cleaner to be a polish?