C'mon Down Under.... play in Australia

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't swim there, can't go into the bush, if you are in a house or hotel the spiders and snakes are the most venomous in the world.
I'm skurred, hold me.
I wouldn't worry about a little thing like a spider or snake bite.

It's killer koalas you really have to worry about. They can leap out of any tree and attack you with no mercy.

kk_poster_2020.jpg

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't worry about a little thing like a spider or snake bite.
It's killer koalas you really have to worry about. They can leap out of any tree and attack you with no mercy.
Koalas not so much, but the closely related Drop Bears are no joke - if you go, speak softly in the bush, and/or stock up on Vegemite:

There has been relatively little scientific research into the drop bear (Thylarctos plummetus), which the Australian Museum describes as a “large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the koala.”

See also:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just checked and Air New Zealand offers SFO-Sydney flights for $1350 including checked+carry-on+meals+seat selection. Sydney to Adelaide is probably a short cab ride -- how big could the place be?
Right Bob, it's only a short four hour flight from Sidney to Adelaide! I traveled around the entire planet in my youth and I found the Aussies to be most like Americans. They have an adventuresome spirit and are very outgoing and personable people. Plan to visit there on one of my next trips to the Philippines.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I stayed at Glenelg during LIV Adelaide golf its nice and weather gorgeous. Public transportation is good. Pool fans might want to check out Glenelg its way better than Adelaide downtown. I missed out on Aussie football in the oval.

Unlimited metrocard for all public transportation helped.

One problem was transfer from Manila Airport to Indonesia required two visa purchases. One to transfer at Bali airport and one before departing to Austrailia. I flew Cebu Pacific and facemask is mandatory on flight.

Flying back Adelaide to Melbourne to Manila was much better.

Adelaide does not sell liquor in supermarkets. They have liquor stores for that.
Its mostly a college town.

EB3B3801-5D5A-44FC-8E19-D96F96BB76AB.jpeg

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m starting to like this thread….I’ve got a couple friends there…an ex-snooker pro and one on a work contract..
….they’ll see me right….and they’ll both probably play in the tournament.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right Bob, it's only a short four hour flight from Sidney to Adelaide! I traveled around the entire planet in my youth and I found the Aussies to be most like Americans. They have an adventuresome spirit and are very outgoing and personable people. Plan to visit there on one of my next trips to the Philippines.
From what I understand the Australians love beer, bbq, and bad language. If that doesn't sound like a good time, I don't know what does?

telinoz

Registered
I’m starting to like this thread….I’ve got a couple friends there…an ex-snooker pro and one on a work contract..
….they’ll see me right….and they’ll both probably play in the tournament.
Cool, drop me a PM on here if you don't want to share their real names on the forum.
Odds are, I know them anyway.

What about yourself, you coming down under?

justnum

Silver Member
Usually travel and lodge recommendations are given. Are the Aussies here able to do that?

Its a short trip from Manila and advance bookings from Manila are not usually needed.

telinoz

Registered
Usually travel and lodge recommendations are given. Are the Aussies here able to do that?

Its a short trip from Manila and advance bookings from Manila are not usually needed.
The Stamford, Adelaide.
Nice Hotel and walking distance to the venue.

Loads of cafes, bars, restaurants walking distance.

Local wildlife, if you swim in the river.
Enjoy.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Stamford, Adelaide.
Nice Hotel and walking distance to the venue.
Either there is an organized campaign to smear them in reviews or they are having problems right now. Check out the reviews on google maps and booking.com. On the latter, which I think only has reviews from their bookings, the rating is under 7. There are several nearby hotels over 8 and at about the same price.

justnum

Silver Member
Sunday in Adelaide there is nothing open. And hawkers are a problem on the street at night.

telinoz

Registered
Either there is an organized campaign to smear them in reviews or they are having problems right now. Check out the reviews on google maps and booking.com. On the latter, which I think only has reviews from their bookings, the rating is under 7. There are several nearby hotels over 8 and at about the same price.
All noise.
I stay there when in Adelaide, never had a problem.