Cogfrats to Alex Olinger-White Diamonds Winner!

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With calcutta money over 90k this weekend and lots of great players, Alex Olinger defeated Billy Thorpe to take the cheese.

A big win for him and incidentally, 2 Ohio lads in the finals leads me to believe that Ohio is playing a lot of pool right now.

Like most other people, I try to make it a habit to stop in notable pool rooms like Airways in Dayton. My sister lives only a short distance from there so when I finally got to go to Airways I couldn't get there quickly enough.

I met Alex my first time there along with Joe Brown. Both guys were very cordial and Alex and I played cheap. Granted, this has been at least 5 years ago and I haven't been there in quite a while but just about guarantee the the competition is still just as tough.

Congrats Alex!!

Gary

Last edited:

poolgod1

Banned
Alex is a beast on the bar box, could beat anybody on the planet. How much did he win? What did he sell for in the auctions? They probably made a chunk!

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other results posted anywhere?

Mikey

Billy Thorpe finished 2nd. I'm not sure who finished where. I am just posting what I saw on Bigtruck's FB page. I did find a payout list for tourney though.

Attachments

• White DIamond payouts.jpg
    White DIamond payouts.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 917

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Sure was a lot of Ohio players at the Bar Table Classic at the Brickyard a couple weeks ago. Good for these fellas.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alex is a beast on the bar box, could beat anybody on the planet. How much did he win? What did he sell for in the auctions? They probably made a chunk!

Looks like about $32,200.00 in winnings. Congrats Alex.

Last edited:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Congrats to Alex and to Billy, who is only 18 years old..Great tournament and Ray did a good job of streaming as usual...

crow

Caw Caw
Silver Member
With calcutta money over 90k this weekend and lots of great players, Alex Olinger defeated Billy Thorpe to take the cheese.

A big win for him and incidentally, 2 Ohio lads in the finals leads me to believe that Ohio is playing a lot of pool right now.

Like most other people, I try to make it a habit to stop in notable pool rooms like Airways in Dayton. My sister lives only a short distance from there so when I finally got to go to Airways I couldn't get there quickly enough.

I met Alex my first time there along with Joe Brown. Both guys were very cordial and Alex and I played cheap. Granted, this has been at least 5 years ago and I haven't been there in quite a while but just about guarantee the the competition is still just as tough.

Congrats Alex!!

Gary
Yea they are both from Dayton Ohio and I'd almost bet that they were splitting going in to the tourney.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe and Alex Olinger were playing a match earlier in the evening on Sunday and I heard Billy talking to Alex about how the table was playing and Alex said that the table had him sharked. If that's what a table does to a player when it sharks him, I want some of that. :grin:

Congratulations to the two young guns. It was fun watching them and doing some of the commentary for their earlier match. Sorry I had to miss the finals.

JoeyA

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other results posted anywhere?
WHITE DIAMOND BILLIARDS RESULTS FOR THE SUPER 9 BALL TOURNAMENT!
128 players 75 on the alternate list $40 entry 2 Calcutta
Tournament paid $6120 1st Calcutta paid $71,530 2nd Calcutta paid $12,810
TOTAL TOURNAMENT PAYOUT $90,460
1 - ALEX OLINGER
2 - BILLY THORPE
3 - JAMIE BARACK
4-MATT ARMSTRONG
5/6- RONNIE DENNIES
JOSH ROBERTS
7/8-Chip COMPTON
SKYLAR WOODWARD
9/12-RONNIE WISEMAN
JOHN HENNESSE
ROBB SAEZ
MANNY CHAU

Rusty C

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikey

Billy Thorpe finished 2nd. I'm not sure who finished where. I am just posting what I saw on Bigtruck's FB page. I did find a payout list for tourney though.

Its amazing that they get that much money in a calcutta, when they don't even understand how the payouts work.