Color

OtterBoy

Registered
So, everyone commented on my billiards table cloth color, So now I want to know what color everyone thinks is the best color to have on a billiards table. Here is a pic of my table again.

Attachments

• pool_table_1.jpg
    pool_table_1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 692

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks ok to me. I'm sure you will find opinions are like a**holes. That's the nice thing about owning your own table. Its your choice. As for best color, most billiard professionals prefer tournament blue. It is easiest on the eyes after long sessions of play. I personally have tournament green on mine.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
For that table and set up, your choice is fine.

If you want to become a serious player, eventually you will want to upgrade to a better table. Then just standard green or tournament blue is the way to go.

At the end of the day, what you have is great and much better than nothing.

Stick with what you have and spend your money on lessons or books.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I really like blue I had green on my old table have blue now just really like it not sure why :thumbup:

"Q" Protectors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really is what YOU like! I have 860 tournament blue because I play long sessions which is agreed upon that it's easier on the eyes, and all the tables I shoot on for leagues have the same color.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to the people at the diamond booth at the sbe. I asked why the usually put light blue on their tables. The said that that color made it easier to see the balls with that background. Makes sense, i find that the light blue shows every spot. Doe not hide small light stains like a darker color.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The best color is the one that you like. Your table. Your house. Enjoy it.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are or plan to shoot in a league and tournaments on bar tables, I would go championship brand felt with the green. If it's strictly for a home, do whatever color you prefer. My thoughts are to try and shoot with the same cloth you will be shooting on in tournaments. Just my opinion.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this might seem like an odd question but can anyone tell me what colour of blue cloth was used before tournament blue simonis was introduced because I distinctly remember a different colour being used around the time the Mosconi cup was first played in Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainDidactic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife was kind enough to let me put a pool table in our finished basement. So, I let her pick the color. Win/Win. I have a tan cloth with black rails on a Pro- 8 Medalist table.

Now that she is used to the table, I might recover it in the near future with Green or Blue.

I think the Green cloth stays nicer looking longer than the standard 860 Tournament Blue cloth. Rumor has it that the Blue 860 cloth stays better looking, but plays slower.

Comments?

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member
My wife was kind enough to let me put a pool table in our finished basement. So, I let her pick the color. Win/Win. I have a tan cloth with black rails on a Pro- 8 Medalist table.

Now that she is used to the table, I might recover it in the near future with Green or Blue.

I think the Green cloth stays nicer looking longer than the standard 860 Tournament Blue cloth. Rumor has it that the Blue 860 cloth stays better looking, but plays slower.

Comments?

Nice setup.
Anyone ever accuse you of pattern racking? ;)

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I like the colors in this order:

1) blue or camel (either would look great on your table)
2) green or gray

My preference is determined 1) by how well the balls stand out on the felt and then 2) how it looks on the table.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "standard" colors are green, blue/green and lately more bluish hues. If you like how your cloth plays, no reason to spend $300 to get it replaced. Wait till it's worn out and then look for other colors if you like.

Tan also works well, I heard at least one pro talk about how he liked the tan color cloth used on the Camel tour. That's about it really for a "player's" table. Many people that buy a table as a recreation thing, something to do when the TV is broken, get red for some reason. Or black. Seems many cloth colors are there because they match the decorations in the room, not for playability.

Also, you should get new racks, from the pictures it looks like you have one of the crappy ones that don't have enough space behind the balls for your fingers and are also shaped poorly to give a good rack.

Magic Rack is great, but you should also keep a regular quality rack around.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
My GC2 with my Wine colored Simonis 860 cloth. Old pic, the room is a little more populated now, but you get the idea. I still like the cloth color....I did catch hell for it from the hard cores here when I first posted it... I use Masters burgundy chalk....and don't listen to everyone who says anything but blue calk ruins ferrules, it doesn't. I clean the tip with a dry towel when I'm done playing, the ferrule is still white.

As much as I really like this color, the next time I replace the cloth, I'll likely do tournament blue. I don't care for green. its fine for a pool hall or bar, but I want something a little different at home.

Attachments

• goldcrown.jpg
    goldcrown.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 345

Jdale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I been told green easyest color on your eyes, ???, I remember a lot of old timers use to wear those green plastic sun visors when they played. Right that would be in the
50's, 60's.
My home table has green cloth.

Dale