Coming together for a forum member having a rough time

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
When loved one's are lost, living can be even harder.

This painting is in Memorial for Sev.

It's a painting of Joe Jusko linework, the character is called Moon Knight.

( I should have replaced the knife with a pool cue and placed a pool table in front of the character. )

View attachment 652621
I was waiting for what you would come up with.
Nice choice. :)

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
When loved one's are lost, living can be even harder.

This painting is in Memorial for Sev.

It's a painting of Joe Jusko linework, the character is called Moon Knight.

( I should have replaced the knife with a pool cue and placed a pool table in front of the character. )

View attachment 652621
It's extremely relevant, nicely done

Sev

Silver Member
Addressed to AZhousepro:

Mike, find out -- in any number of ways (including Mark himself) -- all the other online discussion groups beyond AZbilliards that Mark is known to have actively posted to -- given his many interests, and apprise all of them about the very commendable and urgent fund that has been formed on his behalf.

He's a talented, prolific, and articulate writer and it is beyond doubt that he has years of posting history elsewhere online. The denizens and regulars on those other groups would surely want to contribute donations in his present time of deep need and understandable emotional distress.

Consider this msg. also as an appeal to any folks who are AZB readers who know Mark moderately or quite well, and who can help by passing onto Mike H. the names of other online interest groups who should be told about the fund.

Arnaldo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the compliments.
Actually the only other forum I was posting on was Billiards Digest. Those long since closed.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the compliments.
Actually the only other forum I was posting on was Billiards Digest. Those long since closed.
I don't know you at all Sev, but I certainly do sympathize with your tragic life-partner loss and feel empathy about your distress and home-retaining situation.

Having reached well into my ninth decade, I've had more than a few friends and two relatives who experienced the exact stressful challenges you've experienced and which continue to confront (and understandably confound) you.

In the further interest of possibly generating a realistic alternate stream of funds for your dilemma, I ask you if I may:

-- Are you a veteran of any of the US armed services?

-- During your past/present working life, what was/is your primary occupation?

-- I personally have no religious interests or affiliations, but perhaps you, not infrequently, associate with some form of respected congregating entity?

There are -- when properly approached in written form -- a large variety of supportive fund-disbursing possibilities (short or long-term) for needy folks who fit into one or several of the three above-implied past or present large and respect-worthy cohorts of the American population.

I seek nothing at all from you, and can simply rest assured that I may have shown you that with your clearly evident writing -- and not least: researching skills -- you can, with a positive frame of mind and a smattering of honest ingenuity, readily and rather quickly financially extricate yourself from at least the money shortage side of your difficulties.

Arnaldo ~ As with many undertakings, just knowing it can be done -- immediately puts you halfway along the path to achieving your worthwhile result, and instantly enables the totally clear mind required for accomplishing it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Sev

Silver Member
I don't know you at all Sev, but I certainly do sympathize with your tragic life-partner loss and feel empathy about your distress and home-retaining situation.

Having reached well into my ninth decade, I've had more than a few friends and two relatives who experienced the exact stressful challenges you've experienced and which continue to confront (and understandably confound) you.

In the further interest of possibly generating a realistic alternate stream of funds for your dilemma, I ask you if I may:

-- Are you a veteran of any of the US armed services?

-- During your past/present working life, what was/is your primary occupation?

-- I personally have no religious interests or affiliations, but perhaps you, not infrequently, associate with some form of respected congregating entity?

There are -- when properly approached in written form -- a large variety of supportive fund-disbursing possibilities (short or long-term) for needy folks who fit into one or several of the three above-implied past or present large and respect-worthy cohorts of the American population.

I seek nothing at all from you, and can simply rest assured that I may have shown you that with your clearly evident writing -- and not least: researching skills -- you can, with a positive frame of mind and a smattering of honest ingenuity, readily and rather quickly financially extricate yourself from at least the money shortage side of your difficulties.

Arnaldo ~ As with many undertakings, just knowing it can be done -- immediately puts you halfway along the path to achieving your worthwhile result, and instantly enables the totally clear mind required for accomplishing it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you.
Kudos's on a long fruitful life.

Not a veteran.
I am a contractor. Geologist by education. Life has lots of twists and turns.
I spent many years commuting from TN to upstate NY taking care of my customer base. This resulted in not establishing a network in TN.
Then COVID struck as did her diagnosis. The traveling ended. So I basically shot myself in the foot by continuing to do business in NY.

I have animals that I have a responsibility to. Boarding them for months at a time is not an option. It would get expensive and not be fair to them.
Unfortunately I have nobody that I can call on to house sit. So going back to traveling is out of the question till such a time as I can find an individual that is trustworthy.

I am sure my current situation will be sort term. However it is getting between here and there that is the issue. There were things left unfinished, bills to pay etc. All the things that go with life. Unfortunately right now with the loss of her income and added expenses that came with Brenda's illness. It has put me in a difficult position.

Currently I am just exploring spreading awareness of the GoFundMe to give people the opportunity to decide if they would like to participate or not.
Should it happen to grow enough. It should give me give me enough time to bridge the gap and start generating enough work to put me back on my feet.
Building a network in contracting does take time. Especially when in an area where you are not a known quantity. All the work I have done here previously has been well received. But referrals are slow to come.

One of Brenda's friends is making the congregation of the church she was a member of aware of the GFM.
Some local businesses have been open to allowing the flyer. I friend of mine in California added a QR code to the flyer for ease of access.

If I have to I will explore other routes of a assistance in the future. Hopefully Mikes GoFundMe will prove to be successful and either meet or exceed the goal.

Time will tell.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Sorry guys, been meaning to get an update posted.

We are almost halfway to the goal. I encourage anyone to share the link to the gofundme. If you are looking for a way to share the fundraiser in your favorite pool room, we have a flyer available with the link and information.

Attachments

• GoFundMe-Poster.pdf
    532.4 KB · Views: 84

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donated.

But worth more than my $ is the advice that you are almost NEVER on the hook to pay the entirety of medical bills in one fell swoop. Hospitals are deperate to get payment any way they can, and I have set up years-long payments plans for services into the $10k+ range. They are just glad to not get stiffed and sell off your debt for pennies on the dollar.

Never, ever let a medical system or physician office tell you they won't work out a reasonable payment plan. I've done it for NICU stays, transplants, etc. I've negotiated it from between $50 to $200/month and they are glad to have it.

Also, there is a difference in how medical bills affect your credit report from other types of debt, so spend time getting up to speed on that and make sure you don't assume anything.

Sev

Silver Member
It has been a while since the last update.
In between I lost another family member to cancer. So 4 losses including my wife in approximately 1 year.
Things just dont seem to be getting any better. The bad news just keeps coming.

I would like to thank everyone that has participated in the GFM. And thank you for the kind words in the comments section.
I just noticed that area. Not sure how I missed it in the first place. Refrigerator blindness of a sort.

The GFM currently stands at 7,810.00.

Thank you all again.
It means more than you know.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a while since the last update.
In between I lost another family member to cancer. So 4 losses including my wife in approximately 1 year.
Things just dont seem to be getting any better. The bad news just keeps coming.

I would like to thank everyone that has participated in the GFM. And thank you for the kind words in the comments section.
I just noticed that area. Not sure how I missed it in the first place. Refrigerator blindness of a sort.

The GFM currently stands at 7,810.00.

Thank you all again.
It means more than you know.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
Hang in there Sev.

Reactions: bbb

Sev

Silver Member
Hang in there Sev.
By my fingernails.
Losing Brenda along with other family members has been incredibly difficult.
I suspect is it a good thing that I generally am not susceptible to depression or suicidal by nature.
Getting through the coming year without anymore heartbreak is all I really want.