"Confessions of a Pool Hustler"

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
Once again I want to thank everyone who read my book and enjoyed it ! I only have a few left, I'm going to do an Ebook in a couple of months. I prefer a signed hard copy, but I'm old school. Thanks again pool lovers, your friend Robert

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like to read about real pool players and the way things go down behind the scenes,hustling,gambling,women and much more do yourself a big favor and buy the book,you will not be able to put it down,until u read it all,believe me this has just about everything that happen in pool from the 70s ,until yesterday,the book is all that!

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Hustler

Great Read,I enjoyed every page. I grew up in the 60'S and 70'S and 80's and saw alot of action. Bobby is old school,buy it and enjoy.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Great book

I just finished it today. I play pool With Mike Katsurus who you mention in the book. He lent me the book. Great guy to play with and hear stories from. Pretty cool the print out from the big tournament in Vegas he won. lots of big names in that roster.

Thanks for the great read.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I found what I want for Christmas. Robert it was nice talking with you last time I was in town, Hope you sell all you can print.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Very good read. I read it in two nights. It was how it was. Right at the top of the pool books. Johnnyt

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought it {along with a lot of other stuff} at the Open. Reading it now.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Then I know what to get you for christmas Spanky...

I think I found what I want for Christmas. Robert it was nice talking with you last time I was in town, Hope you sell all you can print.

Hey, now I know what to GET you for Christmas....

Jaden

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished it today. I play pool With Mike Katsurus who you mention in the book. He lent me the book. Great guy to play with and hear stories from. Pretty cool the print out from the big tournament in Vegas he won. lots of big names in that roster.

T hanks for the great read.
Pittsburgh MIKE KATSURAS,IS A GREAT GUY,boy he could play too,1 pocket,his banks were up there with the best(i seen it)and of course he played 9 ball strong also,some years back when MIKE was living in baltimore,mike and i went around alot,drinking,but always looking for action,we always found plently of it too,we would always wound up at the after hours pool room on pulaski highway(hotshots)well this 1 nite there was every great player from baltimore and the dc area,well MIKE busted everyone of them that nite(thats how good he played)in banks ,1pocket and 9ball,we won over 5000 that nite,but we didnt keep it very long,next nite we sent it all back in ,and MIKE came up a little short,MIKE played POOKIE from dc,1pocket race to 5 for 4000,MIKE was down 4-0,came back and tied it at 4-4,then in the last game made a match winning bank and then missed cue on next shot,then POOKIE ran out for the win,u talk about being sick,but hey the beer was still cold!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich were you there when mike fell off the stage into the trash can?

Obrien,that was the funniest thing ever,Mike and i,went to this bar my wife was working at,we been driking all day now,so mike has a game over on the bar table and iam talking with my wife,so i wasnt paying much attenion to Mike,he comes over and tell me he has a live one(on the pool table)mike is playing 1 handed to this guys 2 hands 10 a game 9 ball,so all of sudden we all hear this loud bang,i look around to see if Mike allright,well i couldnt see him ,but i could hear him,he was over in the garbage can and couldnt get out,he fell off the step up(that the table was on)and landed iN the can,all drunked up of course,so i had to go pull him out,and he just keep on playing like nothing happen,WHAT A GREAT GUY!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obrien,that was the funniest thing ever,Mike and i,went to this bar my wife was working at,we been driking all day now,so mike has a game over on the bar table and iam talking with my wife,so i wasnt paying much attenion to Mike,he comes over and tell me he has a live one(on the pool table)mike is playing 1 handed to this guys 2 hands 10 a game 9 ball,so all of sudden we all hear this loud bang,i look around to see if Mike allright,well i couldnt see him ,but i could hear him,he was over in the garbage can and couldnt get out,he fell off the step up(that the table was on)and landed iN the can,all drunked up of course,so i had to go pull him out,and he just keep on playing like nothing happen,WHAT A GREAT GUY!

Sorry to jump off subject guys,i just had to tell that last story,Pittsburgh Mike that fell in the garbage can,is a part of this great book(thats why i told the story)there r plently of crazy stories like this one in there,now do yourselfs a favor,GO BUY THE BOOK,WHILE U STILL CAN!

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
I hung around with Mike Katsarus for quite a while in 1980, he is a great guy and can turn a toothpick into a lumber mill faster than anybody you've ever seen ! We had great fun together, craps, cards, drinking and of course the women, lol !

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
There has been quite a few times when some sh--t was started in a bar while we were in there gambling, Mike wore these big horned-rimmed glasses, when he took those off and threw them to the side, you had better run, he was fixin to charge like a rhino, LOOK OUT ! Mike is the nuts, I miss our time spent together !