Confessions of a pool player, YOU!!

u12armresl said:
A bunch of people ran a train on a girl in the bathrooms at Executive in Indy.

If you have ever been there you will know how filthy the bathrooms are and the girl was even filthier.

Best pool hall though. It actually feels like a pool hall where other places feel like something else.

This is some disgusting sh*t there. Thanks so much for sharing. NOT.
 
jgpool said:
What is the worst thing you did on a pool table to an opponent?

I once abused my pool table to hook up with a somewhat large chica...

I guess you could call her an opponent - I was wrestling outside of my normal weight class....

Happened in college, my old friends still feel the need to bring this up every now and then to keep my ego in check :D
 
All the stories about guys sleeping on pool tables is BALONEY! You CAN'T sleep on a pool table. It is flat and hard as a rock. I know because I tried. Now, you may be able to sleep on the floor under a pool table. But on top, forget it.

Just trying laying down on a pool table sometime, and then tell me you could sleep there.
 
"brown man" (If you know road players, you have heard of him) used to sleep under table 1 at Executive
 
Russ Chewning said:
The first time I catch an opponent doing something like this, for any reason whatsoever, joke or not, is the last time I play him outside of a tournament.

If he was a friend, he won't stop being my friend, unless it was for money, but he DID forfeit the right to ever play me again outside of a tournament. I don't want to play against someone I have to watch.

I find a prank as funny as the next guy. But the pranks end when I step up to a pool table.

Russ


:rolleyes: yeah, it was mean, but I can assure you, I saved him alot of Money...

Watch me? ofcourse, If we play you'll get plenty of seat time to watch all you want. then when your done watching I'll make you watch somemore...:p :D Tournament? OFCOURSE!


SPINDOKTOR
 
easy to believe

Linda,

It is easy to believe that you haven't done anything you regretted worse than that little TV faus pax. My personal ethics required me to meet everyone halfway or a bit more. As a result, good folks sometimes thought I was a candidate for sainthood. Bad folks occasionally told me I was the biggest a__h___ that they had ever seen. I always let them know I considered it to be a high compliment coming from them.

I could easily believe that a handful of people haven't ever done anything pretty raw on a pool table. When I counted over forty posts and nobody had done anything really raw according to the posts I was just a wee bit skeptical.

I never hustled players that weren't trying to hustle me but anytime the other guy was stalling while constantly trying to raise the bet the game was on. Almost always when they quit stalling I kept right on winning.

One of the all time funniest things I did was to quit a guy with malicious intent. Ever since he came to the table using the obnoxious bit to try to annoy me into gambling with him I had planned to do this to him. We were both stalling horribly but he always insisted I had to win every game. The bet started tiny and continued to rise. When it got to the point that I saw him perk up and get ready to try to move in for the kill while asking for the next double of the bet I told him, "Naah we have both had too much to drink, it's late, and I have taken enough of your money, let's play another night." In a carefully planned move I put down the house stick I was using and was out the door with about a week's pay before he could figure out how to respond to someone being too nice to want to take his money anymore!

That was just for fun. When I played to eat and pay the bills I just chopped wood. Small bets, no real risk, playing a lot of hours at a lot of different places. Aside from pool halls, I knew where every challenge table was within fifty miles and how much you could usually get action for there.

I suspect that your husband can tell stories for hours when the memories start to flow. To make a living at it you pretty much have to gamble with anyone willing to gamble. A lot of them aren't the kind of folks you would invite over for Sunday dinner. It does make for some funny happenings, some that were even funny at the time.

Hu


rackmsuckr said:
Oh, you meant a REAL pool player, LOL. Well, my husband has done and seen it all too, but you're not gonna get him on here anytime soon to spill his guts. ;)

I'd like to say I have been wicked at the table, but it just doesn't happen coming from me. Except the one time I was trying to be assertive (because Mike was trying to teach me how to stand up for my rights) and it created a huge to-do!

Then again, I never had to play pool to put money in my pocket. Good thing! :p Mike and I played for the point last night then I lost hill-hill to the guy who got 2nd place. So I won $25 for 3rd, $20 on Friday for 4th, and $5 on Saturday for 5th place at weekly tournaments. I don't think I am making a very good living at this! :p
 
ShootingArts, I agree, I jump on em hard right out of the gate, if they can play then you will end up with a match, if they are trying to hustle then basicaly thier stratagey is useless against someone who will not let up, they will cut thier losses and move on. Actualy I have found you get better games this way, and is why I do it. the only sure fire way to walk away a winner is to win and win often. Money games ofcourse, playing for fun is just that, as much as I like money, I also like to have fun.

My thing is if I need a spot, I dont need to be playing that pertcular person. So I dont play handicap,,,, you can either hang or you cant, simple...Somedays some people, cant be beat. catching them on the other days is what makes life so sweet.


SPINDOKTOR
 
Back
Top