Congrats to Chip Compton

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Moves are part of it. A guy spit in the chalk a couple years ago while we were playing sets at the Music City Open . My fault, should’ve been paying attention! Later on I made 2000 betting on the side against him . Just gotta let them do what they do and figure a way to make things go your way!!!! Chip did just that so good for him ! Can’t always expect things to just be perfect in a pool room man , you ain’t in CHURCH bud …..
Moves are not part of it

Moves make you a douchebag, like Scott

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I had a friend RIP who tattooed at the Pike back then, the world was different.

A average tattoo artist at a good shop in LA makes $100,000/year on the low. Up to $300,000 on the high. That’s not owning a shop, that scratching ink for someone else and after splitting with the shop.

I know tattoo shop owners who make almost a million a year in LA. NYC the numbers get huge too. In secondary markets 50k a year ain’t bad for tattooing.

I’d tattoo my face before my neck FWIW

Best
Fatboy<———has no issues with tattoos

i'd ink my ass before my neck or face.....oh snap, i did

a ginormous W on each cheek, somewhat bilingual, when i did a handstand it said MOM

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was tending bar in the early 70's an old sailor that frequented the establishment had a dotted line tattooed around his neck and script that said "fill up to here".
Better than putting "cut here" on the dotted line. I've seen that too.

When I was young and in love me and my GF each got matching roses on our backs. This was at a time when only sailors and bikers were getting tattoos and it was hard to find a tattoo parlor. I got mine in a little one man shop in Ft. Worth, TX. The old guy who did mine was a well known tattoo artist in that area and considered highly skilled at his trade. He used the old style equipment that really dug holes in your skin. He told me if it started to hurt too much to let him know and I could take a break. I endured the first fifiteen minutes or so when he put the outline of the rose on my back and began filling in the colors. I told him I needed a break and went outside with my GF, got in my car and left. I had already paid him the $10 I owed him. The tattoo has not been finished to this day and it won't be either. Some people think it looks like a butterfly and that's okay with me.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I think the comments about Scott are a little harsh. You think a player of Chip’s caliber is going to let him get away with any moves, or do you think he would even try. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and while he is brash sometimes, he handled a tough loss with as much class as any of the top players would. You can root against him and dislike him, but some of the BS on here is out of line.

An egomaniac? He has been one of the best one pocket players in the world for years. IMO you can have a little ego for that.
Where is Efren Reyes ego ???

You can't be saying better than Efren are you? If Scott's ego is OK then Efren should have a Rocky monument erected immediately ......

We all know that no one in the top five act like Frost! No one! So that excuse is not valid ....

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moves are not part of it

Moves make you a douchebag, like Scott

Moves are part of being in pool with broke ass pool players that get staked , they gonna do whatever to get that $ regardless! Never had a job so it’s whatever….. I retired after working my ass off 35 years laying floors , I expect and welcome all moves when I’m in the pool room ! you would lose your mind down here in south Texas with the moves these guys try n pull !

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Moves are part of being in pool with broke ass pool players that get staked , they gonna do whatever to get that $ regardless! Never had a job so it’s whatever….. I retired after working my ass off 35 years laying floors , I expect and welcome all moves when I’m in the pool room ! you would lose your mind down here in south Texas with the moves these guys try n pull !
Everything you say is true. It's also true that doing those things makes someone a douchebag.

johnhendy

Registered
Where is Efren Reyes ego ???

You can't be saying better than Efren are you? If Scott's ego is OK then Efren should have a Rocky monument erected immediately ......

We all know that no one in the top five act like Frost! No one! So that excuse is not valid ....

Kd

He beat Efren three or four times gambling in Arizona.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I’m numb to being around douchebags because in POOL-HALLS it’s 1/2 and 1/2 at best!!!!! I’ve always just worried bout me and my actions , never someone else! Don’t have time to be worried what someone else is doing, I practice and get in action ! See how many times it’s me me me me , it’s full time ! I totally understand it’s not right 💯 but it’s how it was in the 80s and early 90s , it was tough out there . BOOT CAMP

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It doesn't bother me at all, but he has to understand that's his reputation. I happen to live in the greater Phoenix area, so I get to see Scott often. I moved here four years ago, and it blows me away to see how many of the local pool players (of all abilities) can't stand the guy. He's tried to get me to match up before, and I liked the game and the bet. But I will absolutely not subject myself to the antics. He even turned down my request to wear headphones if we played. At the end of the day, I'm much better off staying away from him. If it gets him more action, then good for him.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
He beat Efren three or four times gambling in Arizona.
Really

Derby city does not have a Freezer banner and has multiple of Efren and several other people in the top five or top ten list....

Kd

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Derby should have a banner for him. He beat Silver Ochoa in the finals somewhere around 13 or 14.

johnhendy

Registered
I am surprised there is that much animosity towards him. I have played him a few times over the years, tournaments and gambling, and never had a problem. I am curious, are the knockers players or just keyboard cowboys.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I am surprised there is that much animosity towards him. I have played him a few times over the years, tournaments and gambling, and never had a problem. I am curious, are the knockers players or just keyboard cowboys.

i doubt if more than a couple have been in the pit with him, smart $$$ says none

although i don't agree of some of his antics that i've seen in person and on the internet i understand it's part of his, and many others, game

fade it or stay on the rail

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People in 2021 are spending crazy amount of money on Tattoos. Tattoo’s are in vogue.

I see many people in Law Enforcement with crazy amount of Tattoo’s

Remember years ago in the 1970’s we had this Old Sailor, he has a tramp tag that said TWIN SCREWS, and a Propellor on each Ass Cheek.🧐
I think my wife and I must be two of the few people left on the planet that do not have any tatoos.
I remember as a young man learning the ropes of the street I made several things off limits. Any time a gun was pulled out for any reason , I was on my way out as fast as possible, same with needles and whenever anyone mentioned tatoo, I was no where to be found.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

sounds like he respects you as both a player and person

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't bother me at all, but he has to understand that's his reputation. I happen to live in the greater Phoenix area, so I get to see Scott often. I moved here four years ago, and it blows me away to see how many of the local pool players (of all abilities) can't stand the guy. He's tried to get me to match up before, and I liked the game and the bet. But I will absolutely not subject myself to the antics. He even turned down my request to wear headphones if we played. At the end of the day, I'm much better off staying away from him. If it gets him more action, then good for him.

I did , put up with it and loved it all the way to the bank , I got 12-6 lol 😂 !!!!!!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If you took nothing else but the whole Dippy Dave match up. You'd be soured for a lifetime, just on that.